Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Ya, the agent will upload the volumetric of the item, if not you can ask them to calculate for you and you will see when you login.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ya, the agent will upload the volumetric of the item, if not you can ask them to calculate for you and you will see when you login.

Ok, will do. Thanks!

WARNING to those who intends to use HOYOYO,

they don't ship battery items, so anything with rechargeable battery cannot go thru them. I have my antique clock left over at the warehouse, now they are helping to trace the item, hopefully can find. Anyway, I would still recommend Hoyoyo, just that have to be careful when placing orders..

A very tired weekend, here are some updates without pictures

Saturday

1. moving house on morning till noon, realised that our stuff are not like last time anymore, thanks to my wife who buys but never throw

2. afternoon, wife cleaning the windows, me changing the door locks, putting up the crystal curtain, drilling holes. Realised that the whole beam are metal, drilled a lot of holes here and there still can't get the depth i want, at last decided to buy glue

3. evening, went shoping at Giant, walk there, coming back with taxi, loaded with over 10kg of things, all the 米油酱醋

4. night, put on the glue, put on the screw, and put on the curtain, nicely done!

Sunday

1. forced to go church as usual, this time round early in the mornning somemore

2. meet uncle painting at 11.30 at new house for touching up, then I starts putting up the picture frame, wife don't know what she did, always went missing

3. after lunch, driling for roller blinds (neighbours so good, drill on Sunday no complaint, tonight go there drill somemore :dribble: ), realised that I got problem with the beam again, so no choice, put maxbond also.

Edited by Hoo8899

Saturday

1. moving house on morning till noon, realised that our stuff are not like last time anymore, thanks to my wife who buys but never throw

2. afternoon, wife cleaning the windows, me changing the door locks, putting up the crystal curtain, drilling holes. Realised that the whole beam are metal, drilled a lot of holes here and there still can't get the depth i want, at last decided to buy glue

3. evening, went shoping at Giant, walk there, coming back with taxi, loaded with over 10kg of things, all the 米油酱醋

4. night, put on the glue, put on the screw, and put on the curtain, nicely done!

Sunday

2. meet uncle at 11.30 painting at new house, then I starts putting up the picture frame, wife don't know what she did, always went missing

3. after lunch, driling for roller blinds (neighbours so good, drill on Sunday no complaint, tonight go there drill somemore :dribble: ), realised that I got problem with the beam again, so no choice, put maxbond also.

Hoo, what type of drill are you using? Should use hammer drill...

Yes, Hitachi hammer drill borrowed from colleague. I am sure I hit metal, because when I drill on the beam at the other bedroom, can go in swee swee for 3-4cm

Renovation is indeed a good learning process for both my wife and myself, meeting the good guys and the bad guys, ofcoz we count ourselve to be fortunate enough to meet some good guys during the journey, so here are the nominated good guys.

1st person in my mind, the Supreme guy by the name of Kenny. Young chap, responsible and keep promise, these are the main characteristic of him. On the first day of hacking, we met him for taking site measurement, he accidentally touch the yellow colour water on the floor, yet upon finish, he still shack hand with me with a smile. Even he wasn't there during the installation date, but he never failed to answer my call when there are hiccups on the skirting. I have negotiated a lot with him, at last I think I got a very good deal :good:

Next, the painting uncle Peter. Another person that keeps promise. In fact we find that he is a bit slow, but what we understand is that the previous owner burned lots of incense in house, that's why the yellow stain keep showing up after two layer of sealer. Uncle also kind of complaint to me that he has to bought more sealer to cover the incense marks. Overall, suppose to be 2+1 (2 full days plus 1 touch-up) but take him 3+1. Jobs done quite ok for me, but some areas were not painted properly. In fact we have settled his fee right after the 3rd day even the main door has not been painted anything at all, but he kept his promise by showing himself yesterday, from his sincerity, we gave him a $50 extra as a token for his 3-days hard job. Price wise, definitely is one of the cheapest you can get in town.

I am obviously promoting business for them, but I don't earn a cent by doing so, for me, good guys deserved to be shared :thumbs up: , let me know if you need contacts.

(p/s: the main actor, uncle reno, talked about him later, much later ok?)

Edited by Hoo8899

Saturday

Sunday

2. meet uncle painting at 11.30 at new house for touching up, then I starts putting up the picture frame, wife don't know what she did, always went missing

Photos photos! :dancingqueen:

i had a gd experience with the supreme guys too. their worksmanship is quite good. one of those that wasnt called back for touch ups. lol

I just talked to the Hoyoyo agent, seems like unless i have lots of items to ship, otherwise air shipping is a cheaper alternative. Cos I want to buy a small table fan which is only 35cm x 30cm x 20cm. If ship by sea, they need a minimum of 0.5cbm, and they won't let us know the size of each item unless we pay them CNY 5 per item for them to measure and let us know how much space left for the 0.5cbm. :unsure:

Then sometimes talk to the taobao seller, they just don't want to tell you what is the size of the packaging. Really need lots of patience!

I just talked to the Hoyoyo agent, seems like unless i have lots of items to ship, otherwise air shipping is a cheaper alternative. Cos I want to buy a small table fan which is only 35cm x 30cm x 20cm. If ship by sea, they need a minimum of 0.5cbm, and they won't let us know the size of each item unless we pay them CNY 5 per item for them to measure and let us know how much space left for the 0.5cbm. :unsure:

Then sometimes talk to the taobao seller, they just don't want to tell you what is the size of the packaging. Really need lots of patience!

If you just wanna buy few things, then no point to go for Hoyoyo's sea shipment, but can consider below:

Hoyoyo's air @ CNY45/1st KG, CNY28/subsequent KG

65Daigou's air @ SGD7/500g, SGD3/500g

For 65Daigou, they will still charge you 8% handling fee plus home delivery charges, whereas hoyoyo earns on exchange and the delivery charges you paid is till your doorstep.

If you just wanna buy few things, then no point to go for Hoyoyo's sea shipment, but can consider below:

For 65Daigou, they will still charge you 8% handling fee plus home delivery charges, whereas hoyoyo earns on exchange and the delivery charges you paid is till your doorstep.

Also try http://www.6spree.com.sg/. i have not used the guy before but he seems responsive on msn.

The air one is a bit expensive.. I used this EAexpress last time when I bought my wedding gown from Shanghai. $2.50 for the 1st 500g.

Now i just realised they also have sea shipping which is also cheap, 1cbm 580RMB. Door-to-door service but have to pay your own GST.

The air one is a bit expensive.. I used this EAexpress last time when I bought my wedding gown from Shanghai. $2.50 for the 1st 500g.

Now i just realised they also have sea shipping which is also cheap, 1cbm 580RMB. Door-to-door service but have to pay your own GST.

but you need someone to pay the items for you leh?