Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnTheRoad

1 Roof, 3 Generations

My terrace decking...

We were going to engage Morganwu to install a Balau deck, he happened to have some stocks to clear...then one day he called to tell me about one of his master installers leaving his company to do freelance, the stocks will still be supplied from his company. With his strong recommendation & a good price for Burmese teak, we agreed to be Zheng Shifu's 1st customer.

Zheng Shifu going about his work, arranging the teak pieces to bring out the best of the grains in a "brick" style.

img3034k.jpg

Closeup of the teak. Each piece is wider than the usual used for decks, thanks to Morgan & Zheng Shifu.

img3050u.jpg

Teak on Balau frame... unfortunately, this is as good as it gets for now.

img3049w.jpg

1st coat of finishing on a portion of the deck... I had grown to love the original natural raw tone & feel (bottom part) so kinda regretted choosing to finish it.

img3126p.jpg

Now we're waiting for the 2nd coat, post the complete deck when its done. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice decking :dancingqueen:

Tks casa! Besides hugging my parquet, I wld also need to hug the decking liao...haha. Can't wait to put my rattan chairs aft the 2nd coat next wk.

Tks casa! Besides hugging my parquet, I wld also need to hug the decking liao...haha. Can't wait to put my rattan chairs aft the 2nd coat next wk.

its so nice, no wonder you want to hug it to sleep. hahahaha.....

I had originally wanted blinds but due to budget & time, went for curtains instead... glad it turned out nice. Fabric material is good & no need to iron. Service was prompt, installation smooth & quick. I believe I price is reasonable too altho I didnt really compare cos it's my aunt's regular curtain supplier & my parents recommend him as well. I would recommend them for curtains & PVC blinds. :thumbs up:

img3046r.jpg

hi, can share the company who did the decking. Tks.

Hi star70, u can approach Morganwu in this forum, his company does decking & parquet. Email is Morganwu@evergreenforest.com.sg.

Your windows are huge. Curtains will look nicer.

Yeah u're right. But the blinds are really nice too, adds class to the room & low maintenance. Chk it out if u hv chance, it's PVC ones.

the decking really looks pretty! and i like your dining table, especially the legs..where did u get it?

Hi there, tks! :)

The table ah, looks nice but quality is not good, laminate peels easily & legs dent easily. So I won't recommend le & won't mention company name here. I am pending the furniture company to revert on their remedial actions actually.

U can chk out Koda at Defu for their great looking dining tables made of solid wood tho. compared to mine made of mdf, KOda's are a better buy. ;)

Edited by OnTheRoad