Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

Yes, they are different from start. You can engage your ID/contractor to wire up your new house. You need to research & plan what you want to achieve by having networking in your new place.

Quick start, have a read on my T-Blog. I did covered a fair write-up on the gadgets I had installed. :yamseng:

Hi OngCS, Thank you! My head very big big after reading all bros & sis post about network cables, router etc etc....I am still blur like sotong... I need help...:bow: :bow: :bow:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Newbie question: What does those red and blue (tape) markers in the toilet denotes? I can see it in your photos, and in others' as well.

The only logical thing I can think of is that it denotes hot and cold water pipe - but we don't usually have heated storage tank installed, so... :dunno:

The flexibility of installing either water heater in each washroom or 1 water storage heater in 1 washroom. That's all.

The taping gives a rough indication on the route of the pipes. Pretty common nowadays, have you been to HDB show flat? You will know what you had bought in your BTO exercise.

Hi OngCS, Thank you! My head very big big after reading all bros & sis post about network cables, router etc etc....I am still blur like sotong... I need help...:bow: :bow: :bow:

If you had tried to read BC/HA's issues, you will be confused further! Read what I had setup in my home if you shared the same as I roughly.

Ask yourself the 3Ws? Who, What & Where. Who will be using it? What you want to do vs your current practice? Where should you house them?

IT needs vary among individuals, there are some can live with it but not others. If you are the later, you got to plan before putting your thoughts into action. Cheers!

If you had tried to read BC/HA's issues, you will be confused further! Read what I had setup in my home if you shared the same as I roughly.

Ask yourself the 3Ws? Who, What & Where. Who will be using it? What you want to do vs your current practice? Where should you house them?

IT needs vary among individuals, there are some can live with it but not others. If you are the later, you got to plan before putting your thoughts into action. Cheers!

Thank you Ongcs. I sincerely appreciate your sharing and advise. Basically need normal usage for myself, streaming movies, downloading, my daughter's room, mobile wireless link without much disruption. I am owning a 3room resale flat.

Thank you Ongcs. I sincerely appreciate your sharing and advise. Basically need normal usage for myself, streaming movies, downloading, my daughter's room, mobile wireless link without much disruption. I am owning a 3room resale flat.

Ok, pretty straight forward for your case. Head front, just wired both rooms with LAN point each. In your living room, modem & router likely to be at your TV console zone. So your Lan point in your room should linked back to there & hook back up to your router.

Further, on streaming of movies, using media player or desktop/laptop? In your own room or living room?

If you had been in touch with ID/Contractor, show me your floor plan, designed by them of cause.

Edited by ongcs

The flexibility of installing either water heater in each washroom or 1 water storage heater in 1 washroom. That's all.

The taping gives a rough indication on the route of the pipes. Pretty common nowadays, have you been to HDB show flat? You will know what you had bought in your BTO exercise.

So my "logical" thinking is right then? Water pipes...

Yes, been to the HDB show flat 3 times (or was it more)?!?! Had some idea, but still it's not totally self explanatory there as well (either that or I was not looking very closely at this section!).

I guess to know where they had place those power and all other points, as well as switches, will be when we get the keys and go inspect. I should be there with either an ID or contractor, ready to decide the last minute details and when to start reno... :sport-smiley-004::notti:

Ok, pretty straight forward for your case. Head front, just wired both rooms with LAN point each. In your living room, modem & router likely to be at your TV console zone. So your Lan point in your room should linked back to there & hook back up to your router.

Further, on streaming of movies, using media player or desktop/laptop? In your own room or living room?

If you had been in touch with ID/Contractor, show me your floor plan, designed by them of cause.

media player?streaming? sorry I am nook to this. I am using laptop. My friend who is my contractor said must ask those open net people to do up mu LAN point. between will ask my friend again. he probably also don't understand what I am saying. Anyway you have lobang doing up the LAN point in the room. thanks Ongcs.

so I only need to purchase a ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router will do right? Thanks

Edited by Alex77

Hi Ongcs, now 715 vornado having discount at 79.99 compare to 660 at 109.99. In my mind, I thought 715 the newer model, shouldnt be expensive. Which 1 should i purchase? I want one powerful, windy, easy to clean, quiet.. low power comsumption. On the other hand, amazon is selling at $100 bucks http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-660-Air-Circulator-Speeds/dp/B0025QKUE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364968884&sr=8-1&keywords=vornado+660 thanks! bro :)

Edited by Alex77

So my "logical" thinking is right then? Water pipes...

Yes

media player?streaming? sorry I am nook to this. I am using laptop. My friend who is my contractor said must ask those open net people to do up mu LAN point. between will ask my friend again. he probably also don't understand what I am saying. Anyway you have lobang doing up the LAN point in the room. thanks Ongcs.

so I only need to purchase a ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router will do right? Thanks

Ok, if your modem & router will be in living room. Just make sure your TP & ONT is near your tv console, in case you want to add in media player. Media player allows you to watch downloaded video and watch it via your TV. If your budget allows, by all means, ASUS RT-AC66U, if no, Asus 56U will do decent in your house. I had covered earlier to Beejeebee on the differences between both models.

Hi Ongcs, now 715 vornado having discount at 79.99 compare to 660 at 109.99. In my mind, I thought 715 the newer model, shouldnt be expensive. Which 1 should i purchase? I want one powerful, windy, easy to clean, quiet.. low power comsumption. On the other hand, amazon is selling at $100 bucks http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-660-Air-Circulator-Speeds/dp/B0025QKUE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364968884&sr=8-1&keywords=vornado+660 thanks! bro :)

715 is bigger than 660. As such, in term of circulation power & comsumption of energy, outshined the latter. I chose 660 due to low comsumption of energy. :yamseng: Edited by ongcs

Ok, if your modem & router will be in living room. Just make sure your TP & ONT is near your tv console, in case you want to add in media player. Media player allows you to watch downloaded video and watch it via your TV. If your budget allows, by all means, ASUS RT-AC66U, if no, Asus 56U will do decent in your house. I had covered earlier to Beejeebee on the differences between both models.

Right. IC.. Oh I forget whats the differences. I will relook your post again. Thanks! :)

715 is bigger than 660. As such, in term of circulation power & comsumption of energy, outshined the latter. I chose 660 due to low comsumption of energy. :yamseng:

Erm...ok. Do you happen to know the power comsumption for 715 and 660? Thanks! :)

Erm...ok. Do you happen to know the power comsumption for 715 and 660? Thanks! :)

Not for 715, 660 roughly 55w, try to read spec sheet, just google for it. cheers! Edited by ongcs

Not for 715, 660 roughly 55w, try to read spec sheet, just google for it. cheers!

Thanks Ongcs! I did google, cant find the power comsumption for 715. I am just wondering 715 the newer model then why it is cheaper than 660 series. :dunno:

Thanks Ongcs! I did google, cant find the power comsumption for 715. I am just wondering 715 the newer model then why it is cheaper than 660 series. :dunno:

I'm not sure on that then. In fact, 715 does not mean it is newer than 660. x15 & x60 belongs to the series vornado had termed their products.