Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Poisonous blog. :sport-smiley-004: Teach me how to buy from Tao Bao leh, but quality wise ok?

Agreed... Super poisonous... Even my wife also start complaining...

I buy via 65daigou.com

Poisonous blog. :sport-smiley-004: Teach me how to buy from Tao Bao leh, but quality wise ok?

From all the above sellers, good stuff as i've bought from them many times. Like I said, you need to know how to spot the bad ones. I have done countless (probably >1000 purchases) during my few years there, honestly, only 2-3 were bad transactions. :sport-smiley-018:

Of course ah, if you buy fully aware something is not the original, then don't expect the sky. Sama sama for something that's so cheap it's too good to believe - chances are, it is. :sport-smiley-004:

I forgot to include some outdoor stuff which is so pricy here...

http://the-second-step.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z0k.1000783.2.72.bIRVSX&shop_id=34052149

Good friend's friend's shop, my Leki walking sticks are from here. Genuine.

http://fxhuwai.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z0k.1000777.1000393.123.UdfeLy&shop_id=70055866

Bought my fleece sleeping bag linerfrom here, quite good. Friend got her walking sticks from here.

In general, you can find vaude etc stuff over there. Northface/Columbia are made in China, but again, many fakes exist on Taobao. Buyer beware...

Agreed... Super poisonous... Even my wife also start complaining...

I buy via 65daigou.com

you pick sea shipment ? how long does it take to arrive ah ?

my lobang must pickup at warehouse, a bit ma fan ... this one at least got pickup points scattered around SG...

I just paid S$900 for taobao purchases. Will update again once they are here. Hopefully the quality is good!

$900 :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

What did u buy? Can share?

Did u buy thru 65daigou.com too?

Edited by kim76

you pick sea shipment ? how long does it take to arrive ah ?

my lobang must pickup at warehouse, a bit ma fan ... this one at least got pickup points scattered around SG...

Nope I choose their air shipment... If remove the time taken for the seller to deliver the items to their warehouse, takes only ard 3-5 days to reach SG..

kim, i think should rename your blog to "online shopping" blog liow... :sport-smiley-004:

Haa... yaya....

A bit of data overload. Some quick questions

1) Some sign up with 65daigou.com is because of convenience right? Buying and shipping all thru 65daigou.com.

What exchange rate they charge? How is shipping charge like? Any other cost?

2) To sign up with Taobao, do we need a China bank account? Any other method? And we have to find our own shipping agent right?

3) Last question, dragonnite, I believe u got china bank acc and u got your own lobang to ship to singappore. How much cheaper do u estimate u can save compare to shopping thru 65daigou.com ? maybe estimate?

Paisei... Me newbie wanna learn. I think a lot others also eager to know. Thanks!!

:yamseng: :yamseng: :yamseng:

Haa... yaya....

A bit of data overload. Some quick questions

1) Some sign up with 65daigou.com is because of convenience right? Buying and shipping all thru 65daigou.com.

What exchange rate they charge? How is shipping charge like? Any other cost?

2) To sign up with Taobao, do we need a China bank account? Any other method? And we have to find our own shipping agent right?

3) Last question, dragonnite, I believe u got china bank acc and u got your own lobang to ship to singappore. How much cheaper do u estimate u can save compare to shopping thru 65daigou.com ? maybe estimate?

Paisei... Me newbie wanna learn. I think a lot others also eager to know. Thanks!!

:yamseng: :yamseng: :yamseng:

1) According to their faq, it's 4.9rmb to 1sgd...total cost is like this, i believe:

seller cost + cn shipment cost (if not free) + 65daigou agent fee (8% of value) + shipping (dependent on method)

they hv a calculator online which should be quite accurate, goes by value and weight

2) as far as i know now, no need cos taobao now accepts visa. as long as you can ship to a location in china (e.g. 65daigou), you should be fine. most sellers do not ship overseas except via EMS (which is very expensive, like DHL), and even to HK, there is a surcharge (ship in china is typically rmb10 or less, ship to hk is rmb30 and more)

3) if i use my lobang, the good thing is that i save on the exchange rate (cos i use my china bank account) and agent fees (zero). however, it means i have to pick up at the warehouse here, it's about $50/10kg or thereabouts etc, i.e. restrictions.

using 65daigou, u can aggregate your various purchases together (and i believe they can repack for you) and they verify and check the item for you, which is very important. my lobang doesn't include the checking bit. i like the fact that there are various pickup points around singapore for 65daigou and mrt pickup - more convenient.

if i'm juz buying the stool, it would be a bit pricier using 65daigou but not by much (sgd10 ?).

1) According to their faq, it's 4.9rmb to 1sgd...total cost is like this, i believe:

seller cost + cn shipment cost (if not free) + 65daigou agent fee (8% of value) + shipping (dependent on method)

they hv a calculator online which should be quite accurate, goes by value and weight

2) as far as i know now, no need cos taobao now accepts visa. as long as you can ship to a location in china (e.g. 65daigou), you should be fine. most sellers do not ship overseas except via EMS (which is very expensive, like DHL), and even to HK, there is a surcharge (ship in china is typically rmb10 or less, ship to hk is rmb30 and more)

3) if i use my lobang, the good thing is that i save on the exchange rate (cos i use my china bank account) and agent fees (zero). however, it means i have to pick up at the warehouse here, it's about $50/10kg or thereabouts etc, i.e. restrictions.

using 65daigou, u can aggregate your various purchases together (and i believe they can repack for you) and they verify and check the item for you, which is very important. my lobang doesn't include the checking bit. i like the fact that there are various pickup points around singapore for 65daigou and mrt pickup - more convenient.

if i'm juz buying the stool, it would be a bit pricier using 65daigou but not by much (sgd10 ?).

Thank you for the detail explanations. Really appreciate it. :bow: :bow:

For 65daiou, the exchange rate still ok. 8% agent fee is just like HSG. Shipping cost is cheaper than from US to here.

Last question, dragonnite, are u buying the stool? :notti: :notti: :notti:

I think got 2 other interested party including me... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Timex is not cheap in taobao.

I got the below watch for US$38 ($48) exclude shipping

Timex - Expedition Military Field Watch

41fwecZfV7L._AA300_.jpg

Taobao is selling the exact watch for $405rmb ($81) exclude shipping :bleah:

天美时 正品 代购 男款 时尚手表 Timex T49878 Expedition

I had this beauty in my watch list. US$100

Timex Mens Expedition Dive Watch T49800

41b18aa8166c579b4ac666706e56d5bc.jpg

Taobao selling for $950rmb

Timex\天美时 Expedition Dive T49800 户外 美国正品代购 特价

So Timex is cheaper in Amazon. But I thought it is made in China? :dunno: :dunno:

$900 :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

What did u buy? Can share?

Did u buy thru 65daigou.com too?

Lol...i bought alot of stuff. Wil post the photos once they arrived.

I bought the items thru a freight company. Hopefully everything go smoothly...