Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahlipz

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

Your wife was right. Should not removed the skirting provided by HDB. In first place, your ID should not charge you for skirting too. It should come in a package, when you are doing laminates for floor or tiles for floor, skirting should be done together. I don't know why he does that, maybe can earn extra money from you. If you say he is charging additional cost for removing skirting, then yes, I agree that is a mandatory cost to be incurred.

My floor tile is white but surrounding wooden skirting. With the light brown wooden grain laminates to be overlaid at my living room an kitchen, ID don't like the colour contrast with HDB original skirting(I think) This is much shorter in length as well as thinner than the floor laminates so another additional cost.

Rushing from work to see update for Day 3. Contractor asking if we are taking up gas, storage or instant heater. I prefer gas heater but the piping will be quite unsightly. Gas heater will be installed at the service bay and need to drill hole to the common toilet and pipes need to go one BIG round to my shower area. Sigh!

Tiling for toilet is in progress... My lovely subway tiles :dribble:

Edited by ahlipz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My floor tile is white but sureounding wooden skirting. With the light brown wooden grain laminates to be overlaid at my living room an kitchen, ID don't like the colour contrast with HDB original skirting(I think) This is much shorter in length as well as thinner than the floor laminates so another additional cost.

Rushing back to see update for Day 3. Contractor asking if we are taking up gas, storage or instant heater. I prefer gas heater but the piping will be quite unsightly. Gas heater will be installed at the service bay and need to drill hole to the common toilet and pipes need to go one BIG round to my shower area. Sigh!

Tiling for toilet is in progress... My lovely subway tiles

Rushing back after work to do inspection. Lol

I'm also using subway tiles for both of my toilets! Hope to see the effect of your wall tiles. What floor tiles are you using to match with the subway tiles?

Hi jer76, you heard the drilling work or the view looks very familiar?

By the way, my adjacent unit is also doing hacking too.

Have you shifted in? :yamseng:

i hear drilling and the view is the similar, i mean i am on 16 flr, ur unit just below mine? =)

Edited by jer76

Day 3

By the time I reached, the workers already left for the day.

Contractor informed that we are doing the toilet tiling.

Cement screed for the toilet walls

p1030813i.jpg

One side of the toilet tiles is up.

Difficult to see it with flash.

p1030824q.jpg

Most of the "ingredient" needed for the renovation

p1030845h.jpg

Skirting has been dismantled

p1030844s.jpg

My subway tiles having a dip in water

p1030843f.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

I'm also using subway tiles for both of my toilets! Hope to see the effect of your wall tiles. What floor tiles are you using to match with the subway tiles?

Now that you have mentioned, ID did not say anything... So I am assuming using back HDB floor tiles.

Unless there is something wrong with it, will stick to the default flooring

Day 4

My hard worker tiler, Ah Di is still labouring away to fix up the subway tiles. Chit chat with him and was telling me that the subway tiles are much smaller and more time consuming to fix them up. The bigger subway size tiles are more popular. Probably faster and easier to fix up. He is doing up the common toilet and will take 4-5 days to settle the 2 toilets tiling.

Sneak peek of the dirty subway tiles (Still in process)

p1030849r.jpg

Industrial tiles vs Subway tiles

p1030848r.jpg

Half completed wall, to be continued tomorrow

p1030854j.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

Mine will be the whole living room about 5-6m long.

It will be done by plastering, cheaper way of creating the brick effect

Hi ahlipz,

I'm thinking to do the brick wall effect by plastering to save cost as well. But I'm planning to engage a contractor instead of ID. Not sure if the contractor could achieve the effect. Do share with us the photos of your brick wall after done up :rolleyes:

Hi ahlipz,

I'm thinking to do the brick wall effect by plastering to save cost as well. But I'm planning to engage a contractor instead of ID. Not sure if the contractor could achieve the effect. Do share with us the photos of your brick wall after done up :rolleyes:

I have no idea how this plastering will look like but ID was saying that it is a much cheaper option . Got to tr=ust him on this. I will upload a pic once it is ready.

Day 5

Too busy to drop by to see the progress and asked contractor to snap a few pictures.

Common toilet progress looked good.

ff8e2577e10fffb1abfb0ff.jpg