Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Valerie.

Can i ask what brand of soft closing mechanism you are using for kitchen cabinet n drawers?

I have agreed to use Alan's house brand one and now, it is not as smooth as IKEA soft closing at all.

worse, only one cabinet door seems to close softly properly.

the rest are closing softly only when we swing open fully then push to close,

if not open fully and close immediately, it SLAMs hard!

do you have this problem or you requested to use BLUM?

hope to get your advice soon..

alan said "it works like that one"...

cry..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Valerie.

Can i ask what brand of soft closing mechanism you are using for kitchen cabinet n drawers?

I have agreed to use Alan's house brand one and now, it is not as smooth as IKEA soft closing at all.

cry..

most people uses excel. Andrew uses that when owners never specify the brand. for me, i use blum only cos i cos i don't like excel. tried that at andrew's office and its like what you said.

Best use...

Lift-up System - Blum

Hinges - Blum / Hettich

Standard Drawer - Hettich / Blum

Inner Drawer - Blum

Cutlery Trays - Blum

My hinges are all Hettich Sensys, it is so powerful until i have to remove some of the hydraulic in the hinges to make it less powerful. :jawdrop:

Edited by taichipanda

Hi, you stated that youur washing machine is not too good? Vibration alot? Noisy? Care to share the model that you have?

Hi, it is Samsung 8692 - the most popular model. Top seller in courts, haha seems like many people buy it because it is cheap.

Well, I think it is not as good as other brands as it is noisy when it spins. But it does the cleaning job well. If you mind the noise, don't buy.

hi valerie,

seems easy enough.....but i think this process would generate a lot of saw dust when you prep the wood before sealing it

http://www.ehow.com/how_8507638_treat-untreated-wood.html

Thanks for the website. Will take a look.

It is a tedious process; not advisable to diy.

How tedious it is? Can tell me more details? As i'm really interested to get the wooden crate.

Hi Valerie.

cry..

Hi piknik, I agree. The soft closings are like that. It only works when I open the door at certain angle and push it. I tried this at other ID showrooms and it's the same. To me, those hinges from ID or contractors are just for people who wants to have soft closing but can't afford to pay for branded hinges. I have never tried those soft closing hinges at IKEA, are they really good?

Edited by ValerieLow

IKEA ones r really good... have been there slamming doors n drawers yesterday. then went back to my flat to compare n realize: only one cabinet door is good enough as compared to IKEA one. i have asked Alan to at least fix it so the quality of all cabinet doors is the same. cannot be one pair of soft closing hinge from him works better than t he rest right?

thanks for answering me.

Simple Move In

It has been 3 weeks since we moved in. We have only bought a few stuff and there are still many boxes unpacked. zz

Here are some of our simple furniture without any decoration.

Tv sideboard in the living room

IMG_20120625_093200.jpg

Our 2.46m study table :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_20120625_111629.jpg

Simple Move In

It has been 3 weeks since we moved in. We have only bought a few stuff and there are still many boxes unpacked. zz

IMG_20120625_093200.jpg

IMG_20120625_111629.jpg

Hi ValerieLow where did you get the study table? And how much does it cost? We are looking for a simple one like yours!

Simple Move In

IMG_20120625_093200.jpg

IMG_20120625_111629.jpg

Very nice!

hello valerie, your kitchen design is really an eye-opener! I always thought these kind of tiles are used for flooring. I like your creativity. Your bathroom door is also very classy. Can you PM me your contractor's contact?

Hi Valerie, would you be able to share with me your contractor's contact please? Thanks!

Hi madferit and sherrytan, sorry for the late reply. I have PMed both of you my contractor's contact. :yamseng:

Hi ValerieLow where did you get the study table? And how much does it cost? We are looking for a simple one like yours!

Hi chynaho, I got it from Ikea. It is actually a kitchen worktop, you can find it in the kitchen section. :P

Very nice!

Thanks Bobochacha!

Nice Console! How much and where u bought it?

Any full view of your living? Pretty!!

Hi Kelhy, I think you asked the same question before! Haha maybe you forgot. It was from Harvey Norman.

Not yet set up the rest of the living room yet. Will take a photo when things are done. So many things to do...