Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

your mil is really something.....

how about you ask her if her kitchen drawers all open got knock into each other or not?

ask her to go to your other relative's homes and ask her to look at all the cabinetry and ask her to see if what you got is "normal".

bring her to see other peoples' homes and show her what normal workmanship is suppose to be, or go to IKEA, i'm sure you've heard of IKEA horror stories, but then, even theirs still open nicely..... (also remember to tell her that all these cabinetry are also done by humans hor)

at the very least, if you are really going to accept the cabinetry, get a huge discount for it, really not worth paying full price for such workmanship.. later got any problems might still need to spend more money to get somebody else to rectify..

personally, relative or no, i'll tell them to go fly kite, please take their cabinetry (or not need to hire somebody else to remove gonna cost money again) and get the **** outta the house.. but then, i'm very particular about drawers not opening straight (just recently discovered my wardrobe drawer is like that, now every day i open to take out my clothes, i keep staring at the imperfection......)..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

how about you ask her if her kitchen drawers all open got knock into each other or not?

ask her to go to your other relative's homes and ask her to look at all the cabinetry and ask her to see if what you got is "normal".

bring her to see other peoples' homes and show her what normal workmanship is suppose to be, or go to IKEA, i'm sure you've heard of IKEA horror stories, but then, even theirs still open nicely..... (also remember to tell her that all these cabinetry are also done by humans hor)

at the very least, if you are really going to accept the cabinetry, get a huge discount for it, really not worth paying full price for such workmanship.. later got any problems might still need to spend more money to get somebody else to rectify..

personally, relative or no, i'll tell them to go fly kite, please take their cabinetry (or not need to hire somebody else to remove gonna cost money again) and get the **** outta the house.. but then, i'm very particular about drawers not opening straight (just recently discovered my wardrobe drawer is like that, now every day i open to take out my clothes, i keep staring at the imperfection......)..

oh, you already finished your reno. no updates from you at all.....

ya, drawers must open properly. if not, how to open side by side?

oh, you already finished your reno. no updates from you at all.....

ya, drawers must open properly. if not, how to open side by side?

no lar.. haven't even gotten my keys..

talking about my mum's place, which was renovated about 2+ years ago..

1. when they just fitted the wardrobe everything looks ok, but the runner wasn't fitted properly, so after awhile, the drawer couldn't close properly, when the drawer can't close properly, it hits the sliding door and the sliding door can't open properly -.-

worse thing is, i only live there 1/2 the week, the other 1/2 i stay with my in-laws, and that particular drawer is my undies drawer (how many times a day am i gonna open that!!)..

2. the mirror also got black spots which can't be cleaned off and the laminate for my wardrobe also started to peel......

3. one side of the leg of my dressing table is supposed to be secured to the wall and floor (it's 1 long piece perpendicular to the wall), but it's flimsy, with a light push, can move like a protractor..

4. our dinning lights started to dim (1 of the tubes will suddenly turn off, then maybe the next day it will be ok), got an electrician to look but also cannot find the cause..

5. 1 of the yard lights totally cannot on..

6. the roof wasn't fitted properly, birds flew in and made a nest and can hear flapping sounds, poor baby birds, some fell out and got caught by my dog who proudly brought the mangled body to us :(

7. toilet pipe got choked and toilet bowl can't flush, after investigating, found out that the workers throw stuff down the pipe -.-

only item 6 & 7 got fixed because we found out within the 1st year, contractor gave us 1 year warranty..

so it's very important to check your house thoroughly before you accept the handover from your ID/contractor..

you still managed to do up a very nice home.... with the special cafe-like featured wall. Its a lesson well learnt so don't dwell on it. move on, my dear!

:D thanks! in fact, they say my whole house look like cafe..but nvm, i like to bake, cook, sit down and have tea.. :P all ready to move on.. :)

i'm not going to say anything le..it's obvious, anyone can see it..and if she refuses to acknowledge it, then no point saying more or showing her anything..die die also got something to say de..

husband will settle the payment issues..if really force us to pay full, then take it as pay money to avoid trouble 'po cai xiao zai'..can't be helped after coming to this stage..

i am generally easy-going but also feel like cursing and swearing..some things can close one eye but mine is really quite horrible :curse: now i start wiping the carpentry can't help getting angry all over again..

luckily they only do carpentry, so the electrical and toilet bowls, flooring should be alright.. really thankful that we insisted to let Mr K do our place and he did a pretty good job, though there are also some imperfections here and there..otherwise, i think our place will not even be done yet given that their jobs are always delayed for many many weeks.. :bow:

If she read your this thread...how ah?!! :sport-smiley-004:

i dare write, not scared anyone read..i have chronicled the whole renovation experience, so all the dates and events were written down once it happens..she cannot dispute the timeline and delays nor bad workmanship produced..

so if she reads, i hope she realize how bad the workmanship is (just look at those pictures!) and know that good intentions does not equate to good results..her insistence and blind faith in the relative's workmanship has caused everyone so much trouble and frustrations..not everything can be rectified and we now have to live with such workmanship with visible patch-ups which are not even permanent.. :bangwall:

we did not want to use the relative because of his attitude during quotation was bad (tell us never earn our money and don't want to do our business amount other things), and was not cheap at all (more ex than Mr K even 'at cost')..plus after 5 weeks, did not revert with adjustments at all..moreover, we have done our research and read about all the bad reviews and tried to explain these to her, hoping that she can respect our informed choice..alas she refused and created a scene as usual, telling us that we don't respect her nor give her face, all other contractors out to cheat my money, relative's carpentry is very good etc..we relented to avoid conflict and mistakenly thinking that given the close relationship, they wouldn't have done such a bad job..there were signs of trouble already, since relative wasn't keen about doing it for us and was 'afraid that he cannot meet our expectations'..

i guess they've proved themselves and all the reviews on renotalk are indeed true..i've never ever read any good review about them apart from obvious self-advertisement posts..even with so much pressure, close relationship and relentless chasing, these still happened..we resorted to chasing the carpenter directly and went down to the showroom when we couldn't get any updates..many specifications were wrong and we had to close one eye..so i can only imagine how bad it is for his other customers..my heart really goes out to those affected by delays, bad workmanship and not having calls/sms/emails answered..at the end of the day, they still make money..and if the company's name is so bad, they can easily change name and start again..there will always be people taken by internal laminates, freebies and mistaken security for a big showroom..and if really not profitable anymore, close shop and enjoy retirement with the money they make from screwing peoples' homes.. :(

but still, i believe everything happens for a reason and every action has a consequence..everyone will get what they deserve eventually.. :yamseng:

Edited by theitsybits

Congratulations on your new nest. I love the theme/concept. I believe it's a rare one. Usually they'd go for modern look. But I simply love your place.

We are looking for contractors too. And by the looks of it your contractor did an excellent job. So cut short would you mind sharing your quotation and contractors contact? So I can narrow down which better suits our theme and budget. Many thanks!

Hi Itsybits

Do you mind sharing K contacts with me please? Love your concept of your home and including Pinkwhale and Paloma.

You can email me at mangosteen77@hotmail.com or send me message!

Really TIA!

Day 88

My K has sent people to wash our place today, and it's almost time for him to hand-over the flat..we're almost done, except that carpentry rectifications are still not done and backsplash still not up yet..surprisingly the cleaning was cleaner than i thought and we can walk into the flats without shoes now.. :D

7900959492_ce77a779a2.jpg

The home looks like that now. :D

7900958252_36049acba0.jpg

And I've got some colorful stools. :P

I've also started cleaning the MBR wardrobe. I've thrown away pails of grayish water, I think I'll still need to clean them again. As usual, cleaning means noticing more horrible carpentry workmanship. :curse:

7900960920_12609bcb08.jpg

What's the point of coloring that hole without filling it properly?! And why is there even a hole in the first place?! :bleah:

7900962504_23cc3560d1.jpg

Horribly chipped drawer even before even using it..i wonder if this will start peeling after a year or so! :help:

7900964684_43c1d60c9b.jpg

And the joints of the insides are as such.

These are only a few of the many other defects we found. *sigh*

Husband has got them to change and do more rectifications, but we've yet to see any sign of them, and we keep discovering more and more unacceptable workmanship..i'm really not sure how they are going to get this done or how we are going to live with such workmanship.. :furious:

Shall go back to do more cleaning and take a picture of our our place in its finished glory..appliances and furniture will start coming next Saturday and I can't wait! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by theitsybits

Hi ItsyBitsys .... I notice that you have added some nice stuff from "The Good Things" (Clementi Mall) yeah?! Very very nice ... love the cosy cafe setting of your place. :)

wait for your carpenter will take ages... why not get some wood putty and try close the gaps btw the carpentry flaws...

Edited by and888

Hi ItsyBitsys .... I notice that you have added some nice stuff from "The Good Things" (Clementi Mall) yeah?! Very very nice ... love the cosy cafe setting of your place. :)

I always go into that shop but haven't got anything there yet..Realized they use the same plywood shelvings (which were much smoother than mine)..

wait for your carpenter will take ages... why not get some wood putty and try close the gaps btw the carpentry flaws...

My sentiments exactly!! Been telling the husband to get some of the materials, I do it myself - a lot faster and definitely nicer..

BUT..husband thinks that since no discount is agreed on and they promised to rectify everything to our satisfaction, they should be the one doing it..and if I start doing anything, they may push the blame on us and dispute who did a lousy job..

I always go into that shop but haven't got anything there yet..Realized they use the same plywood shelvings (which were much smoother than mine)..

My sentiments exactly!! Been telling the husband to get some of the materials, I do it myself - a lot faster and definitely nicer..

BUT..husband thinks that since no discount is agreed on and they promised to rectify everything to our satisfaction, they should be the one doing it..and if I start doing anything, they may push the blame on us and dispute who did a lousy job..

I swear I saw your clock from there !

7844662210_9437bd22e2_z.jpg

And I dropped by The good things @ Clementi Mall today..they are using these raw plywood shelves too..and it's really smooth to the touch, like really smooth, like paloma's and pinkwhale's beautiful plywood carpentry that shows the many different layers and grains..bua your face on top also not scared..

the husband suggested that we bring our carpenter here to touch and feel..so he knows what is expected..so if our edges are still rough, i'm going to bring him here..if still cannot, i sand one for him ask him follow exactly.. :bleah:

Dear, actually this is the exact place that I got my whole inspiration for my cement tv console with the raw plywood mixed with white laminate and cement combination.

I fell in love with this the moment I saw it so I ask K to literally go down to this shop to see it and do EXACTLY like it.. And now this idea is like so popular haha..

Initially I thought is very easy to achieve this kind of effect and when K told me its not so cheap to do this style I still bargain super hard with him but apparently it's true as they need to use the good quality plywood and more workmanship is involve to sand it down and apply sealant etc..

I swear I saw your clock from there !

Really!? I saw similar ones but not exactly the same..I got my clock from Bangkok for about $20..

Dear, actually this is the exact place that I got my whole inspiration for my cement tv console with the raw plywood mixed with white laminate and cement combination.

I fell in love with this the moment I saw it so I ask K to literally go down to this shop to see it and do EXACTLY like it.. And now this idea is like so popular haha..

Initially I thought is very easy to achieve this kind of effect and when K told me its not so cheap to do this style I still bargain super hard with him but apparently it's true as they need to use the good quality plywood and more workmanship is involve to sand it down and apply sealant etc..

U come Clementi?!! Yea I quite like them..but very apparently ,y plywood not that good, can see dark patches around and many holes! Plus initially they dare to mount it up wo sanding the edges at all..joints also not done well..end up mount le den make them sand..sigh sigh..holes are filled with wood patty but it's very obvious..not so nice! =(

Really!? I saw similar ones but not exactly the same..I got my clock from Bangkok for about $20..

U come Clementi?!! Yea I quite like them..but very apparently ,y plywood not that good, can see dark patches around and many holes! Plus initially they dare to mount it up wo sanding the edges at all..joints also not done well..end up mount le den make them sand..sigh sigh..holes are filled with wood patty but it's very obvious..not so nice! =(

I think they sold it for at least 60-80 bucks !