Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We wanted granite since its scratch proof..and it looks alot nicer and shiny.. =( kitchen we got solid top as we wanted pure white..I rather get India/china granite!

Yup agrees with you on shiny and nicer part. Just want to clarify to Chezph that granite might not be more ex than solid surface.

No matter what, your carpentry should give you want was agreed. Another mistake they made. :(

Hi theitsybits,

I am actually looking at your room light and found that this is what we want to buy. :) But bf said might be too big for room.. isit so? what is the size you bought? hmm, dont mind sharing the plc and price too :P

TIA.

Cheers

Week 13 (Day 89)

7937130890_35ff7f990b_z.jpg

Guest/kids room.

7937133534_99981891e8_z.jpg

Study room.

7937147038_ce45a2e1dc_z.jpg

And i found a study table that i like when I went to Commune to pay the remaining for my dining table and sideboard! the top is similar to our canteen bench planks, and i've been looking for legs like this..i think i'm going to get it..it can be used as a dining table too.. :good: it cost $599, and Commune is at Millennia Walk..they have expanded recently!

7937145728_b27834d2e1_z.jpg

And I saw this sofa that looks exactly like the one I got from Star Living, just different color. This one cost $2199 if I remember correctly..

7425801480_f530c14fb4_z.jpg

This is the one I got from Star Living (Furniture Mall) for $990. More than half price and looks really similar..don't feel different either..mine has removable covers, not sure about Commune's.

But if anyone is looking for such sofa, please go to Star Living instead. They have it in grey and brown.

Our dining table, sofa, sideboard, bench, chairs, mattress, washing machine and fridge will arrive this weekend!

All set. I'm really excited. :dancingqueen:

U mean the round light in study? There's 2 size and I chose the bigger one..actually the husband chose the bigger one when I felt the smaller size is sufficient..he scared not bright enough since there's only one light..it's from Phillips and we got it from Lightings.com.sg u can check their site or visit their showroom..

It's ok lei..not too big..else u can get the smaller size..

Thanks! I shall show him ur reply.. ;) seem like alot ppl visit Lightings.com.sg shall make a visit.. I do need to faster buy my lights. Else Reno forever stuck at the same phrase.. Does lighting.com.sg sells LED downlight but is those with 2tubes kind.. Dunno if u knw. But.. No harm asking ;p

Lastly, I have been following ur t-blog since may and see how ur Plc transforms into so beautiful home desprite the carpentary work. Just to let u knw ur Plc is really a true beauty nw ;))

U mean the round light in study? There's 2 size and I chose the bigger one..actually the husband chose the bigger one when I felt the smaller size is sufficient..he scared not bright enough since there's only one light..it's from Phillips and we got it from Lightings.com.sg u can check their site or visit their showroom..

It's ok lei..not too big..else u can get the smaller size..

Thank you thank you =) good luck with your renovation too!

They do have LED downlight with cover but don't think they have the 2 tubes one..u can check the website first before gg down to the outlets? We had a pretty good experience with the Balestier outlet..very patient and attentive sales guy, we took like 2 hours to choose our lights although we didn't get that many..delivery was smooth, no hassel too..plus they were having 20% off Phillips lights..

Oh and the wood border of the light is interchangeable..one side is dark brown the other light brown..if u notice my initial pics its dark brown but I got them to flip it..

Yes. Yes.. ;) saw it.. Thank u!

Ya,hope to complete Reno soon so I start on wedding prep, wedding in Oct but still not progressing.. Panicking.

Oh and the wood border of the light is interchangeable..one side is dark brown the other light brown..if u notice my initial pics its dark brown but I got them to flip it..

Granite and solid top not much different. In fact, better quality solid top like LG is more ex than Indian granite.

Really? I didn't know. What about Samsung top? I'm doing solid top for my kitchen but wondering what brand is good and cheap. My current house solid black top turned totally white after months only.. Extremely bad quality

Yes. Yes.. ;) saw it.. Thank u!

Ya,hope to complete Reno soon so I start on wedding prep, wedding in Oct but still not progressing.. Panicking.

oh no, better try to hurry and plan the time you have..it is indeed difficult to get things moving especially when weekends are the only time available, weekdays can be too rushed..

my wedding's in January, and I'm already starting to panic because i did zero preparations. :unsure:

I also saw that light. The big one looks really huge to me leh n the staff said that's why the bigger one got better discount? But looks v matching with your floor.

hmm both was 20% discount with slight price difference..husband is used to down lights and his room has six..he was so skeptical that the small one was enough so we bought the bigger one..but it looks ok on the ceiling, don't find it too big.. :rolleyes:

Really? I didn't know. What about Samsung top? I'm doing solid top for my kitchen but wondering what brand is good and cheap. My current house solid black top turned totally white after months only.. Extremely bad quality

yea price can be similar, but i would say granite is a better choice since even expensive solid top will be scratched too..sigh..wonder how are they going to calculate that part..i hope they don't insist that pricing is same or that solid top is even more expensive don't give any discount for the mistake.. :bangwall:

Samsung is ok. But if you use solid surface then don't choose dark colour. It would show scratches easily, just like black tiles. If I want black then get granite since you can granite for 80-100 pfr. Samsung solid surface should be abt 100-120 pfr.

But if you want white then only solid surface or quartz gives you white. Quartz in the range of 170-2xx.

yea price can be similar, but i would say granite is a better choice since even expensive solid top will be scratched too..sigh..wonder how are they going to calculate that part..i hope they don't insist that pricing is same or that solid top is even more expensive don't give any discount for the mistake.. :bangwall:

My solid surface have very scratches and I cook like 3-4 times a week. And sometimes I lazy to use chopping board, I just cut directly on my solid surface. Very little scratches....and it have been more than 16 months and yet no stain. So if know how to take care, solid surface is quite good.

To me, choice of granite and solid surface depending on colour. If I want black then granite better. If I want white, since quartz way too ex ( doubled the price of solid surface) then I would choose solid surface instead.

oh no, better try to hurry and plan the time you have..it is indeed difficult to get things moving especially when weekends are the only time available, weekdays can be too rushed..

my wedding's in January, and I'm already starting to panic because i did zero preparations. :unsure:

hmm both was 20% discount with slight price difference..husband is used to down lights and his room has six..he was so skeptical that the small one was enough so we bought the bigger one..but it looks ok on the ceiling, don't find it too big.. :rolleyes:

I think I die die must get my lights by this weekend. Hope they still have the 20% discount. :unsure: Did you get your birdcage lamp from lighting.com too?

My solid surface have very scratches and I cook like 3-4 times a week. And sometimes I lazy to use chopping board, I just cut directly on my solid surface. Very little scratches....and it have been more than 16 months and yet no stain. So if know how to take care, solid surface is quite good.

To me, choice of granite and solid surface depending on colour. If I want black then granite better. If I want white, since quartz way too ex ( doubled the price of solid surface) then I would choose solid surface instead.

yes! totally agree..we wanted pure white for kitchen, so we went for solid top..someone offered quartz for like 110pft but i was skeptical..black for toilets so we wanted granite which was at a pretty good price and adds some 'class' with the shiny top and specks of gold in it..plus it doesn't scratch!

I think I die die must get my lights by this weekend. Hope they still have the 20% discount. :unsure: Did you get your birdcage lamp from lighting.com too?

we grabbed all our lights there, since all pendant lights were from taobao..birdcage lamp was from taobao for about $30..they have it from lighting.com too but it's more than double the price..