Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beluga

5A At Cck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haven't been updating for over a week. That's because we are still taking time to tidy up the place, which I think should be about 90% now.

Supreme Flooring guys came yesterday to replace 3 areas of badly scratched laminates which occurred during house moving. How much you may ask? 300 bucks! Ouch!

Nowadays, everytime I hear something dropped on the floor, I will bolt out to check what dropped and give a scolding to whoever who did it... hahaha.... :rolleyes:

Thought lifetime warranty? Bo??

Is ur kitchen black tile easy to maintain.. Mine haven start using oredi foot print everywhere.. Gonna

Be a lot of trouble next time

Is ur kitchen black tile easy to maintain.. Mine haven start using oredi foot print everywhere.. Gonna

So far so good.... Only problem was initially, the renovation stain was super hard to remove as the stain eats deep into the surface. After many rounds of thinner, acid wash and stain remover, even than it was not 100% removed.

Hi how much was your Rewiring cost? Did u specific ally requested for them to use hangar box? Look very branded and classy to me

What type of switch panel do they use?

Hi how much was your Rewiring cost? Did u specific ally requested for them to use hangar box? Look very branded and classy to me

Total electrical cost was 6200+. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the bill....

I had

50+ lighting points

60+ electrical points

20+ 1 and 2 power sockets

7 cat6 point

2 SCV points

Plus some other additional works which is not convenient to mention here....

Only the MCB box is hagar, rest is Legrand...

Edited by beluga

I think the major cost is the piano, I shift my barang at $250 got 1 queen size bedframe , 2 queen mattress, 15+boxes, some chairs etc..

Hi can share with me your mover contact ??

thanks alot ...

It is barely 2 months since I moved in.... Guess what? At least 4 of the downlights is acting strange now. Sometimes it will light up, sometimes all of a sudden, it will turn off by itself. Also, the toilet light in MBR was on and off not working since the beginning. Told ID about the toilet light issue a month ago, he just redirect me to call Palace Lights about this issue, which is understandable. So my wife started calling Palace Light and follow up via SMS. The boss is very polite.... However, weeks after weeks, always got something come up to postpone to next week.

Excuse 1 - Worker not free

Excuse 2 - Worker on MC

Excuse 3 - Worker gone back to MY

Very disappointed. We never wanted to buy from Palace Light from the beginning because the moment we were brought to this place by ID, I did a search in Renotalk and indeed, this place has bad comments. I told ID, he said, "Don't worry, guarantee service because they work with ID, so they will be careful". So, now not ID's tai ji liao lor..... Nice. So, I can only raise the issue here to create awareness to everyone to BEWARE....

Anyone who read this post, please do not quote this text. I still want to give them opportunity to rectify this issue. If the rectify it, then I will delete this post....

Thanks!

Update 9/6/2012

So, the electrician guys came on saturday evening as promised.

Stuff done

- Replaced 1 burned downlight in MBR

- 2 downlight in MBR frames got rewiring done

- MBR toilet light rechecked and repositioned

- 2 noisy downlight in my son's room got the balast repositioned

- Replaced a burned balast in for the kitchen light.

Wow.... so many problem lights within 2 months!

Edited by beluga

that was the "guarantee" given by my contractor too that buying lightings from the shop they recommend, will have better service. thank goodness nothing happens to my lights so far. or else, i sure will scold my contractor.

hope it will be rectified soon. but having the problem for a month? you really patient to wait till they come to rectify even though after weeks of delay.

Why don't you collect the lights from them, do a one to one exchange, ask your ID to call the electrician to come to your house to fix the lights? Remember, you have paid a premium price for electrical work leh.

Edited by ayazumi

@MayDream1. Yes, ultimatum given to them. If by Saturday still not solve, I will post this in D'trenzo thread itself.

@Ayazumi. It's not the bulb but the backend frame issue. I've tried changing the bulb out and fixed to another download and it can light up. I'm not skilled to remove the entire downlight itself.