Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Luckily you didn't go for black/white theme. Difficult to continue this theme if you find nice colorful furniture, but yet cannot buy. You made the right choice by choosing bright, glossy, and blinking theme. Makes the house more warm, comfortable, romantic, and classy at same time. I like :thumbs up:but my hubby don't like colorful theme (guys' taste lousy)

Why this one <but my hubby don't like colorful theme (guys' taste lousy)> extra small hur? I am a guy also ler.... Franckly I think the house is not bright enough, got to buy somemore spotlights to place **** area. And also the 懒人沙发 because the sofa we have is rather small. Thanks for your encourage statement :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow! Your house looks very cozy and warm now! What happen to that wall with a piece of paper with black squares? Is that where you plan to place your photo frames?

Ya, the red and black picture frames will be up this saturday, I choose the way to split the frames into 2 walls rather than placing everything on 1.

Did the agent calculate the weight and shipping cost for you before you make the purchase? How do you know there is 0.5 cubic meter left? :P

When I asked the agent, they always tell me we won't know how much is the shipping cost until we receive your items.

In fact 0.5CBM is a lot already, that is 50cm x 50cm x 200cm :dribble: What I did is that I will check with the seller about the weight (if I am going for air shipment) or the volumetric size (if by sea) and roughly made my own calculation. When these items arrived at the warehouse, I will ask agent to update the weight/volumetric and then I will know how much space I left and how many more items I can buy. Ofcoz before placing order, you should already have an idea of the weight/size in your mind..

Edited by Hoo8899

i dont mean your house or carpet. i meant the example of designed flat you shown earlier with all red and white, even living, kitchen, toilet etc. too much for my eyes.

having dash of red carpet and orange laminate brightens up the place. :thumbs up:

In fact I saw from PropertyGuru also with the same theme, red and white kitchen, red and white living, r&w bedrooms etc etc... It looks nice at first, but may turn out to be boring later, what Aya said is quite true, it is very hard to stick to limited colour theme. I still have a wine rack, dare not to put up on wall because it is white in colour and not matching to the wall and table :jawdrop:

What is missing is bright green/red color for the dining area.

Hmm.. I have told you not to use too chim word, but this time round I can roughly guess what you mean, anyway I don't drive, but I walk :dancingqueen:

In fact I saw from PropertyGuru also with the same theme, red and white kitchen, red and white living, r&w bedrooms etc etc... It looks nice at first, but may turn out to be boring later, what Aya said is quite true, it is very hard to stick to limited colour theme. I still have a wine rack, dare not to put up on wall because it is white in colour and not matching to the wall and table :jawdrop:

after a while, no one will really stick to the theme lah.... unless you plan to sell your place then maybe make it look nice in photos loh... hehehehehe.....

i think generally try not to have too many colours. max of 3 colours and i think white is not considered a colour. :dunno:

NeoBY, don't think it is light, actually this one is about 10kg already. Ya no joke, if you send by air at least cost you 60-80 dollars on shipping. That's why this carpet is the cause that I keep buying stuff to fill up 0.5CBM.

heee....singapore selling at least 200 for this carpet? btw, how do you know if u have filled up 0.5cubic m?

Edited by NeoBY

after a while, no one will really stick to the theme lah.... unless you plan to sell your place then maybe make it look nice in photos loh... hehehehehe.....

i think generally try not to have too many colours. max of 3 colours and i think white is not considered a colour. :dunno:

Haha, I think 3 colours not possible la, if you really count on the furniture, Tv, accessories... all these add up definitely more than 3 colours already. But if majority, I do agree with you, for my living and dining areas, majority are warm yellow and white with dark flooring, spice up with some little red and orange.

heee....singapore selling at least 200 for this carpet? btw, how do you know if u have filled up 0.5cubic m?

NeoBY, don't mind I quote below hor

In fact 0.5CBM is a lot already, that is 50cm x 50cm x 200cm :dribble: What I did is that I will check with the seller about the weight (if I am going for air shipment) or the volumetric size (if by sea) and roughly made my own calculation. When these items arrived at the warehouse, I will ask agent to update the weight/volumetric and then I will know how much space I left and how many more items I can buy. Ofcoz before placing order, you should already have an idea of the weight/size in your mind..

Edited by Hoo8899

The carpet: volume 1.72 x 0.23 x 0.19 / weight 11.72 kg

So the rolled-up volume is about 75k, and you still need to fill up another 425k to make the shipping charges worth. :sport-smiley-004:

:dribble: spreading the virus already :dribble:

Hmm.. I have told you not to use too chim word, but this time round I can roughly guess what you mean, anyway I don't drive, but I walk :dancingqueen:

No, I'm serious. Your living room has orange and green stool, and red carpet, but your dining area don't have. Dining area looks more like black/white theme, so it will be nicer if you add some bright colors to make the dining area lively.

No, I'm serious. Your living room has orange and green stool, and red carpet, but your dining area don't have. Dining area looks more like black/white theme, so it will be nicer if you add some bright colors to make the dining area lively.

Wah I didn't realise that your eyes are so sharp. The orange and green stools serve as table for our first dinner der la :( . They are not suppose to be in the living room just that too lazy to clean up before taking photo.

The carpet: volume 1.72 x 0.23 x 0.19 / weight 11.72 kg

So the rolled-up volume is about 75k, and you still need to fill up another 425k to make the shipping charges worth. :sport-smiley-004:

:dribble: spreading the virus already :dribble:

How did you get the rolled up vol? In the website?