Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i really like your console!! :good::good:

i also can't find anything i like.. debating whether to custom.. =/

Thanks dotty. It is really hard to find cheap and nice TV console these days. Maybe because many people package their TV console + feature wall together with the renovation contract, so manufacturing of TV console got lesser and lesser. Best is find something you like, then ask your contractor or carpenter to fabricate the design you want, if you really cannot find a suitable TV console in the market. It took us long consideration and sourcing before we decide to custom-made a TV console.

What other carpentry work you would like to do? Not the 40cm mirror, please... If you are doing big items, we pass you our uncle's contact. His worksmanship is good. My in-law house carpentry work all done by Hubby's uncle, and still standing strong after 20 years.

err...not now worr. give me your contact lah. 5 years i wanna change WIW. heeee

2nd phase? Move house again?

no la....a minor re-do of my common toilet.

and also maybe new carpentry for studyroom....current studyroom is all "swedish" at this moment.

no la....a minor re-do of my common toilet.

and also maybe new carpentry for studyroom....current studyroom is all "swedish" at this moment.

Hahahaha... I get what you mean. Ours study room also "swedish" concept now.

BTW, this afternoon, both me and Hubby rushed home to receive the "surprise" I mentioned yesterday.

Our custom-made TV console!

2012-05-04130847.jpg

We searched high and low for TV console, but none of the TV console suits our home theme. Either the wood is too dark color, or the wood color is too yellowish (e.g. teak wood). We end up outsource the carpentry work to outside, that is my father's sub-con carpenter.

You may find our TV console very familiar, may have seen it somewhere, some place, somehow, and this is the answer....

lowe.png

We copy the design from Harvey Norman "Lowe" TV cabinet design, and get someone to fabricate almost similar design as Harvey Norman's. Lowe dimension is 165 Product Depth (cm): 45 Product Height (cm): 45; Ours is (L)220cm x (D)50cm x (H)60cm. If Lowe length is longer (we prefer 2.2mtr), we would have buy from Harvey Norman and avoid the hassle to engage carpenter to fabricate the TV console. But, the price we got is cheaper than buying from Harvey Norman.

We purposely gave our preferred laminate sample to the carpenter. The wood laminate we chose is brazilian walnut; same laminate as our MBR wardrobe. White and brazilian walnut combi is perfect! Isn't that cool? That's why initially I wanted our uncle to help us redo the laminate to white + brazilian laminates for the MBR wardrobe doors, but now we think it's okay after the bed sits in the MBR, don't trouble uncle to bring back the sliding doors and redo the laminate.

Now our house is 90% ready. Shall prepare to clean up the house and take an overview of our house. Stay tune!

Then how much ah

Look nice

U must be getting it at 499

Fmily price mah :D

Aaahhhh... This TV console not made by our uncle. It's my father's sub-con carpenter. Cheaper, but not the ideal price that uncle can do for us

Edited by ayazumi

lol was busy just now.. u wanna do mirror like mine and coffee table?

hahahaha... just teasing both of you lah.

For mirror, i haven't think of what i want to do yet..... my contractor says will help me do it also but i don't know how to do it nicely for a more classy feel. Want to put near my photo wall and able to shine off my crystal dining lights.....

as for coffee table, thinking of one but must match my sofa.. and my sofa is old. must change sofa first before getting the coffee table.

maybe give the sub con number lah... next time want to do, can call. He will take job of just 1-2 pieces of furniture, right? :notti:

What other carpentry work you would like to do? Not the 40cm mirror, please... If you are doing big items, we pass you our uncle's contact. His worksmanship is good. My in-law house carpentry work all done by Hubby's uncle, and still standing strong after 20 years.

Can I have your carpentry uncle contact pls?

We managed to find two tidy rooms for photography tonight.

This is our kitchen without the LED strip.

DSC_2045.jpg

DSC_2050.jpg

After LED light strip installed, the kitchen looks more brighter. BTW, we have bought "4-eye" LED light bulbs from Gmarket for less than $10. Bought several light bulbs, shall install tomorrow. Hopefully the kitchen will be brighter than now. We also found similar bulb holder in AMK hardware shop; price similar to the light shop, but at least we need not go to Jln Besar to buy.

DSC_2063.jpg

DSC_2062.jpg

This is how the chair looks like:

DSC_2044.jpg

Previously have shown you guys the overall look of the dining table, bench and the chairs. I have taken the photo in another angle

DSC_2043.jpg

And lastly, our living room is completed with sofa, TV console, and shoe cabinet. I bought the shoe cabinet from nearby neighbourhood furniture shop.

DSC_2058.jpg

DSC_2060.jpg