Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
euphony

Minimalism

I was in Toronto when I was a kid and that was eons ago.

Since you're taking your own sweet time in doing up the place, where are you staying in the meantime?

My place will be ready in 2013 but meanwhile, I'm thinking the area outside my boyfriend's parents place would be a great place to raise kids as it's a cul de sac and there are very few cars. And the way I see from the pictures you posted, seems like a safe place to let your kids cycle and roam around while you grab a chair and sit by the porch. That's life!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Indeed that's life. I am already staying here. That's why the renovation is likely to be in numerous isolated stages.

Sounds good your in law's place, can let the children to have fun and also bond with the grandparents too. I hope your home will come to beautiful fruition when 2013 comes!

Since you're taking your own sweet time in doing up the place, where are you staying in the meantime?

My place will be ready in 2013 but meanwhile, I'm thinking the area outside my boyfriend's parents place would be a great place to raise kids as it's a cul de sac and there are very few cars. And the way I see from the pictures you posted, seems like a safe place to let your kids cycle and roam around while you grab a chair and sit by the porch. That's life!

Welcome to tblog euphony :)

Yours will certainly be a unique and interesting blog to follow and I wish you all the best of luck with your endeavor. The surroundings already look so welcoming

I am curious, are there any fences around the entire estate and do they have guards patrolling ?

Sure! I try to the best of my ability.

Yea, no gates. I am quite ok with this strangely. Perhaps because I have good neighbors whom I am very thankful for. It also seems to open up the space. As for window grills to my knowledge none of the 200+ units in this precinct has installed any grills. They look very ugly like prison! The precinct is a double gated community (2 security gates, one to get into LF and another one to get into the precinct) with security patrol and house alarm installed with panic button. Which was one of the main criteria when I decided to place my deposit for a unit back then.

Thanks for the minder! I think remove the photo la.

Welcome to tblog euphony :)

Yours will certainly be a unique and interesting blog to follow and I wish you all the best of luck with your endeavor. The surroundings already look so welcoming

Thanks for the welcome, I read your tblog too!

I am curious, are there any fences around the entire estate and do they have guards patrolling ?

Yeah, there is a fence that surrounds this precinct. The whole development (size of AMK I was told) has several precincts, each has its own secured access. The whole development is then further fenced again. There are security guards on bike patrol interchanged with guard car patrols constantly inside my precinct and outside. My when I re-read what I wrote it sounds like a prison! But at least it puts my mind at ease.

PK, I not worried about replies, I think there may be people quietly following the thread so long as its informative. But yes, more pictures. I try to la, want to keep some for the before after effects. So you're thinking about having a weekend house or daily commute?

Blackcookie, I think so too, the kids around here seem to be very happy. My neighbor's little girl has a very big room to herself, can cycle around the estate carefree and has her own toy house in the garden. How long have you been in Toronto? Its a nice place to be at.

It's going to be daily commute for me as well, for I too want a safe and conducive place for my kids to run and cycle about, and a nice garden and porch to call our own.

Where is your new place blackcookie? Also in Nusajaya area?

This is one concept that I really like alot. Its is the physical embodiment of minimalism. Aesthetically elegant and yet achieving functionally minimal footprint. The emptiness I think is invigorating.

house29.jpg

house30.jpg

house31.jpg

house32.jpg

Edited by euphony

The photo of your neighborhood street looks like a scene out of desperate housewives! We don't really get this in SG, i'm looking forward to see the progress. Good Luck!

The photo of your neighborhood street looks like a scene out of desperate housewives! We don't really get this in SG, i'm looking forward to see the progress. Good Luck!

cheers and thanks for the well wishes!

in fact in Singapore can only find from Sentosa Cove. So definitely a good buy in JB.

that's true but my place is no sentosa cove stds la. its a humble little abode which I hope will give me rest out of the hustle and bustle. ah! just inspired me to write a bit more about this in near future.

This is another project I chanced upon. I really liked the minimalist color pallet as well as the wood work carpentry, elements which I will adopt. Exteriors:

house42.jpg

house43.jpg

house44.jpg