Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Not sure if there is anyone waiting to buy Kraus sink or taps but there is a promo going on now.

$25 Amazon.com Gift Card with Select $250 Kraus Purchase

If I'm not wrong, they will give you a $25 gift card to use at your next purchase. Not discount $25 from the order.

Quite a lot of sink are in the promo. :dribble::dribble:

Too bad for those who just bought your sink.... ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

another item from the shipment - the carpet ! kim's didn't get shipped out due to a screwup on their side... ohmy.gif again, on TB, very impt to pick sellers cos this one immediately checked and saw they didn't ship one out and immediately offered to ship kim's out with no arguments :good:

anyway, mine is a grey silk custom made 1.8x1.8m version...

p1010957ou.jpg

img20130407wa0008.jpg

closeup of the fibre - it actually is very smooth to my feet and doesn't feel hot...

img20130407wa0007.jpg

the underside of the carpet does not come with an anti-slip base, so for those with kids, better put one...

img20130407wa0010.jpg

unpacking it i had to vacuum both the underside of the carpet as well as after laying it, the surface as well...have to say the quality is pretty good for the price...

note : after laying it out, i realised that the carpet looks different from different sides so before you lay one of these down, take a walk around all 4 sides to decide which side shows the best colour...in the end, i turned the carpet 180 degrees to get the colour i wanted... blink.gif

I LIKE THIS and the size is perfect for me ! How much and where to buy from? Hunting for carpets ...

I LIKE THIS and the size is perfect for me ! How much and where to buy from? Hunting for carpets ...

The link is inside the post. Click "The carpet" and it will link u to tb site. This pc is custom made and I think it is around 300rmb ba...

The link is inside the post. Click "The carpet" and it will link u to tb site. This pc is custom made and I think it is around 300rmb ba...

all-in, about rmb500 including shipment within china...

Hi Kim76 & all :D ,

... Anyone bought curtains from taobao before? Good? :sport-smiley-018: pls advise?

I am also looking at their T5 led for the cove light (sorry, I am not an expert) and what really impress me was the huge diff. in $$ savings.... :jawdrop:

To my understanding, the tubes can actually join up to form one single stretch and I just connect the last end to the power supply to light up right? :help:

Thank you for any advises! :jammin:

Personally, hard to judge based on curtains, unless you don't mind off the rack measurements. Kim & I engaged a curtain contractor based in JB, pretty good & not high on charges.

Hi Kim76 & all :D ,

... Anyone bought curtains from taobao before? Good? :sport-smiley-018: pls advise?

I am also looking at their T5 led for the cove light (sorry, I am not an expert) and what really impress me was the huge diff. in $$ savings.... :jawdrop:

To my understanding, the tubes can actually join up to form one single stretch and I just connect the last end to the power supply to light up right? :help:

Thank you for any advises! :jammin:

I think curtain better to get it locally. The dimension is critical. Unless you are planing to get a big roll of cloth and DIY yourself... :notti:

T5 led I got no experience. I'm using the traditional T5 florescent tube. But I believe it should be doable...

My new clock from TB, to replace the previous faulty one...this one is a cheong version of the famous Swiss Railway clock... :sport-smiley-018:

img20130415wa0010.jpg

So far, it's been pretty accurate and is really quiet...must find time this weekend to hang it up... :good:

The coasters on the top right of the picture above, closeup here...they are bigger than normal and the cute pictures are cool ! :thumbs up:

20130415231038.jpg

in case someone asks, the door stopper link can be found somewhere earlier in kim's blog...

tihs is pretty much it for the time-being from TB for me...

My new clock from TB, to replace the previous faulty one...this one is a cheong version of the famous Swiss Railway clock... :sport-smiley-018:

img20130415wa0010.jpg

I think this clock will look very nice on my wall... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

I think curtain better to get it locally. The dimension is critical. Unless you are planing to get a big roll of cloth and DIY yourself... :notti:

T5 led I got no experience. I'm using the traditional T5 florescent tube. But I believe it should be doable...

Thanks ongcs & kim76, it will be a great help if you can pm me the curtain contractor from JB? Do they come to here (sg) to take the measurement and deliver? or go JB and provide them the measurements and collect after ready? Thank you :thumbs up::D

Thanks ongcs & kim76, it will be a great help if you can pm me the curtain contractor from JB? Do they come to here (sg) to take the measurement and deliver? or go JB and provide them the measurements and collect after ready? Thank you :thumbs up::D

My Cost is $3000 MYR. Yes I pay in ringgit.

His name is Mr. Ho. He will bring all the material to your place for u to select n feel. He will also measure and quote u on spot.

After that his guy will call u in 2 weeks time to arrange a timing to install. Installation is fast n workmanship is good.

His contact: 97916035.

My wife is starting to monitor my computer usage and panics when i read this thread.. coz i'll flip to TB n Amazon and go wahhh.. "dear.. u think this is good? suitable for our place?"... poisonous thread.. but interesting... kudos to all the online shopping gurus... who said that men dun shop alot, obviously didnt read this thread... lol

Seeing u guys purchasing on TB, i tried to register online but cant seems to be able to do it, i did not receive the email notification to activate my acct. Any idea what when wrong? Am thinking of getting a coffee table and and stools...

My Cost is $3000 MYR. Yes I pay in ringgit.

His name is Mr. Ho. He will bring all the material to your place for u to select n feel. He will also measure and quote u on spot.

After that his guy will call u in 2 weeks time to arrange a timing to install. Installation is fast n workmanship is good.

His contact: 97916035.

Thanks for Kim Recomended ealier, I already complete my installation and i m very statisfy with the thier product delivered, Once again Mr Ho is a very nice person and the quotation is resonable acceptted. I m newbie still dont know how to post the photo to share with you all.