Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat76

Nobody Likes Toto?

...and I'm not referring to the lottery

Just curious, most people go for Grohe/Hansgrohe, but seldom hear people use Toto in their homes. But all the new and 'higher class' shopping centres use Toto, so just wondering why this brand is not so popular for residential?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Fewer sales/promo in Singapore? I know a few people, myself included who use Toto at home. Not cheap tho. One wc can buy 2 cheaper brands.

I have heard good reviews from long time users, and read before that Toto is used commercially cos of durability. Not sure how true tho.

Grohe got their budget models as well as the high end models.

TOTO no budget models. In terms of perceived value, Grohe brand can get it cheaper than TOTO but give impression is high end.

This cannot be done for TOTO.

In building industry.. is common for brands to either target the retail market, or target the professional industry ppl.

Nippon Paint and Dulux focus heavily on the retail market, while brands like SKK, Jotun, Kansai focus on the professionals instead.

Professionals focus on service/support/durability, while retail market focuses on design, branding.

I dun thnk there is anyone who can say which is a better brand.

As for taps.. I go for nice solid feel, ie.. when u push the tap to the max limit, there is a solid metal to metal knock, rather than a soft rubbery feel.

Grohe models got this metal to metal feel, and only certain TOTO models got this feel.

I see.. so its mainly because of the higher cost for Toto?

For their WC's I like their simplistic designs, very easy to clean... will likely buy TOTO WC and sinks

not too sure about the cost part.

Yes, I am a very big fan of TOTO products, simply becuase I believe that design.. is highly fickle. what's in vogue today.. 6 months later maybe dated. Sanitaryware gonna be there for 10+ years.. better to get a design that's evergreen.

Take note about WCs.. these days many cute designs.. but that means the toilet seat is very small diameter or the seat contact with the bum very small. Small diameter toilet seat.. if u are a guy. when u sit and pee.. err..

Those narrow small contact with the bum toilet seats.. quite uncomfortable for those who poo leisurely. Best is to sit and really test it out. The height of the bowl also makes a lot of difference!

not too sure about the cost part.

Yes, I am a very big fan of TOTO products, simply becuase I believe that design.. is highly fickle. what's in vogue today.. 6 months later maybe dated. Sanitaryware gonna be there for 10+ years.. better to get a design that's evergreen.

Take note about WCs.. these days many cute designs.. but that means the toilet seat is very small diameter or the seat contact with the bum very small. Small diameter toilet seat.. if u are a guy. when u sit and pee.. err..

Those narrow small contact with the bum toilet seats.. quite uncomfortable for those who poo leisurely. Best is to sit and really test it out. The height of the bowl also makes a lot of difference!

Noted, thanks.

I do enjoy a good $hit so will likely do a sitting test for the WC's. The main concern would be the flushing 'power' of the WC's as I've read a few posts on this forum about weak flushes that are not sufficient to remove all the wastes in a single flush (not TOTO though).

If budget is not a concern, then by all means go for Toto sanitary wares. Their high end neorest series is quite something else. I'm guessing that as a guy that you don't care about the bidet function, but one reason why I wanted a Toto is cos of the bidet seat too.

My 'contemplation rooms' are a combi of Grohe bath fixtures (I love my thermostatic rainshower) and Toto sinks & WCs.