Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

i think water marks will be very obvious on black tiles.... but if brown or grey, then will not be so obvious.

Anyway, i think your floor tiles looks v nice. I mean the bathroom floor tiles.

Edited by denimart

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My sliding window at the kitchen/service yard area is only $280, and I find it expensive already, $400 for 1 small window at toilet? :fire:

Thanks.. Guess i will think think about it again

400 each? :jawdrop:

Is this the price from your contractor? Probably can look for direct window contractor.

If you want to install KDK vent, i think u should be using those casement type of window. They will make a hole to fit your fan.

Changing of toilet window needs HDB approval(pardon me if i got the wrong info) especially for those with casement which you can push outwards. They are afraid that if higher floor throw down something and hitted the casement window (in outward position), the glass might breaks and endanger the people walking below. I believes is case to case basis but i am staying at mid floor.. chances of doing that is not very positive.

Will consider again..

Changing of toilet window needs HDB approval(pardon me if i got the wrong info) especially for those with casement which you can push outwards. They are afraid that if higher floor throw down something and hitted the casement window (in outward position), the glass might breaks and endanger the people walking below. I believes is case to case basis but i am staying at mid floor.. chances of doing that is not very positive.

Will consider again..

Do louver windows for your toilet.

End of Week 4 12/5/2012

This week the main jobs to be done are plastering and electrical works. Plumbing works are almost completed.

Just waiting for the plumber to fix our taps. Here are some photos of the electrical trunking

DSC00973.jpg

For the laundry area. Trunking will be hidden in the cabinet.

DSC00977.jpg

There won't be any exposed trunking for the sockets in the living room. As they drill a hole in the wall between bedroom 3 and living room and the wiring will come from bedroom 3 to living room.

DSC00974.jpg

We have also made decision on the paint. All the walls will be white. Pure white, not lily white, creamy white, barely white, I'm headache with all the choices of white. I just told my contractor I want pure white. The bedroom doors will be gray! I hope this door colour will not fail me.

door2.jpg

This house will just be like a white blank canvas when the renovation completes. We are free to match the furnishing easily without having to consider much whether they match the wall colour. :dancingqueen:

Will consider again..

Yah, it's true that you have to seek approval to install casement window for bathroom. We have gotten the approval and we are actually at low floor. :) You can try if you like.

Is good, so that you can save water by not turning the tap all the way to the end.. :rolleyes:

Save a bit of water lor.. but use liao not syok. The plumber hasn't fixed my tap yet, i just remembered my tap is slightly higher than normal tap :bangwall: si liao!

Anyway, i think your floor tiles looks v nice. I mean the bathroom floor tiles.

Hi denimart, you mean my floor tiles or May's floor tiles? :unsure::D

Valerie, I think he meant yours. Your floor tiles are nice....

Mine was just normal. Hehe...

Edited by May_dream1

Valerie, I think he meant yours. Your floor tiles are nice....

Mine was just normal. Hehe...

In the photo, my floor tiles are full of dust, i also can't recognise it anymore hahaha

Problem!

Just when I thought my reno process was quite smooth. There is a problem now! This problem is due to the previous owner installing the air-con right above the window, and the air-con trunking below was messy.

DSC00862.jpg

I asked my contractor to cover up the ugly air-con trunking and here is the end result. The left side was quite an eyesore as the bottom part is not flushed with the top trunk.

And the biggest problem of all - How can I hang the curtains if the air-con is placed so near to the window, there is no place for me to put the curtain rod, unless my curtain is placed inside the indented area.

DSC01003.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

Should ask your contractor to box up that left wall too, should not be too expensive if you use gypsum board to cover the left wall.

Should ask your contractor to box up that left wall too, should not be too expensive if you use gypsum board to cover the left wall.

Hi Aya, nice to see you back! How have you enjoyed the comfort of your own house?

Hubby told not to do anymore box up and he suggests to put some deco items on the wall so that the attention is not on the protruded part. I'm thinking maybe we will just put some photos there to save some $$$

wallphoto.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

Problem!

Just when I thought my reno process was quite smooth. There is a problem now! This problem is due to the previous owner installing the air-con right above the window, and the air-con trunking below was messy.

DSC00862.jpg

I asked my contractor to cover up the ugly air-con trunking and here is the end result. The left side was quite an eyesore as the bottom part is not flushed with the top trunk.

And the biggest problem of all - How can I hang the curtains if the air-con is placed so near to the window, there is no place for me to put the curtain rod, unless my curtain is placed inside the indented area.

DSC01003.jpg

The ugly aircon trucking can be cover up using window curtain, not necessary need to box up cos if water leak from aircon pipe in the trunking, are you prepare to tear up the box?

You may need to approach those window curtain shop to see if they have any special bracket for your case; those off-the-shelve may not fit.