Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheshirecat

Cov In Telok Blangah

Hi,

I just had a look at one of the houses here in Telok Blangah Drive. The details are as follows:

1. Age of building > 30 years

2. Mid floor

3. Decent view from front, above the car park. Partially blocked. If crane your neck, can see the cable cars, some greenery etc :)

4. Minutes to Telok Blangah MRT

5. Good renovation done. No need for me to change anything much. No wardrobes though.

6. Renovation done less than a year ago. Ceramic tiles all over the apartment.

7. Kitchen done very well

8. 5S, 120 sq meters, corner unit, bright and breezy

9. Afternoon sun

Overall house is in good condition. Asking COV is 60K. I think this is to much, but based on the recent transactions this seems to be the norm (median COV for last quarter 2011 is 45K)

What do you people think?

Edited by cheshirecat

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm guessing minimal to no renovation needed? Considering that a full reno for a 5 room HDB costs like $40-50K (?), a $60K COV sounds reasonable to me. Unless you think you can find a similar apartment for $20K or lesser COV (I doubt possible at this time), else if you like the reno, might as well save the trouble and get a place that is in move-in condition.

I would be curious why the owner is moving out after such a recent reno tho.

Telok Blangah is an established estate with good amenities and is really close to town... I'm not sure how often units in those point blocks come up for sale (I heard not that frequently) so, if I like the place, I would seriously consider getting it.

I did a study before, Telok Blangah is the estate where hdb flats are the most cheapest as compared to the rest. Because of the up/down hill, one-way traffic, limited buses.....

I did a study before, Telok Blangah is the estate where hdb flats are the most cheapest as compared to the rest. Because of the up/down hill, one-way traffic, limited buses.....

Thought the cheapest should be Yishun?

Thought the cheapest should be Yishun?

Estates "take turn" to be "cheapest". No fix rule, no one-size-fit-all. Today's fallen become tmr's rising. LKY & Lim Chee Onn know this very well.

FTs now "anyhow" grasp units, PSR, TMP.....read the paper?

Estates "take turn" to be "cheapest". No fix rule, no one-size-fit-all. Today's fallen become tmr's rising. LKY & Lim Chee Onn know this very well.

FTs now "anyhow" grasp units, PSR, TMP.....read the paper?

True...

There's a few estates that are traditionally more costly like Bishan, Bukit Merah, Clementi, Kallang & Queenstown areas.

While Jurong West, Woodlands, Yishun, Bt Panjang, Choa Chu Kang areas are comparably more affordable.

The cheapest & most expensive change each time the HDB releases their quarterly report, it also differs for each flat type....

for example 3-room flats in Geylang are surprisingly cheap compared to 4-rooms flats there:

3-room median price Q4 2011 - $313,000

4-room median price Q4 2011 - $495,000

Hi,

I just had a look at one of the houses here in Telok Blangah Drive. The details are as follows:

1. Age of building > 30 years

2. Mid floor

3. Decent view from front, above the car park. Partially blocked. If crane your neck, can see the cable cars, some greenery etc :)

4. Minutes to Telok Blangah MRT

5. Good renovation done. No need for me to change anything much. No wardrobes though.

6. Renovation done less than a year ago. Ceramic tiles all over the apartment.

7. Kitchen done very well

8. 5S, 120 sq meters, corner unit, bright and breezy

9. Afternoon sun

Overall house is in good condition. Asking COV is 60K. I think this is to much, but based on the recent transactions this seems to be the norm (median COV for last quarter 2011 is 45K)

What do you people think?

Too expensive.

60k can get tiong bahru HDB flat