Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bloom

Blooming

I’ve skimmed through Renotalk forum and find it to be a great avenue for bouncing off ideas, exchanging of reno tips/experience & maybe making new friends. I hope to achieve this through my t-blog. Hopefully some forumers/reno gurus would drop by :D .

This is a 3A HDB unit in Kallang/Whampoa area. I will be moving in with my pet… the one that meows.

Although I won’t get the keys until late Mar, I have begun to think about space planning. I’m tossed between industrial and rustic theme. But I’m sure I want an island kitchen.

Kicking off the t-blog is the floor plan. The recess area between the living room and the common bedroom comes with the unit.

6693194893_78e41922c5.jpg

Floor Plan bmp by bloomreno, on Flickr

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Bloom, congrats! this is indeed a very nice and neat layout for a 3rm.... Look spacious too. An open kitchen concept would certainly make ur place look bigger. How is your surrounding? Is the view unblock?

Kitchen wall can be hack away create the spacious feel

Plan at least 4-6ft island with either sink or top hang hood would be awesome

I alwiz wanted an island fr my kitchen but after measurement for my walking space at my kitchen is way too small (Bigger size ppl woul have difficulties on walking towards the island)

Island would be a great choice for gathering and quick bite :D

Waiting for your 3 design/ scatch from you

Cheers!

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some visitors here! Hello everyone! Thank you for your warm welcome & suggestions :)

@ albertchng: That's what I had in mind too. U know so much about cement screed! Wow..

@ potatoes & Confidential: This is a "premium" unit - low floor, along corridor, face another block/playground.

@ Terencetcw: I had a go at floorplanner.com. No good. It doesn't do my bidding. I shall give it 1 more try :)

Visited "Luxury Living 2012" at Expo Hall 6 last weekend. I had wanted to hear what the IDs would propose. Instead, I was the one proposing. Is that how it's supposed to be? Well, let's see how it goes..

I'm pleasantly surprised to see some visitors here! Hello everyone! Thank you for your warm welcome & suggestions :)

@ albertchng: That's what I had in mind too. U know so much about cement screed! Wow..

@ potatoes & Confidential: This is a "premium" unit - low floor, along corridor, face another block/playground.

@ Terencetcw: I had a go at floorplanner.com. No good. It doesn't do my bidding. I shall give it 1 more try :)

Visited "Luxury Living 2012" at Expo Hall 6 last weekend. I had wanted to hear what the IDs would propose. Instead, I was the one proposing. Is that how it's supposed to be? Well, let's see how it goes..

those ID you speak to are "trainees". the expo is their breeding ground...lol

Wah.. you mentioned everyone's name except mine even though i am first to welcome you to Renotalk. :disturb:

I also went to those at expo and they are totally inexperienced. Its better if you get contractors/IDs recommended by friends or those that have done theirs here.

you can go and see my tblog and see my kitchen island.

@ May dream1: I'm so sorry! How in the world did I miss you?! Your t-Blog is very rich :) .

In the last 7 weeks, I have been screening suppliers for the usual reno/furnishing stuff - I shall share my draft list in a later post. I have decided to engage a contractor to do the reno instead of an ID since the ones I spoke to hadn’t added value. After umpteen revisions, I think I have arrived at something feasible. I will show this to the contractor tomorrow.

120330RPlan_1.jpg

@ May dream1: I'm so sorry! How in the world did I miss you?! Your t-Blog is very rich :) .

In the last 7 weeks, I have been screening suppliers for the usual reno/furnishing stuff - I shall share my draft list in a later post. I have decided to engage a contractor to do the reno instead of an ID since the ones I spoke to hadn’t added value. After umpteen revisions, I think I have arrived at something feasible. I will show this to the contractor tomorrow.

120330RPlan_1.jpg

very nice! you got the foyer space and hdb allowed you to move your main door to the foyer area? Then you gain extra sqf.

HHmmm.... but don't you think its a waste to have 2 sofa? do you entertain a lot? if you do, just buy a bigger dining table?

@ May dream1: At least 2 other units in the same stack have walled up the foyer. The idea to have 2 “sofas” came about because I want to fully utilise the available space and yet have a spacious feel. The TV area is small but good enough for “personal” viewing. I do not think my guests visit me to watch TV. While they could, the 2nd “sofa” area, dinning and kitchen island form a guest hosting zone individually and collectively at the same time.

Chanced upon a TV series “Superior Interiors with Kelly Hoppen”. Kelly Hoppen's style is simple yet tasteful, minimalist yet opulent. Her philosophy,“…When I design a room, I really want to reflect the personality of the people living in it. Good taste is a room you feel comfortable in… Good design can be achieved with a very small budget… When you get it right, it can actually improve your life…”

For a non-professional like me, it's easier said than done. I am inspired, nevertheless. Renovation has started on Mon, 16th Apr.

Chanced upon a TV series “Superior Interiors with Kelly Hoppen”. Kelly Hoppen's style is simple yet tasteful, minimalist yet opulent. Her philosophy,“…When I design a room, I really want to reflect the personality of the people living in it. Good taste is a room you feel comfortable in… Good design can be achieved with a very small budget… When you get it right, it can actually improve your life…”

For a non-professional like me, it's easier said than done. I am inspired, nevertheless. Renovation has started on Mon, 16th Apr.

Your home is your hiding place.... it have to reflect your personality. Don't worry about what other people comment on but do what you really feel like doing. After all, you are paying lots of money for it.

Congrats in starting reno... must show pictures, ok?

I love your idea of utilising the corridor space for dressing room. You have planned it very well. Hope you have a smooth reno journey! Would love to see some pics too!