Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Fingers and toes crossed that our units will be well-behaved :notti:

I am thinking of getting sandstone gray and would like the kitchen laminate to match the color but I am not sure how to?! If I get the fridge delivered 1st, it could be dirtied, or worse damaged, during the cabinet installation. I wonder if the contractor can pass me the laminate samples to bring to retail shop to do the matching :P

Oh, better to deliver the fridge once everything is cleaned. Cause the workers will do chemical wash after the reno. Roughly when will your reno end?

Sandstone colour not bad too, i think the colour will be more durable than white! Yah, you will need to get the laminate samples from the contractor first.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

subway tiles are awesome. have mine laid out like that too.

IMG_1754.jpg

Omg :jawdrop: we have the same tile pattern for our bathrooms! Haha glad to see someone with similar taste. Yours with a black grout line but mine is white. :drunk:

Week 3 3/5/2012

This week we finally see some progress!

We were in the flat on Labour Day and was surprise to see that the tiler was working, but he was alone.

His other team member went for holiday. 8|

Anyway, this was what we saw today. Our kitchen backsplash was partially up. My contractor told us not enough tiles, and he needs to order more.

He mentioned that the gap between the top and bottom cabinet should be around 80cm. Is this the standard height?

As I feel that 60cm is already very big gap. Any of you can tell me what is the standard gap between the top and bottom cabinet?

7138639957_0db8740843.jpg

The laundry area is near the rubbish chute. :ph34r:

7138640093_9f8f54b397.jpg

Common toilet floor tiles. The tiles kinda look like cement. Our original intention was to create a brick effect for the floor tiles

but the tiler advised straight line tiling will look more spacious for our super small common bathroom;

and also this kind of tiling will have better water drainage. Ok, we accept it!

6992557280_a871f63f1e.jpg

Once the tiles are up, the toilet looks brighter now! :thumbs up:

7138664789_24cff507c3.jpg

Master bathroom waterproofing.

6992557392_6c62295d57.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

Hi! Where did you get those nice tiles for your backsplash from? Are those cement ones? :)

Hi OnTheRoad, yes those are cement patterned tiles. You can find them at Hup Kiong (next to Hafary, Balestier Rd) or An Huat Trading at 53 Zion Road. My contractor initially brought us to Hup Kiong, but they sell it at $4.50 per piece. Later we found that An Huat is cheaper, they sell at $3.50/pc, cos they are the supplier. So we got our tiles from An Huat.

Oooohhhh... the toilet looks so bright and clean; makes the small toilet looks so much spacious than before. So lucky there is natural light from the window and reflect on the white tiles.

Oooohhhh... the toilet looks so bright and clean; makes the small toilet looks so much spacious than before. So lucky there is natural light from the window and reflect on the white tiles.

Hi Aya, the pics were taken in the late evening. I think it would be brighter in the morning. I hope we don't have to turn on the lights while going to the toilet in the day time as it's a waste of electricity. In fact, my house is quite dark, and I also hope changing all the windows and painting with bright colours will help. Fingers cross!! hehe

Week 3 3/5/2012

6992557280_a871f63f1e.jpg

This brown brown tiles looks like my kitchen floor tiles. same like black tiles, will have water marks but not as bad. mine some parts got some white patches. not sure if it's bcos the contractor never wash properly. i mop also cannot remove and i dont wanna scrub.

This brown brown tiles looks like my kitchen floor tiles. same like black tiles, will have water marks but not as bad. mine some parts got some white patches. not sure if it's bcos the contractor never wash properly. i mop also cannot remove and i dont wanna scrub.

i think water marks will be very obvious on black tiles.... but if brown or grey, then will not be so obvious.

Hi OnTheRoad, yes those are cement patterned tiles. You can find them at Hup Kiong (next to Hafary, Balestier Rd) or An Huat Trading at 53 Zion Road. My contractor initially brought us to Hup Kiong, but they sell it at $4.50 per piece. Later we found that An Huat is cheaper, they sell at $3.50/pc, cos they are the supplier. So we got our tiles from An Huat.

Thanks! Saw it in Hup Kiong & initially wanted them for toilet tiles... But told it's porous etc so gave up. Nice I like. Looking fwd to ur completed kitchen look soon. :thumbs up:

The Harvey Norman Sale

Three weeks ago, we went to Harvey Norman at Suntec City.

The sales uncle told us not to buy anything first, as they will be having a tech expo soon and items will be sold at good price.

After that we totally forgot about it as we were quite skeptical that HN can offer better prices than local electrical stores. Until recently, my mom in-law asked us about home appliances, then we remembered about what the uncle told us! :rolleyes:

Today finally we went down to expo and purchase our fridge and washer. Really a good deal! Managed to get the following

Fisher & Paykel Bottom Freezer Refrigerator

fp402bre.jpg

Samsung Front Load Washer

washer.jpg

After we purchased the Samsung Washer, We saw that an Electrolux washer going for $699. We started to regret. Oops.. :unsure:

Anyway, we managed to bargain for free delivery, Yay! :thumbs up:

I also got a fridge, washer, dryer n vacumn from the expo sales. Did you get the extended warranty? Your bargain power is good. I talk till i sianz, they also don't give me free delivery😒

hi valerie, wat's the price of the samsung washer u bought at the HN expo sales?

Hi Toot, we got it for $469.

i think water marks will be very obvious on black tiles.... but if brown or grey, then will not be so obvious.

I am a bit regret with this tile. When we saw it at the showroom, it was gray colour under white fluorescent light. But when we saw it laid on the toilet floor under evening sunlight, it became brownish. It's a bit off colour. But too late to change already. :bangwall:

Neoby: Is your kitchen tile rough surface? maybe watermark is more obvious on rough surface? As for whether my tile will have water marks or not, I'll let you know when it is done later, my toilet tiles are also rough surface.

Thanks! Saw it in Hup Kiong & initially wanted them for toilet tiles... But told it's porous etc so gave up. Nice I like. Looking fwd to ur completed kitchen look soon. :thumbs up:

Maybe not a good idea to use on toilet if it is porous and it could also be slippery. The An Huat sales person advised us to treat the tiles with sealant, so we paid extra 50cent for each tile to be treated. But I see no difference physically. He also advised us to maintain it by applying sealant every year so that it will look new again. :thumbs up:

I also got a fridge, washer, dryer n vacumn from the expo sales. Did you get the extended warranty? Your bargain power is good. I talk till i sianz, they also don't give me free delivery😒

Haha I think because that day before we went to expo, we called up the Suntec uncle and told him we were coming, but he was not there so he referred us to his other colleague. His colleague was the one who gave us free delivery. :dancingqueen:

Yah i bought the extended warranty for washing machine only. As the person advised it is better to have warranty for the circuit board.

You should also get extended warranty for the fridge. Fridge is always the first to break down due to 24/7 operating. Then next is washer. We got the extended warranty for the two big items.