Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

I'm also looking forward to doing it. Now waiting for the legs.

I was just reading all the posts in your blog... The other day I stopped at the post which you mentioned the study light. Today I went to Blisslite @ Jln Besar to buy lights, they have exactly the study light your hubby wanted.. But it's too late right? ;)

Thank you piknik. We saw quite a few along Geylang and Balestier lighting shops too, but those nice ones are not cheap, cheap ones are not nice. So difficult! :P

Anyway, we have put down the idea of having suspension lighting in the study room.

Edited by ValerieLow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We just moved!

We just moved in on Saturday and here are some photos.

The main entrance. Part of the paint chipped off.

DSC01161.jpg

The full kitchen view.

DSC01163.jpg

Laundry area. By the way, this washer is not good. It is really noisy.

Untitled-2.jpg

Bedroom. We just changed to a gold lever lock! I like the combination of gold and grey. :wub:

Untitled-3.jpg

Hi, can I know where u get the table top for your laundry area? And if you don't mind, can provide me with the measurement? I'm also looking for a similar one. Many thanks in advance.

hello valerie, your kitchen design is really an eye-opener! I always thought these kind of tiles are used for flooring. I like your creativity. Your bathroom door is also very classy. Can you PM me your contractor's contact?

Does anyone know where can I get this kind of wooden wine crates? It can be storage and great deco for the kitchen.

Winebox+Collage+2.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

Does anyone know where can I get this kind of wooden wine crates? It can be storage and great deco for the kitchen.

Winebox+Collage+2.jpg

Wine importers. BUT there is a slight risk of termite scare, if not careful, you can kiss all wooden furniture in your house bye bye.

Wine importers. BUT there is a slight risk of termite scare, if not careful, you can kiss all wooden furniture in your house bye bye.

You mean these wooden crates easily attract termite? Or just generally all wooden furniture can easily attract termite if placed under moist environment?

Edited by ValerieLow

Think the wine crates are made from untreated wood. They are unlike the ones used for our kitchen cabinets. So if the termite might migrant from the wine crates to your house furniture if you are unlucky.

You mean these wooden crates easily attract termite? Or just generally all wooden furniture can easily attract termite if placed under moist environment?

Think the wine crates are made from untreated wood. They are unlike the ones used for our kitchen cabinets. So if the termite might migrant from the wine crates to your house furniture if you are unlucky.

Thanks chynaho for explaining further.

Bringing untreated wood into a house full of beautiful wood furniture is a big risk.

Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation chynaho. I didn't think of that!

Thanks chynaho for explaining further.

Bringing untreated wood into a house full of beautiful wood furniture is a big risk.

Can I use something to paint or treat the wooden crate before bringing into my house? Do you know? Is that something that we as houseowner can DIY, or we need to find some professional people to treat the wood? Sorry if my question sounds too silly. :unsure:

I have seen such crate box from Journey East under the Bodhi series.

Can check it out as there are 3 different sizes.

Thanks for the info ahlipz. That will be my last resort if I can't get it for free or at minimal cost hehe..

Valerielow: Your kitchen looks like a showroom piece.. Think you must be really proud of it! Love your toilet doors too. :good:

Thanks for the compliment. That's the only place with some 'design'. The rest of the house is just plain four walls. So nothing to show. :sport-smiley-004:

Can I use something to paint or treat the wooden crate before bringing into my house? Do you know? Is that something that we as houseowner can DIY, or we need to find some professional people to treat the wood? Sorry if my question sounds too silly. :unsure:

It is a tedious process; not advisable to diy.