Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
milkyway80

Sofa From Boconcept

I agree that their furniture are pricey, but one factor behind the cost is the team of designers behind BoConcept that churn out original products. Essentially, you're paying (at least in part) for originality as opposed to cheaper furniture, which more often than not does not require significant R&D as they copy designs. Operating swanky showrooms also adds to the cost - all of which combine to give you a designer (though made in China) furniture.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thinking to buy sofa either from BoConcept or AIR.

In terms of design and price both are quite similar, so anyone can comment which one got better quality?

Thinking to buy sofa either from BoConcept or AIR.

In terms of design and price both are quite similar, so anyone can comment which one got better quality?

Actually, BoConcept has a wider range of designs that have a slight Scandinavian aesthetic, while the whole range of products sold by Air Division is either experimental modern or rustic (Plank Living). However, as mentioned above, BoConcept products are made in China. As for AIR, I believe that they are made in the region (i.e. Malaysia or Indonesia).

I guess you could support local companies and local designers by purchasing from Air, however do try out the products from both and see the quality first hand before deciding.

Thanks,still contemplating to get either one of these sofa:

AIR NuBar - $3,1xx for 2 modules 2.8m

BoConcept Arco - $2,990 for 1 module 2.2m

Allermuir Obelisk - $3,7xx for 1 module 1.8m (have any of you try this sofa?really want to test it before deciding)

Thanks,still contemplating to get either one of these sofa:

AIR NuBar - $3,1xx for 2 modules 2.8m

BoConcept Arco - $2,990 for 1 module 2.2m

Allermuir Obelisk - $3,7xx for 1 module 1.8m (have any of you try this sofa?really want to test it before deciding)

You might also like to check out these companies:

Massimmo

Camerich - Available at FC Home

BluDot - Available at Pomelo Home

Edited by gakuseisean

finally decided Arco sofa from BoConcept.

Sofa will arrive in April. Will update again for the delivery promptness and sofa quality when it arrives

My experiences,

Im happy and satisfied with Bo Concept sofa. Got it at a dicount. The fabrics determine the final pricing.

yes it is made in china. but designed in Europe. But the made is of good quality, QC very important. I got my 4 dining chair from them. 1 of it had a slight dent when its delivered. They took back and exchange. No question asked.

Try these with some of our local furniture store....exchanging stuff may not be easy.

Some of Air stuff are also made in china. It really depends on what you choose. Foundry, Grafunkt...their stuff are Asean made...

final pricing..really need to compare and do your homework ;)

Latest update of my order from BoConcept.

Today I received a call from them confirming the delivery date.

Very disappointed with the way he called and handled the situation.

On the receipt and as agreed earlier when paying for the sofa, it is stated that the estimated delivery date will be on Saturday 21-Apr, but now he said that the slot are fully booked.

He blamed me never pick up his call earlier on and also explaining that the delivery slot already fully booked few weeks ago (even though I ordered the sofa few months ago, not a few weeks ago. And if I picked up his call earlier, still what the use because the all the slots already taken)

I don't want to exagerate the situation and now have to take leave on the weekday just to receive the sofa.

Didn't know that the service quality and delivery schedule of expensive product also can be disappointed.

Cross fingers that the sofa quality will exceed my expectation

Edited by vhardono

as promised, here's the update.

With the scheduled delivery slot between 11am-1pm, the delivery guy came at 11:15am and promptly assamble the sofa.

Within 15 minutes it's done and here's the result:

IMG_0526.jpg

Quality wise on first inspection is impeccable, hopefully the shape will retain in the long run

I purchased a sofa from massimono!! Will update on it promptness. Hopefully I will not néed to take a weekday off for the delivery.. Keep my finger cross!!

Overall, my experience with massimono is great!! (for the time being)

How reliable is Massimmo? I saw one sofa there cost about 2K plus..

Thumbs up starting from their great service to build quality! Expecting my 2nd purchase delivery next week.