Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beluga

5A At Cck

Sound scary to hv so many lights off together.. So far the door contractor really good. Everytime we ask for help the next day they will come.

Lights hopefully remain well..

Hope u get ur issue resolved soon..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

@Ayazumi. It's not the bulb but the backend frame issue. I've tried changing the bulb out and fixed to another download and it can light up. I'm not skilled to remove the entire downlight itself.

Aaaaa... if it is downlight, I don't know how it works. But if it is ceiling lights, I know how to remove.

Oh yeah , dun worry they will definitely resolved ASAP w the ultimatum. Like u, we gave our storage ppl the final email be4 submitting for small tribunal claim, guess wat, a day be4 the official dateline, they found our stuff.. N delivered everything yesterday.

Bug Cyrus again!

So, the electrician guys came on saturday evening as promised.

Stuff done

- Replaced 1 burned downlight in MBR

- 2 downlight in MBR frames got rewiring done

- MBR toilet light rechecked and repositioned

- 2 noisy downlight in my son's room got the balast repositioned

- Replaced a burned balast in for the kitchen light.

Wow.... so many problem lights within 2 months!

Over the weekend, another problem surfaced.... Our MBR toilet drainage is blocked! Tried using chemical solution and also use bendable metal wire to poke the blockage but unable to clear it. Asked our old trusty house fixer to clear the block. Guess what? Found dried cement in the drainage! He had to use some force to poke hard to break the cement that choked the pipe. We found this issue in our common toilet also but it was easy to clear as the drainage is directly accessible. In the case of the MBR, the vanity cabinet is directly above it.

Over the weekend, another problem surfaced.... Our MBR toilet drainage is blocked! Tried using chemical solution and also use bendable metal wire to poke the blockage but unable to clear it. Asked our old trusty house fixer to clear the block. Guess what? Found dried cement in the drainage! He had to use some force to poke hard to break the cement that choked the pipe. We found this issue in our common toilet also but it was easy to clear as the drainage is directly accessible. In the case of the MBR, the vanity cabinet is directly above it.

yup, quite normal for those workers to pour the cements down the pipe. really don't understand what is their mindset. :furious:

When my place was under reno, i keep on checking pipes to make sure nothing was stuck there..... still can check on the bigger pipes before the installation of toilet bowls and basins. thank goodness nothing was pour down or else i might have the same problem as yours too.

*quote deleted*

Your downlight is still using ballast? That is old design, the new design downlight no need ballast, can save another 8w of power, no more noise too. When you switch on your downlight, does it blink blink then on or instant on?

Edited by taichipanda

Irresponsible tiling or plastering workers! :curse:

First they lousy experience dont know how to gauge how much cement to mix for a particular job.

Second they lazy to discard the left over cement or the waste water from washing their cement bucket into trash bag.

Third they conveniently pour everything down the drainage pipe.

*quote deleted*

Your downlight is still using ballast? That is old design, the new design downlight no need ballast, can save another 8w of power, no more noise too. When you switch on your downlight, does it blink blink then on or instant on?

It blinks a bit before it lights up. I also prefer those with build-in balast as my previous home is using it. For 7 over years NONE spoiled.

It blinks a bit before it lights up. I also prefer those with build-in balast as my previous home is using it. For 7 over years NONE spoiled.

If got blink means it has ballast and that ballast waste another 8w; if your downlight is 32w, plus the ballast will be 40w, hardly energy saving.

The Philip downlight FBG300/301/302/303/304/305/306 all no ballast, E27 screw in bulb, 14w X 1 or X 2. Bulb included. $33-45 each. Cheap, good and comes with warranty.

If got blink means it has ballast and that ballast waste another 8w; if your downlight is 32w, plus the ballast will be 40w, hardly energy saving.

The Philip downlight FBG300/301/302/303/304/305/306 all no ballast, E27 screw in bulb, 14w X 1 or X 2. Bulb included. $33-45 each. Cheap, good and comes with warranty.

Can I rewire to bypass the ballast and use those bulbs with build in ballast?

I'm currently using 2x13 also.

Can I rewire to bypass the ballast and use those bulbs with build in ballast?

I'm currently using 2x13 also.

Not too sure, check your bulb holder, usually E27 bulb holder can be modify. Try 1 if success then modify all. May void your warranty.

Hi, can i check how is the performance of your living ceiling fan?

It is steady on the ceiling? shakey?

Some new pix....

Living room and dining area. Downlight covers not installed yet as they are patching up the side of the holes.

Carpentry not fully completed too.

DSC01604.jpg

Hi, can i check how is the performance of your living ceiling fan?

It is steady on the ceiling? shakey?

So far so good... Not shaky at all and it's quiet...

Edited by beluga