Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chynaho

Makeover For 30 Year Old Home In Marine Parade

If money is not an issue, hack all and change everything brand new at a big hole in your wallet. :yamseng:

Yup going to hack quite a bit but we are preserving the toilet and bathroom so it's more user friendly. :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on your coming wedding! The house really needs a total revamp. What kind of style are you going for? Looking forward to your reno!

Thanks Topsy for the well-wishes! We are looking forward to both the wedding and our revamped place. Looking at simple and functional furnishing with a colour theme of black, white and grey :yamseng:

Before the reno

The Friday before, Id went around to inform the neighbours above, below and next door that we would be renovating the house. This was a polite move, and only logical since they would eventually come to know of the renovation works through the noise. This is something hb and I didn't think of.

Complication

The only lol moment was that an auntie living below said that she took leave the few days hacking was on. :bow: :bow: :bow: Funny, how would we know that she's taking leave?

Here's what my id designed for my kitchen. It's based on a black, white and grey theme. There are some minor changes to the full-height unit, as we would be making it flushed with the kitchen top. :yamseng:

KIT_1.jpg

Tiles we chose for the house...mainly in shades of grey and white as we wanted a simple and clean look.

Living Room Tiles

600 by 600 homogenous tiles

IMG_1346.jpg

Kitchen Wall and Floor

300 by 600 tiles

IMG_1344.jpg

Our bathroom and toilet tiles (the white tiles for both are slightly different)

Wall: 300 by 600

Floor: 300 by 300

IMG_1345.jpg

The 3D looks clean and sleek! What are you going to put next to the full height cabinet? Is that where the rubbish chute is?

Is this marine terrace area? I was so used to the kitchen in this style.. I miss the place so much. It's just so convenient. That time there was no cinema yet but now with kallang 122, you can literally enjoy the area all year round.

Topsy: Yes the full-height cabinet would help to hide the rubbish chute. Hb said it would be his new detention spot when he's naughty. :sport-smiley-004:

Piknik: Yes, this is the marine terrace area. Love the size of the kitchen. In fact, I believe it would be my favourite spot in the house. Id suggested an L-shaped layout initially. In the end, we decided to have the kitchen cabinets on one side of the wall instead. Would be very much sleeker and neater.

Day 1 - Hacking

I'll let the pictures do the talking. The flat seems to be slowly transforming into a warzone.

Kitchen tiles gone

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

Living Room; Semi-hacked

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

Edited by chynaho

Day 2

The tiles have arrived!! So happy to see the tiles stacked at the unloading bay... :good::good::good:

We took the tiles from 3 companies. Hence the 3 different stacks you see below.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo6.jpg

Day 3

We arrived at our home, surprised to see 2 huge mounds of sand...one in the living room and another in the kitchen.

This is in the kitchen.

IMG_1350.jpg

This is in the living room.

IMG_1332.jpg

All debris have been removed.

IMG_1348.jpg

I must say that I'm impressed by the process so far. One thing though, hb is not too happy with the fact that the plaster on the kitchen walls were not removed and the toilet and bathroom floors were not totally hacked. We gave this feedback to id. She was indeed responsive (as promised) and added that she would reapply for a permit and ask the hackers to come back to hack these areas. :good::good::good:

Before I end off, I just discovered that that hb's flat allows for a teeny weeny view of the sea.

IMG_1355.jpg

Edited by chynaho