Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Week 5 17//05/2012

Painting is done! The doors have been painted gray. I'm quite satisfied with this paint. But it could be better if the paint is matte rather than glossy. Contractor said for matte paint, there are only 2 colours - white or black. No choice then. :dunno:

Something is missing for the door - the handle! We are planning to change the door handle to gold.

DSC01031.jpg

The Master Bedroom indented wall has a new paint.

DSC01050.jpg

Bedroom doors are also painted gray. I was hoping to hang a wreath on each door during festive season! :wub:

door2-1.jpg

The Master Bathroom

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

Edited by ValerieLow

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Few days ago we found a couple of hollow tiles on the kitchen backsplash. The tiler is rectifying it.

DSC01032.jpg

The wall has been painted with chalkboard paint.

DSC01053.jpg

I have a feeling that this weekend the lights will be up. :thumbs up:

Edited by ValerieLow

The idea of chalkboard paint in the kitchen is good! You can scribble grocery items shopping list. Fun! :dribble:

Hi Topsy, yeah, that's the purpose of chalkboard wall! It'll be useful for us to write down messages, or grocery items. :dancingqueen:

Can't wait to see your kitchen

Hi Aya, I hope the carpentry will be up next week. We all look forward to the kitchen. That's the only place with carpentry haha.. the other parts of the house are rather plain looking.

Waiting to see your kitchen too! :thumbs up:

Hi Toonie, this is stressful haha :P

We are not sure how it will turn out to be. We are also eagerly waiting for the end result. Fingers crossed!

Colour Tone

Since most of the walls in the flat will be white, I'm thinking to add splashes of colour to my furniture and decor. I would like to share some nice colour combinations that I like.

Orange and turquoise

Both are vibrant colours on the opposite palette but if the colours are pale, they are really a perfect combination!

a-7.jpg

Grey and Yellow

Grey is cool and neutral while yellow is fun and exciting! They complement each other just like hubby and me. We have very different personalities!

gray+yellow+living+room+large+print+wing+chairs+valences+via+washington+post+via+LGN.jpg

Hey Valerie,

Thanks for sharing this, it's very sweet, I do like a turquoise and orange colour combination too! I like that mint green table lamp from the first pic too :)

You can probably purchase that lamp from Etsy :D

Edited by Twinkie

Hi Terrain1976,

Your inbox is full, i'm not able to send you PM. Anyway, the contractors I spoke to are

Dennis from Summit Design Studio

Alan from Aian Furniture and Renovation

Andrew from Designer Guys

If you need their contacts, drop me a PM :)

Hi Valerie,

Can i have the contact for above 3 contractor? Newbie here..want to do reno but dunno where to start from..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Valerie,

Can i have the contact for above 3 contractor? Newbie here..want to do reno but dunno where to start from..

Thanks in advance!

hi narnia, i can give you Andrew's number. pm you

Hi Toonie, this is stressful haha :P

We are not sure how it will turn out to be. We are also eagerly waiting for the end result. Fingers crossed!

With that wall tiles, I think it will turn out Fab! I passed by that tile shop so many time and I kept telling myself, I wish I had a corner in my hse that I can used that. But never thought of putting them on the wall. You r brilliant!

Hey Valerie,

Thanks for sharing this, it's very sweet, I do like a turquoise and orange colour combination too! I like that mint green table lamp from the first pic too :)

You can probably purchase that lamp from Etsy :D

Hi Twinkie, yah, turquoise and orange is like the sea and the sun. Very soothing feeling! :thumbs up:

Etsy is definitely a good place to get inspiration. I think the lamp can be found in places like Hock Siong in Singapore. But, they are second hand though.

I'm more concerned on where to get nice printed fabric. :P

Hi Valerie,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Narnia, I have PMed you Alan and Dennis's contact. As for Andrew's contact, May has PMed you.

With that wall tiles, I think it will turn out Fab! I passed by that tile shop so many time and I kept telling myself, I wish I had a corner in my hse that I can used that. But never thought of putting them on the wall. You r brilliant!

Haha, is your house under renovation? Why you can't find a corner to have these tiles?

I actually got the inspiration from this site. Their tiles are a lot nicer!

http://www.atticmag.com/2012/03/patterned-tile-backsplashes/

:yamseng:

End of Week 5 19/05/2012

This morning when we made a trip up, I heard running water sound in the house. To my horror, the common toilet pipe was broken and the water leaking out from the pipe behind the sewage pipe! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

IMG303a.jpg

Hubby tried to connect back the pipe that has fallen down, but he was not able to, so he quickly turned off the main water pipe downstairs. We informed our contractor about the leakage. To our surprise, he immediately came to our house to investigate the issue.

I think the water has been running like that since yesterday. Heartache so much water was wasted. :(

Anyway, the electrician has put up some of the lights in the house.

The foyer pendant lamp

DSC01047.jpg

Living room fan - we can only install the shortest one due to low ceiling height

DSC01044.jpg

The common bedroom light - double T8 tubes with prismatic lens. I just love the lens as it shimmers with the reflection from the sunlight.

DSC01043.jpg

The study room light - same.. very low profile

And finally, this little thing that we love - Legrand switch and socket! :wub:

DSC01041.jpg

I have the same fan and the winds are quite strong. Even better than the other one I have in my mbr that are bigger. So don't worry abt it being short.

Edited by May_dream1

I have the same fan and the winds are quite strong. Even better than the other one I have in my mbr that are bigger. So don't worry abt it being short.

You have this fan at which room? I saw your MBR fan, i think it's the same as my MBR fan, is it wooden blade? I was told that wooden blade fan the wind is not as strong as acrylic blade. I have not tested this fan yet.

Edited by ValerieLow

You have this fan at which room? I saw your MBR fan, i think it's the same as my MBR fan, is it wooden blade? I was told that wooden blade fan the wind is not as strong as acrylic blade. I have not tested this fan yet.

I have yr living room fan in my guest room. My living room fan same as my mbr. Not wooden blade but somehow the wind speed not very fast or cannot generate enough wind. Makes me really hot!

Didn't see yr mbr fan. Show and let me see?

End of Week 5 19/05/2012

The foyer pendant lamp

DSC01047.jpg

And finally, this little thing that we love - Legrand switch and socket! :wub:

DSC01041.jpg

I like your pendant lamp and Legrand switch and socket.