Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

Minerat, nice lights. btw did you install the cables up to level 3, my friend said even with wireless router, level 3 cannot receive internet signal very well? i wonder how much it will cost? :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Minerat, nice lights. btw did you install the cables up to level 3, my friend said even with wireless router, level 3 cannot receive internet signal very well? i wonder how much it will cost? :unsure:

My internet is with singtel and I have a phone point at the level 3 study area where I intend to place the modem. Not sure about signal strength but I believe there is an adapter that can boost wireless strength by plugging into a power socket. I haven't tried it before though but seen them on sale at challenger.

My internet is with singtel and I have a phone point at the level 3 study area where I intend to place the modem. Not sure about signal strength but I believe there is an adapter that can boost wireless strength by plugging into a power socket. I haven't tried it before though but seen them on sale at challenger.

Particularly for landed or condo (where it is normal to find concealed cabling) that you are renovating, I will suggest that you plan for NGN carefully. NGN stands for Next Generation Network, on which all signals for telephony, TV media, interenet, gaming etc shall be delivered.

Fibre optic cabling is required to to connect from the provider's switch outside the premise to the house. Where this fibre optic cable terminates in the house, ethernet cabling is used to distribute the signals to the various outlets within the house. This ethernet cabling required CAT 6, to facilitate IPv6. CAT 6 cable is more expensive than CAT 5e, so you should make sure that it is actually installed by the electrician.

And because ethernet is point-to-point, it means that if you have 8 outlets within the house, then there will be 8 CAT 6 cables ended at the fibre optic terminal point. They then inter-connect through the modem plus a router which you have to buy. So there you can see the need to also find a way to house these modem, router, cables properly.

This is the scenario for SingTel, where the TV set-top is connected using the CAT 6 cable.

If you are a Starhub subscriber, please check with them as I believe that they are still using the coaxial cable to connect to TV.

Please take note that connectivity using the power cabling, as described by Minerat, the signal strength is insufficient to run the TV resulting in hanged screen regularly.

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer

When I was shopping for mattress, I realised that the same model of mattress (Sealy Monte Carlo) which I bought 10 years ago at Robinson, is still on sale there today, albeit at $900 more expensive!! Wow!! Speaks volume about the quality of this model!!! :sport-smiley-003:

Wood panels and gate repainted. Now looks like new liao

pic000143.jpg

pic000142.jpg

Dining wall.

pic000145.jpg

I must say that the painters are very good people. When I came by i noticed he was painting one of the rooms but the windows were all closed. Needless to say the smell of the paint was pretty bad for health. I asked him to open up some windows but he said he doesn't want the paint to get dust specks or dirt from the wind while it's wet. I was like.... :good:

Wah your reburbished gate looks nice lei...I was planning to change my louya gate into something like yours.. :good:

Day 33 (11 Sep 2012)

A few more things were up today. Lightings for first floor fully done. Ceiling fan also mounted. Master bedroom lights also done....enjoy the pics!

pic000164.jpg

pic000167.jpg

pic000169.jpg

Just my thought.

A typical landed refurbishment that, unfortunately, represented a missed opportunity for creativity.

An expensive house that looks rather ordinary refurbished but there are HDB renovations in this forum that inspired. It is the amount of thinking, styling that really makes the different in the result.

Cheers!