Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMRENO

Reno@towner

Are you planning to do anything with the space below your staircase, like box up to be a store.

No i'm not. Most probably will leave it open for my children playing corner.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No i'm not. Most probably will leave it open for my children playing corner.

hmmm, probably a good choice. I am having second thoughts whether to do up mine. :unsure:

I'll go for more storage... you really need a store to hide all the ugly daily living stuff like vacuum, etc. Such an eyesore when they are in the open. When the kids are grown up, you may end up using the area under the stairs to store stuff anyway, so why not cover it up? Kids are flexible lar. EMs are already much bigger than average - plenty of space to play.

Pity you are not keeping the 'fishbone'. I really like it!

06%20Staircase.png

I'll go for more storage... you really need a store to hide all the ugly daily living stuff like vacuum, etc. Such an eyesore when they are in the open. When the kids are grown up, you may end up using the area under the stairs to store stuff anyway, so why not cover it up? Kids are flexible lar. EMs are already much bigger than average - plenty of space to play.

Pity you are not keeping the 'fishbone'. I really like it!

06%20Staircase.png

Love this stair! If you are keeping the fishbone design, i suggest you dont build storage below it. The beauty of fishbone is it open up the space and brings in natural lights to your living area.

To be honest, i would love to keep them. But the safety of my two children tells me otherwise, if you look closer, the gap between my steps is rather wide. I will have to close this gap, instead of fishbone. Now will be like an accordian, not sure if i use the right reference. :unsure:

Love this stair! If you are keeping the fishbone design, i suggest you dont build storage below it. The beauty of fishbone is it open up the space and brings in natural lights to your living area.

I suggested the storage cos he doesn't seem to be keeping the fishbone... If he's going to cover up the stairs, might as well extend a bit and get the storage space.

I honestly think the fishbone stairs will be an arresting design feature when it's renovated. People are willing to pay thousands to achieve a design feature like this, so it's such a pity! Plus it'll really be great for giving a sense of space and for air circulation to the hall. I know if my place had came with the fishbone, I would have sacrificed storage space to keep the stairs.

Is this from a shop at 2nd level of IFC? I also choose the same one... with a little modification... but now a bit regret... thinking of getting something else. :bangwall:

My sofa, but will be a right configuration in beige leather.

Sofapurchased.jpg

Is this from a shop at 2nd level of IFC? I also choose the same one... with a little modification... but now a bit regret... thinking of getting something else. :bangwall:

I believe so, what's wrong? What did u do?

Nothing to do with the modification.. haha.. I have length restriction due to the placement of my sofa, so the boss suggested to keep the left half of the sofa and do a mirror image of the left armrest on the right. I regretted not for the modification but design of the sofa... now prefer something else. :P

I believe so, what's wrong? What did u do?

To be honest, i would love to keep them. But the safety of my two children tells me otherwise, if you look closer, the gap between my steps is rather wide. I will have to close this gap, instead of fishbone. Now will be like an accordian, not sure if i use the right reference. :unsure:

How old are your children?? Mine are 5 & 2 and i also scare although mine is not fishbone.. But i think i will not let the younger one go up without adult around and Im getting the safety gate too.

Edited by jshome

I suggested the storage cos he doesn't seem to be keeping the fishbone... If he's going to cover up the stairs, might as well extend a bit and get the storage space.

I honestly think the fishbone stairs will be an arresting design feature when it's renovated. People are willing to pay thousands to achieve a design feature like this, so it's such a pity! Plus it'll really be great for giving a sense of space and for air circulation to the hall. I know if my place had came with the fishbone, I would have sacrificed storage space to keep the stairs.

I suggested storage for my house too, at least can hide all their toys when they are guests, but my SO dont like it, he says its a potential trap for getting MORE toys! :bangwall:

I like this.. Very neat storage.

StairStorage.jpg

How old are your children?? Mine are 5 & 2 and i also scare although mine is not fishbone.. But i think i will not let the younger one go up without adult around and Im getting the safety gate too.

Mine are 2yrs and 5mths, elder one used to stairs without the gap and is the kan Cheong type.

Finally got time to update this blog, my reno work is into its 9th day since 30th April excluding the weekends. Everything went well, except that we ask to hack off a portion of newly laid wall tiles which we find not suitable. Oh not forgetting that the tiler comment that the floor tiles for the living are not good (warp beyond acceptable limit). Have to rush down to reselect another, in order not to hold up the process. On a lighter note, :D the chairs and the "dyson" bladeless fan i have ordered from Qoo10 arrived and it looks good.

The new windows are up

IMG-20120511-WA0003.jpgIMG-20120511-WA0004.jpgIMG-20120510-WA0005.jpgIMG-20120510-WA0007.jpg