Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation Week 2: Electrical, Air-Con Trunking & Tiling Part 1

Due to our hectic work schedules, we only had time to drop by during the weekends to review the progress.

William was kind enough to Whatsapp us on the updates of the house every few days.

Everything's on schedule so far. :good:

Electrical and false ceiling are up!

week2-01.jpgweek2-02.jpg

Still hate the air-con trunking beside the air-con ledge window. Any ideas how to conceal them up?

week2-03.jpg

Renovation Week 2: Electrical, Air-Con Trunking & Tiling Part 2

Overlay and tiling works have began. The workers were still working on the living room floor and kitchen walls on Saturday!

Happy with the floor tiles as they aren't as brown as I thought. :sport-smiley-004:

week3-04.jpgweek3-05.jpg

week3-06.jpg

New erected wall for our Bedroom 2 & MBR new entrances.

week3-07.jpg

Our colleague stays just next block, so we went over to help check for defects too. Surprisingly, there were LOTS of "visitors" who have yet to get their keys and wanted to take a look inside their flat. End up have to entertain them :furious:

Edited by Aurelia

26 March 2012: Floor Overlay Issues

ID called today to inform us that the entire house ground has been elevated slightly due to the overlaying of kitchen floor tiles. As such, there will be problems opening the main door! :bangwall:

His current suggestion is to saw the main door shorter... :unsure:

ID called today to inform us that the entire house ground has been elevated slightly due to the overlaying of kitchen floor tiles. As such, there will be problems opening the main door! :bangwall:

Happened for me. Both toilets were renovated and after tiling the doors were both sawed shorter so it closes. Drawback is the exposed wood which will get wet. Think have to find a way to waterproof below. :(

Hello I stay blk424 have got my keys since Dec2011 but have yet reno..... :sport-smiley-004:

Now hope to get it start by spril :dancingqueen: then moved in maybe oct :yamseng:

So where u stay previously???how do u find the folks at clementi???do drop by ocean coffee shop for a cuppa of kopi :drunk:

Happened for me. Both toilets were renovated and after tiling the doors were both sawed shorter so it closes. Drawback is the exposed wood which will get wet. Think have to find a way to waterproof below. :(

Looks like I'm not the only one, and I'm not very comfortable with them sawing my door! :bleah:

They sawed both your doors and did not "seal" the exposed parts up? Gosh... If it's me, I might try using colorless nail polish to protect it hahaha :D

Hello I stay blk424 have got my keys since Dec2011 but have yet reno..... :sport-smiley-004:

Now hope to get it start by spril :dancingqueen: then moved in maybe oct :yamseng:

So where u stay previously???how do u find the folks at clementi???do drop by ocean coffee shop for a cuppa of kopi :drunk:

Are you from SERS or SOBF? You got your keys real fast!

We come from two ends of Singapore (Jurong vs Bedok)! For me, I spent my Secondary School and Polytechnic days in Clementi so I'm not a total stranger to this area. But... where's Ocean Coffee Shop? Hehehe :P

Are you from SERS or SOBF? You got your keys real fast!

We come from two ends of Singapore (Jurong vs Bedok)! For me, I spent my Secondary School and Polytechnic days in Clementi so I'm not a total stranger to this area. But... where's Ocean Coffee Shop? Hehehe :P

Mine was SERS...What U meant by SOBF???

Ocean coffee shop??Its located at blk407 the exsisting estate food nice N cheap

Do go try their zhi char not bad malaysian cook

Towkay is william nice man :sport-smiley-004:

So bro how much U buy your flat???

Mine was SERS...What U meant by SOBF???

Ocean coffee shop??Its located at blk407 the exsisting estate food nice N cheap

Do go try their zhi char not bad malaysian cook

Towkay is william nice man :sport-smiley-004:

So bro how much U buy your flat???

Sale of Balance Flats :P

It's about $480k... *Starts singing: I keep bleeding, I keep keep bleeding...*

Clementi is an excellent location. What is the floor area of your flat?

:jawdrop:

Wah :jawdrop: $480K???phew for me bleed N vomit til death still can't pay finished

So bro any grant for U???So u stay how many floor??I stay 14floor.

So when will your reno be completing???

How much U spend on your reno?? :yamseng:

@tankee: 100sqm, 92sqm internal area.

@casa: Expensive hor? Not eligible for any grant also /continues to bleed

It's a low floor, we can't afford anything more than half a million. :wacko:

Target early May completion! Our quotation is almost $50k, we're trying hard not to add anything else now! :drunk: