Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
beluga

5A At Cck

Wow are you popping by everyday?

Yea coz its quite near my current place.... Also want to make sure the drink supply is enough for the guys...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hong tar did the aircon trunking yesterday and did it wrongly!!!! :bangwall: It was not their fault as I wasn't there to tell them in detail how the trunking should be. The compressor is just outside our MBR window. The trunking is trunked out from the bottom of our proposed L-shaped table in the MBR. From the bottom, when trunked up, it should first go through to my parent's room then only trunk up. What they did instead was trunk up on the MBR side of the wall then only go through to my parent's room. This means the L-shape table corner and the shelf will have visible trunking..... Calling Catherine to see what she can do to rectify it....

Isnt ID there to coordinate the aircon trunking? I was still telling my hb that since we oredi engage him should trust him would coordinate well w aircon guy.. Looks like owner still better be around?

Isnt ID there to coordinate the aircon trunking? I was still telling my hb that since we oredi engage him should trust him would coordinate well w aircon guy.. Looks like owner still better be around?

not all ID are that "on" to be there for every single thing. that is why choosing an ID/contractor is very important. Some ID are pure "salesmen" where they sell you their ideas (or some not even that) and give you quotes. Then try to sweet talk you into signing with them. After that, they wash their hands and let the site supervisor handle everything.

not all ID are that "on" to be there for every single thing. that is why choosing an ID/contractor is very important. Some ID are pure "salesmen" where they sell you their ideas (or some not even that) and give you quotes. Then try to sweet talk you into signing with them. After that, they wash their hands and let the site supervisor handle everything.

Not really ID's fault I think though he could have caught this issue. He improved on one of the aircon point though but he missed out this. Trunking behind the cabinet has risk too which the hong tar guy warned me early-early but I still prefer to hide it as I think the risk is small.

Managed to arrange with Catherine to rectify the problem which they will do it tomorrow morning. 3 hours job. 1 half hour to drill another hole and the will relocate the vertical trunking to my parent's room. Sounds good? Thing is, NEED TO PAY! 300 bucks! Bo pian, must spend such money or else everyday see that trunking sianz....

Imagine if I don't rectify, it will look like below.

masterroom_pipe.jpg

With rectification, the vertical piping will be gone. Only the bottom trunking will be visible. Come to think of it, I'm tempted to tell them to even lay bottom trunking on the other side which I think should be doable too....

Edited by beluga

Hong tar guys came to relocated the pipings this morning at 9:30 am.

Before relocation:

IMAG0151.jpg

Rejoining the pipings. They use hot blower to melt the copper strip to mend the pipes. Looks assuring to see the it's quite well done.

IMAG0160.jpg

After relocation:

As we left at 12 pm, they were still working but almost done... Will post a pix of the side of the wall where is has been removed.

As you can see, after relocation, the trunking is gone

IMAG0162.jpg

and now in my parent's room, which will be covered by build-in wardrobe

IMAG0161.jpg

Edited by beluga

So far so good. Tilings look straight and neat. Was there most Saturday morning and late afternoon. There were 4 guys working on the tiling. 3 msian and 1 prc I think. The guys said need to rush coz without the tiling done first, rest will be stuck. I was kinda worried that the neighbour will complain of the noise as they worked beyond Saturday half day and they were sawing the tiles.

Saw a post here about Simple Human's vertical tension bathroom organizer and liked the idea very much as my toilet will not have any shelve and the idea of drilling holes to add rack does not sound like a good idea to me coz after some time, the screw that is mounted on the wall will loosen up like what happened to our current toilet's shower head holder which all dropped out recently (Maybe it could sense that we are leaving, so commit suicide.... hehehe).

So, as I went back to my hometown today, I saw similar stuff sold in Cosway at RM 79.90 and thought I'd give it a try by installing it at our current place to see how sturdy it is. There is a towel holder but I didn't install it as I don't see the need.

The box:

IMAG0167.jpg

Installed:

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Edited by beluga