Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Ya ya.... Pass to you two will be the SAFEST method around! :bleah::bleah::bleah:

We are ok hor...since when Kim & I been treating you badly? :bleah:

Ongcs:

when u buy from amazon UK, who did u get to ship out the stuff? i'm thinking of getting Numatic Henry and a clock and planning to use vpost.. but the shipping rates for abt 10kg worth of stuff is over $180!!!:jawdrop: .. this is almost the same price as my vacuum cleaner liao.. lol

So far, I used Amazon direct shipping for UK Amazon, as for Kim, he did engaged a forwarder based in SG to ship back his Aktimate Maxi from UK to SG. I had used the forwarder for some of my US stuffs. Yet to tried out UK to SG though.

Also, try Borderlinx or comgateway for UK 3rd party shipping, not sure it will reduce the shipping charges provided shipping charges are zero for UK addresses.

just wondering.. anybody using iRobot Roomba??? i'm thinking of getting one... any suggestions?

Yes, I had contacted a 3rd party importer to do a demo for us last weekend at Kim's place. Ordered 5-6 sets of iRobot Roomba 770. price pretty decent, comes with accessories which will last us prob 1 year or so. Dragonnite had received the irobotyesterday :jammin:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We are ok hor...since when Kim & I been treating you badly? :bleah:

So far, I used Amazon direct shipping for UK Amazon, as for Kim, he did engaged a forwarder based in SG to ship back his Aktimate Maxi from UK to SG. I had used the forwarder for some of my US stuffs. Yet to tried out UK to SG though.

Also, try Borderlinx or comgateway for UK 3rd party shipping, not sure it will reduce the shipping charges provided shipping charges are zero for UK addresses.

Yes, I had contacted a 3rd party importer to do a demo for us last weekend at Kim's place. Ordered 5-6 sets of iRobot Roomba 770. price pretty decent, comes with accessories which will last us prob 1 year or so. Dragonnite had received the irobotyesterday :jammin:

can PM me the price and contact for Roomba???

No...pass to me is the safest ... :notti::notti:

Oei...trying to front run us to be Bee's money manager, plse take Q no. , give you no. 3 :thumbs up:

Not safe enough, msg me your amazon account & password. I will sort it out for you. :notti: Imagine how shocked is Amazon by looking at my avatar!!

Don't ganna smoke by him. It is safe when u got a confirmation email.

But in case u still worried, give me yr account and password as well, me and ong will help u sort out and order stuff for ourselves.. haa.... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

No...pass to me is the safest ... :notti::notti:

Since the slogan is Sharing is Caring, why not you guys share your credentials with me too :notti::notti::notti::notti:

Edited by beejeebee

I think from UK, direct shipping is the cheapest - if you ship to somewhere in UK or Europe, you need to pay VAT (even if the internal shipping is free like US), then add in the shipping cost for the forwarder...

Edited by Alpc

Ongcs:

when u buy from amazon UK, who did u get to ship out the stuff? i'm thinking of getting Numatic Henry and a clock and planning to use vpost.. but the shipping rates for abt 10kg worth of stuff is over $180!!!:jawdrop: .. this is almost the same price as my vacuum cleaner liao.. lol

Hi Kelstorm,

I am using a numatic hetty at the moment,its specs are same as henry except its painted pink instead of red. it is a fantastic vacuum cleaner, suck really well and suppose to last forever. most commercial cleaners uses it and it is very common to see a very old cleaner still being use in uk all the time and it is actually make in uk. i hand carry it back from uk and i paid less than SGD200 for it. for that price i think it is worth buying but to pay for shipping at $180 and $200 for the cleaner i am not sure if its worth it anymore.

for less than $380 u can get a miele basic model in sg and it comes with sg warranty and more function than a henry.

I think from UK, direct shipping is the cheapest - if you ship to somewhere in UK or Europe, you need to pay VAT (even if the internal shipping is free like US), then add in the shipping cost for the forwarder...

Ya, direct shipping is best as the VAT in UK is 20% and if u ship out of EU u save 20% straight away, but the problem is shipping from uk tends to be more expensive than other countries. so i find its only worthwhile to buy things from uk that is very expensive and light/small so that what you save on VAT can be used to cover for shipping and sometimes it might even be cheaper than to ship it within uk. eg would be watches

Edited by kirovski

woot was recommended to me by my colleague.

iRobot... somehow i dun like the pinball screensaver fuzzy logic... will vomit blood if i see it going ard like it gone crazy...lol