Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

Been lurking in Renotalk for the longest time ever and finally we have something to contribute to the community! :D

Our nest is a SOBF in Casa Clementi after failing 7-8 times of BTO applications ^^; It came with a hefty price tag but we're still glad to have a home of our own right now.

floorplan.png

Bay windows for all rooms! :good:

Our common toilet is pretty unique; you can access it via the service yard (bi-fold door) or hallway (no door!) and comes with partitions for the shower and WC respectively. Feels like a kopitiam/shopping centre washroom! We plan to keep the layout but overlay the wall tiles and change the middle partition to frosted glass.

Keys were collected in early Feb and renovation has just began! Our ID is William from SDS. Their quotes are indeed not the cheapest around, but we chose him because of the 5-year warranty and good chemistry during our initial meetings. Crossing fingers!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

floorplan2.png

Living Room - Clean design with suspended display cabinets for our toys!

Kitchen - Open concept

Bedroom 3 - Guestroom / Reading Room (Partial glass)

Bedroom 2 - Wardrobe / Work Room

MBR - Wooden raised platform

Nest theme will comprise mainly of black and white. We like it simple and clean ;)

Congrats in getting your new home. So much so for a long wait, finally.

Thank you! :D We almost gave up with HDB and going for resale...

Edited by Aurelia

Thank you! :D We almost gave up with HDB and going for resale...

It's okay. I heard my colleague's friends also BTO 3years, and till today, still didn't get any BTO flat.

Is this a new BTO? As I know, you are not allowed to hack any walls for new BTOs. So, can't do open concept kitchen liao.... Paiseh, seems only toilet wall and floor tiles.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument#Walls

I must say, the size of the room is pretty decent if this is a new BTO.

Edited by beluga

Is this a new BTO? As I know, you are not allowed to hack any walls for new BTOs. So, can't do open concept kitchen liao....

I must say, the size of the room is pretty decent if this is a new BTO.

How about half wall?

How about half wall?

My mistake... looks like only toilet wall and floor tiles not hackable within 3 years...

Edited by beluga

Congrats on getting ur home! the common toilet layout is the same as wat i have.... Guess our projects were the pilot testers for this layout somehow or rather.

eh yah , cannot hack toilet wall and floor tiles only.... so bo bian muz overlay it if too ugly. make the toilet even smaller =(

@beluga: It's 100sqm, with internal floor area of 92sqm.

@Takeyu: Did you keep the layout of the common toilet? Seems that not many like it... :unsure:

@beluga: It's 100sqm, with internal floor area of 92sqm.

@Takeyu: Did you keep the layout of the common toilet? Seems that not many like it... :unsure:

oh yah , I kept the layout of the common toilet. Just change the sink and tape to construct a small vanity counter there...

Here's some of our 3D drawings received a couple of days ago. Satisfied so far! Can't wait to see the final product! :sport-smiley-004:

kitchen.jpgliving.jpg

guestroom.jpgbombshelter.jpg

commontoilet.jpg

Anyone knows where we can get identical roman blinds as shown on the drawings? I think they fit nicely into our home :)

Been lurking in Renotalk for the longest time ever and finally we have something to contribute to the community! :D

Our nest is a SOBF in Casa Clementi after failing 7-8 times of BTO applications ^^; It came with a hefty price tag but we're still glad to have a home of our own right now.

floorplan.png

Bay windows for all rooms! :good:

Our common toilet is pretty unique; you can access it via the service yard (bi-fold door) or hallway (no door!) and comes with partitions for the shower and WC respectively. Feels like a kopitiam/shopping centre washroom! We plan to keep the layout but overlay the wall tiles and change the middle partition to frosted glass.

Keys were collected in early Feb and renovation has just began! Our ID is William from SDS. Their quotes are indeed not the cheapest around, but we chose him because of the 5-year warranty and good chemistry during our initial meetings. Crossing fingers!

Welcome to Clementi Ave1....

I have been living there since i was a kid

Happy reno..btw bro which blk are u staying in??

Welcome to Clementi Ave1....

I have been living there since i was a kid

Happy reno..btw bro which blk are u staying in??

Blk 418! You're at Casa too? :D