Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

I have a question to ask those who are using glass gas stove.

We are using the 2 stove Technogas glass stove.

Do you experience when you turn a knob to turn on the gas on one stove, but two ignitor will light up at same time? Only one stove has fire in the end. Are all new model glass gas stove like that?

When I turn the knob to turn the gas on, it takes a few seconds to light up the fire and I have to hold the knob for a few seconds before I can release the knob. Sometimes when I release the knob, the fire is gone. I have to tried a couple of times before I can light up a fire. Is this normal?

One of the knob gets stuck when I turn the knob and it does not spring back. Especially when I need to hold the knob for a few seconds before lighting up the fire, so the knob got stuck. We have called Technogas staff to come and check this Friday.

This is our first time using glass stove and experience such things. While we have been using stainless steel stove, we don't have such problem. Even the recent one that my mum bought a portable gas stove from Rinnai does not have such issue. When turn the knob, immediately the ignitor lights up and fire is up. I'm not sure if this is the difference between a built-in ignitor or a battery-operated ignitor difference.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Aya,

My battery-operated ignition stove does not behave the way you had described. let the service staff take a look first. if it is a lemon that cannot be fixed, i am sure they will replace one for free.

Thanks getzski. We were kind of worried why the stove behaves in this way. Were thinking if all the new glass stove models behave in this manner too. Luckily Technogas still valid our warranty. We were told that if we did not fill in the warranty card within 10 days of purchase, our warranty is void. But we explained that we purchased the stove but did not use the stove until we officially move in to the house. Warranty card also won't notice until we settle down move in.

Do you experience when you turn a knob to turn on the gas on one stove, but two ignitor will light up at same time? Only one stove has fire in the end. Are all new model glass gas stove like that?

When I turn the knob to turn the gas on, it takes a few seconds to light up the fire and I have to hold the knob for a few seconds before I can release the knob. Sometimes when I release the knob, the fire is gone. I have to tried a couple of times before I can light up a fire. Is this normal?

One of the knob gets stuck when I turn the knob and it does not spring back. Especially when I need to hold the knob for a few seconds before lighting up the fire, so the knob got stuck. We have called Technogas staff to come and check this Friday.

This is our first time using glass stove and experience such things. While we have been using stainless steel stove, we don't have such problem. Even the recent one that my mum bought a portable gas stove from Rinnai does not have such issue. When turn the knob, immediately the ignitor lights up and fire is up. I'm not sure if this is the difference between a built-in ignitor or a battery-operated ignitor difference.

mine is the stainless steel battery operated one. so cant advice. but i got a question. does it take long (meaning have to turn and hold for some time) before the fire is stable and working?

Thanks getzski. We were kind of worried why the stove behaves in this way. Were thinking if all the new glass stove models behave in this manner too. Luckily Technogas still valid our warranty. We were told that if we did not fill in the warranty card within 10 days of purchase, our warranty is void. But we explained that we purchased the stove but did not use the stove until we officially move in to the house. Warranty card also won't notice until we settle down move in.

the 10 day period is POS. next time when the lemon law comes in then they know.... :sport-smiley-004:

mine is the stainless steel battery operated one. so cant advice. but i got a question. does it take long (meaning have to turn and hold for some time) before the fire is stable and working?

for mine, i just stop holding after i hear the initial tac-tac-tac sound.

I have this issue as what NeoBY has mentioned, that I have to turn the knob, hear tac tac tac sound (but the other one also tac tac tac though I am not turning that stove to on the fire), hold for awhile, and wait until the fire stable then let go. At times I let go the knob, thinking the fire is stable enough, but end up the fire is gone. Then I got to retry couple of times before fire is up again. I'm puzzled why two stove will tac same time when I am only turning one knob.

I have this issue as what NeoBY has mentioned, that I have to turn the knob, hear tac tac tac sound (but the other one also tac tac tac though I am not turning that stove to on the fire), hold for awhile, and wait until the fire stable then let go. At times I let go the knob, thinking the fire is stable enough, but end up the fire is gone. Then I got to retry couple of times before fire is up again. I'm puzzled why two stove will tac same time when I am only turning one knob.

the place i rented last time using Technogasz too. when i turn 1 knob, the other also will tac tac at the same time and i see sparks from the other hob too. also have to wait till fire is stable then let go... sometimes have to try the 2nd time.... but not often that i will need to do it again and again lah....

same!!! but i'll try tonight to see if the other stoves have sparks. then i report again k. i have to hold quite some time. i wonder if this is the reason for my higher gas consumption.

I am using Rinnai RB-2CG, 2 burners, battery ignition.

I am using the same method found on this blog to ignite the fire - http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-rinnai-inner-flame-burner-hob_6584.html

1 - Push down the burner flame knob and gently turn anti-clockwise until you reach resistance i.e. you feel the knob cannot be turned further. That resistance signals the "end" of the knob-turn but do not let go of the knob yet, continuing to pushing it down.

2 - As you continue to push the knob down, turn a bit more anti-clockwise until you meet resistance again. At that point you then turn back the knob in a clockwise direction until you hear a "click" sound. That' a "locking" indication you've turned on the fire successfully.

Pardon me but this is the first time i heard of 2 burners tac tac tac at the same time, maybe is normal to Technogas, better to check with their technician.

I am using Rinnai RB-2CG, 2 burners, battery ignition.

I am using the same method found on this blog to ignite the fire - http://renovation-greencoal.blogspot.com/2008/05/using-rinnai-inner-flame-burner-hob_6584.html

1 - Push down the burner flame knob and gently turn anti-clockwise until you reach resistance i.e. you feel the knob cannot be turned further. That resistance signals the "end" of the knob-turn but do not let go of the knob yet, continuing to pushing it down.

2 - As you continue to push the knob down, turn a bit more anti-clockwise until you meet resistance again. At that point you then turn back the knob in a clockwise direction until you hear a "click" sound. That' a "locking" indication you've turned on the fire successfully.

i am using rinnai. will try this and see how. hopefully i dont spoil the knob as i usually do with delicate stuff.

i experience this problem too, but not sure what is the brand of the stove we are using, heehee.

oh my problem is only 1 stove will have the tac tac tac sound, not both....