Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dapliew

Our New Home

nowadays got invisible window grills. :sport-smiley-004:

How much to put that up - ex right? I also heard some issues with it, it can slack after awhile.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Zhone

You are using which service provider?

How much to put that up - ex right? I also heard some issues with it, it can slack after awhile.

I got no idea, I never did mine. I didn't heard about it will slack, my friend did it. Pretty decent.

You are using which service provider?

I got no idea, I never did mine. I didn't heard about it will slack, my friend did it. Pretty decent.

Viewquest. Ex, but well, seems to be better than the 3 telcos.

So you also did not have window grills? Hmm... Wonder if we can do without it too - my unit will be rather high floor - but don't know if there is any "batman" or "spiderman" that can get in leh.

Viewquest. Ex, but well, seems to be better than the 3 telcos.

So you also did not have window grills? Hmm... Wonder if we can do without it too - my unit will be rather high floor - but don't know if there is any "batman" or "spiderman" that can get in leh.

close your windows lo, I only did my service yard. That's it.

closeup

p1010944s.jpg

Nice! You really climb lo :thumbs up:

Very nice taken!! By your Panasonic cam? The cisco is router ah?

yup, my panasonic and added in the rest via PS...the cisco is my router, yes...i like this model cos dun hv those antenna thingies... :sport-smiley-004:

ya... u said u wanted closeup so i v guai lor :notti: :notti:

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: only you got Fibre mah

Very nice taken!! By your Panasonic cam? The cisco is router ah?

DSLR leh, :dribble:

yup, my panasonic and added in the rest via PS...the cisco is my router, yes...i like this model cos dun hv those antenna thingies... :sport-smiley-004:

My office using these, they are good. Value for $, easy to configure, but for wider coverage, I prefers Asus, the one with 3 big antenna.

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: only you got Fibre mah

DSLR leh, :dribble:

My office using these, they are good. Value for $, easy to configure, but for wider coverage, I prefers Asus, the one with 3 big antenna.

ehhh, i was using my semi-pro the panasonic lumix lx7 leh...can't be bothered to bring out the dslr...:D

Yes, if you had did this placement, the signal definitely improves. If possible, never near major electrical devices, ie TV, when near the TV panel, it will affects the waves emitting out of the router. Place your router at high level above your TV console panel if you had planned some shelfs/opened cabinets will do, for your MIO Box, it is ok to be on the console. Do note that, the router will be also near your LAN point at level 1 which grants internet access to LAN point in level 2.

Is your mio box at your current place, 2 in 1 aka broadband & telephone line package? If yes, that is tricky, you can check with Singtel whether they allows seperate modem for broadband & telephone line. However, if your MIO box provides broadband & the phone in your living room wired to phone point are seperated, it should not have any issues. Unless you are using cordless phone, when placed near TV, some interferences can't be avoided.

click on it Hot Plug aka Powerline

If possible, get a router & configured it as AP aka Access Point. WIFI repeater much easier to configure. Plug & play device. Whichever your budget allows.

Thanx ongcs. :good: I learnt some new things today. :yamseng:

My LAN point, phone point and electrical point at level one will hide inside my TV console. My TV will be wall-mount and all wires are hide inside the feature wall. Guess I can only place my Singtel MIO box with a router on the TV console as we did not planned any shelve on the feature wall. With this configuration, my level one should able to get wireless access, correct? As for my level two, I need to either another router or repeater to put it inside our master bedroom, then level two able to get wireless access, tio boh? Paiseh.. This student very 麻烦..

Yalor, my current place is 2 in 1 aka broadband & telephone line package and I am using cordless phone and place it beside the TV. Modem inside master bedroom. Ok, nowI know why phone got interferences le.. Thanx.. Thanx.. :good:

Thanx ongcs. :good: I learnt some new things today. :yamseng:

My LAN point, phone point and electrical point at level one will hide inside my TV console. My TV will be wall-mount and all wires are hide inside the feature wall. Guess I can only place my Singtel MIO box with a router on the TV console as we did not planned any shelve on the feature wall. With this configuration, my level one should able to get wireless access, correct? As for my level two, I need to either another router or repeater to put it inside our master bedroom, then level two able to get wireless access, tio boh? Paiseh.. This student very 麻烦..

Yalor, my current place is 2 in 1 aka broadband & telephone line package and I am using cordless phone and place it beside the TV. Modem inside master bedroom. Ok, nowI know why phone got interferences le.. Thanx.. Thanx.. :good:

Yup, that's right. :thumbs up: again, plse look at Amazon/Taobao for bargain buys. Have fun on your renovation. :sport-smiley-004: either mine or Kim76's T-Blog.

Can hit me when unsure, post here, I will reply with my best efforts, for others to read as well.

ehhh, i was using my semi-pro the panasonic lumix lx7 leh...can't be bothered to bring out the dslr...:D

:jawdrop: I wanna buy dslr, but not now. Maybe next year :sport-smiley-004: