Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
euphony

Minimalism

thanks! well, my monies are earned in part on a digital platform so there is no 'boundary' to work actually. having said that i do sometimes have engagements in SG also in JB too in an otherwise semi-retired life. JD, how's your reno progress?

How nice. I wish I can work from home or just about anywhere I want! Minor issues here and there due to miscommunication but all resolved coz my ID is one responsible chap. When the dust has settled literally, I will update my blog!

Btw the tile joint lines seem pretty obvious. Is it meant to be so?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

can, use your current career to your advantage! that's good to hear. sometimes, the IDs work as if they can get away with murder... yea, I think JB homes mostly gives tiles are that like these.

How nice. I wish I can work from home or just about anywhere I want! Minor issues here and there due to miscommunication but all resolved coz my ID is one responsible chap. When the dust has settled literally, I will update my blog!

Btw the tile joint lines seem pretty obvious. Is it meant to be so?

Phew its a nice day of heading out and about in JB to look for some things to make my place more habitable. PKChair, the place you were asking is ibenz. These 2 shops I chanced upon when i was just walking about in a part of town i don't usually go to and they were quite a surprising find. Very design centric with lots of beautiful pieces and fair prices vs molecule and the likes.

house226.jpg

house227.jpg

Managed to find a bin. As you can see below I started out 'kiaping' plastic bags to the kitchen cabinet door handle as my 'bin'. This was quite unsightly, but I have never found a bin I quite liked, either the color was off or the design sucked or the built quality was filmsy. I rather do without one until I find something I really liked. And I found it. At first it looked very busy will all the flower motif. But to my absolute delight, those are made like car decals and can be peeled off easy. So the last pic is the final form. I have kept those flower decals, anyone who wants it please let me know. I can give it to you FOC. Would like to play the role of the environmentalist here. And perhaps add a bit of color to your pad.

house228.jpg

house229.jpg

house230.jpg

Phew its a nice day of heading out and about in JB to look for some things to make my place more habitable. PKChair, the place you were asking is ibenz. These 2 shops I chanced upon when i was just walking about in a part of town i don't usually go to and they were quite a surprising find.

euphony, care to share address & location of these 2 shops? Thanks in advance.

Do agree that JB people lay tile quite different from here. They tend to give quite a big gap joint line. My ID stay in JB he ask his worker who working in Singapore ( they are Malaysian too) go over his jb house lay tiles. Jb worker wrk quite different in the method of laying tiles.

euphony, care to share address & location of these 2 shops? Thanks in advance.

these are both in the area of shops outside sutera mall. did not have the card so no address, apologies. have a good stroll around when you are next there should be an interesting few hours.

Do agree that JB people lay tile quite different from here. They tend to give quite a big gap joint line. My ID stay in JB he ask his worker who working in Singapore ( they are Malaysian too) go over his jb house lay tiles. Jb worker wrk quite different in the method of laying tiles.

i wonder why?

Finally had some time to go around the precinct for a walk and to snap some pictures. It was an enjoyable one. These next few days will be putting the photos up. The first set is the clubhouse and the infinity pool as well as the surrounding semi-D and bungalows circumferencing the small river that traverses through the development into the straits of Johor.

house231.jpg

house232.jpg

house236.jpg

house233.jpg

Finally had some time to go around the precinct for a walk and to snap some pictures. It was an enjoyable one. These next few days will be putting the photos up. The first set is the clubhouse and the infinity pool as well as the surrounding semi-D and bungalows circumferencing the small river that traverses through the development into the straits of Johor.

house231.jpg

house232.jpg

house236.jpg

house233.jpg

Oh my! Are you staying in a resort? haha

Oh my! Are you staying in a resort? haha

i am fortunate the place does very much feel like a resort! makes me forget about city life at times.

the following set is the flora

house235.jpg

house234.jpg

house237.jpg

Edited by euphony

And fauna of the precinct. haha apparently, the gardener takes care of the ducks too. They don't seem to move away much from that ground.

house238.jpg

house239.jpg

house240.jpg

Edited by euphony

This is the beginning of the last day of 2011. Personally, I can't wait for the day and hence the year to pass because there were quite a number of major setbacks and I really want to put it behind me. Nevertheless, the house is the one good thing that happened in 2011. My hope is for a better 2012. Thanks to you all (including the occasional reader) for following. I hope to continue blogging about the journey in the new year to come. More importantly, i wish you well for your own journey, house reno or not in 2012. Here's a toast. :yamseng:

This is the 2nd guard house and the perimeter fencing.

house244.jpg

house243.jpg

house245.jpg

Edited by euphony

I have sorted out all the photos and have decided to post it all up tonight. Later today, am joining a couple of friends at Peninsular for countdown and fireworks so will likely not be around. Are you celebrating your new year and what are you doing? or will you let it pass quietly as you consolidate your life for the new year? as a minimalist i would prefer the latter though there is obligation to be with friends.

as a minimalist we tend to evaluate every object for their utility and their value. I can't help but also wonder about editing down my 'friends'. Who are our real friends? In a time when everyone is racing to add as many friends as they can on facebook like its a badge of honor, i've decided to quit facebook together with hundreds of 'friends' and start afresh on google+ only adding or letting those who have similar ideologies literally join my circle. I figure a few close friends is better than hundreds of acquaintances.

the following are the roads inside the precinct as well as the canals and park spaces.

house241.jpg

house242.jpg

house246.jpg

house247.jpg

house248.jpg

Edited by euphony

I dunno why the sudden urge to write so much perhaps it is the atmosphere in the air where everyone is rushing to set their new year resolutions? My take on it? This I learnt from Steve Jobs the maestro of minimalism: live tomorrow as if its your last.

Throw the resolutions out the window and all the unnecessary stuff. The really important things, go get it done (a reminder to myself too). Apologies if it sounds a bit preachy haha.

Right the last few pictures before 2012 arrives.

house249.jpg

house250.jpg

house251.jpg

house252.jpg

these are both in the area of shops outside sutera mall. did not have the card so no address, apologies. have a good stroll around when you are next there should be an interesting few hours.

Thanks euphony, will spend time checking it out.

Very nice pics of LF -- gotta visit one day. Was on the verge of booking a weekend stay but the resort folks told me it's fully booked till Feb.

Whatever you do, live life to the fullest, and here's wishing you a prosperous & happy new year (pardon the cliche).

Thanks euphony, will spend time checking it out.

Very nice pics of LF -- gotta visit one day. Was on the verge of booking a weekend stay but the resort folks told me it's fully booked till Feb.

Whatever you do, live life to the fullest, and here's wishing you a prosperous & happy new year (pardon the cliche).

:yamseng: