Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Hey Hoo,

Check this out http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16897884599&

Replica Zano, or maybe Zano get from there. Heard Zano having sales to clear stocks, maybe bringing in the 2nd generation ones. Washable, kind of plastic material...

Thanks for sharing, the review of the seller not so good leh, meanwhile would like to share this also http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10286687711. p/s: never heard about Zano and donno where is it, must be expensive shop..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

7242128440_53ac72426b.jpg

7242077598_7ef266d1d0.jpg

on the coffee table is another aluminium clock that got from Taobao, very cheap also think less than RMB30, intend to use both clock interchangeably

I like your living room, very cozy!!!

After work, feel like just stay at home and don't want to go out.

I like your living room, very cozy!!!

After work, feel like just stay at home and don't want to go out.

Thanks, I like my toilets more.. The living is a bit too warm, so am buying 2 new 7W LED track light to brighten up the hall. I think I will save a lot of movie tickets on weekend :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks, I like my toilets more.. The living is a bit too warm, so am buying 2 new 7W LED track light to brighten up the hall. I think I will save a lot of movie tickets on weekend :sport-smiley-004:

where you get your track lights? how much? my kitchen lights hor...switch on liao takes a while to light up. dont know why. ballast?

where you get your track lights? how much? my kitchen lights hor...switch on liao takes a while to light up. dont know why. ballast?

maybe starter, maybe ballast... you can try change the starter 1st to see thing gets better or not.

light that uses ballast waste extra 8W of electricity when switch ON.

maybe starter, maybe ballast... you can try change the starter 1st to see thing gets better or not.

light that uses ballast waste extra 8W of electricity when switch ON.

the lights are new (2 months old). I climb up check.

wrt ballast. my contractor actually told me to get downlights with ballast. forgot what he said about it. we checked and was told NO nEED for ballast! so we didnt get downlights with ballast.

It has been one and a half month since we took over the house, well initially we do not have much money for renovation, I recalled that I was telling my wife about 15k for renovation except the laminate floor. So bit by bit, we realised that we have paid for 26k just for renovating the house. Every month received pay, the first thing is to transfer to the joint account. Now, zero CPF, no cash and lots of credit card debts; maybe we should rent out a room or two to cover the monthly credit card instalments :notti: .

With the tiny amount of about 26k, this is what we did:

- Complete redo of both toilets, hacking wall and floor, new s/steel coated piping, install new bi-fold door and shower screen, new basin and W/C, mosaic tiles and sanitary cabinet at MBR bathroom > about 8.5K

- Hack kitchen and service yard floors, replace new tiles, plastering the kitchen wall, install acrylic sliding door, new L-shape kitchen cabinet with accessories, about 13ft India granite top, colour glass backing > about 7.5K

- Hack altar cabinet, erect new partition wall for study room, repair affected cornice, new solid door for study room, partition extension at the kitchen entrance > about 2K

- Misc. like the frame for TV wall, chemical wash, haulage fee > about 1K

- Painting of whole house (except certain walls in living room), electrical works for changing switches and sockets and installing new lights and lighting points > about 2.5K

- Laminates floor for living, dining and all rooms > about 4.5K

- Wallpapering > Free

I think it worth every single cents we spent on the house, to covert it from :jawdrop::jawdrop: to something liveable. Having faith in our religious have turned our small money into something really big, so I challenge all of you to “just do it” without fears as your God shall lead you to complete the journey.

:yamseng:

Edited by Hoo8899

Taobao lo, as usual price is about RMB50 each, I already have a track in the living room, so just put it up myself will do. What kind of kitchen light you are using, I think it is common for florecense light to blink before light up.

Wow.. big big big difference on the before & after. Worth the monies as you will enjoy after a hard day work and also weekend.

Having a nice home will reduce going out & spending $$$ ; p

Nice nice.. ; )

Wow.. big big big difference on the before & after. Worth the monies as you will enjoy after a hard day work and also weekend.

Nice nice.. ; )

Thanks, obviously my "living standard" and the ex-owner's "living standard" is different....

Nice nice.. ; )

staying at home might not spend less leh.... cook at home might be more ex than eat out.

The curtain? I am thinking to buy another one like this

T1..NKXcdqXXc8m5A9_074018.jpg_310x310.jpg

yup, the crystal curtains lah... i like! hehehehe... and i like this too.