Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
petetherock

An Audiophile's Mid Century Home

The view from my balcony on a quiet Saturday...

IMG_4056.jpg

Nice place for tea and on New Year's Eve, watching 4 fireworks from here...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not replicas, but real stuff... mid century lamps from Denmark...

DSC_5349.jpg

- Wakeup Copenhagen

photo1.jpg

Artichoke lamp in hotel Radisson Blu

photo3.jpg

- Poulsen lamp in Malmöhus Castle, Sweden

photo2.jpg

Did a little bit of cooking recently:

photo-42.jpg

Seared Scallops with Wasabi and Seaweed; Chilean Sea Bass seared with Teriyaki Sauce; Boiled asparagus, and then wrapped in bacon with onion inserted and a single strawberry with sour plum insert.

Second dish was a prawn asparagus stir fry item, and the last was a cod fish / Italian herbs and onion combo.

Then we had lychee ice smoothie and a sour plum ice cube drink with mint leaves.

IMG_3870.jpg

When mounting speakers on the wall, make sure your wall and the screws or mounts can bear the weight - use something with about 20% more limit. Then you will need something behind it to avoid vibrations. The ideal height for surround side speakers is about 2-3 feet above the ears when seated.

Hi Pete,

Just to check, for the socket panel of your surround sound speakers, where can I get that panel and is there a preferred wire to use for these panels?

There are many shops in Sim Lim Tower which sell them, just go have a look. LHS sells affordable speaker cables which you can get with banana plugs. What you buy will depend on your budget.

Banana plugs come in a standard size.

Hi Pete, need yr advise on certain issue.. I have recently purchased Zikmu Parrot speakers which use RCA cable.

As my Samsung TV have no RCA point and is hidden inside the feature wall, the salesman has advised me to run my HDMI to the SCV Setup Box while using my SCV Setup Box to run the RCA wire back to the Zikmu speaker...is this advise correct?

I have limited exposure to these speakers. If your main source is the Starhub box, and it has RCA output, conceivably, it can be a source for your powered speakers.

Best to ask in forums like hardwarezone, where there may be more users of form over function speakers. I am afraid I use the traditional home theatre and audhiophile gear. Cheers.

Thanks for the advice...touching on the topic of wire..Can you advices on the type of HDMI and RCA wire to buy? I need both wires to be 15m long as I am running it in my false ceiling..Btw the shop u recommended at Sim Lim (LHS) seem to have closed down..

LHS is open. Suggest you ask in a hi fi forum instead of a reno thread :) ,eg: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/hdmi-discussion-thread-ii-%7Bconsolidated%7D-3162624.html

If you post in any hi fi forum, just as you do in a reno forum....

Give More Info, Get More Info!!

No budget given, no idea of the quality of your gear. What equipment will you use?? How can anyone help you...

I use a $500 speaker cable for my mains, a $150 HDMI 3m cable from my Blu Ray player to my TV from Audioquest.

My equipment list :

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2011/12/my-gear-12-2011.html

Are you prepared to spend?

Anyway am off, I hope someone will reply you whilst I am away. Good luck!

Edited by petetherock