Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Minerat

Journey Of My Minaret Walk

I've checked the other compressors and they all insulate right into the compressor. Only the new one I installed didn't. ****..still trying to pull a fast one over me! :furious:

Thank goodness you are observant.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Spoken to the aircon person and they will come and fix it. She thought that I was referring to why the insulated pipings were exposed and that was what she's referring to as normal practice. The picture was too small for her to pick out what's wrong until I emailed her.

Spoken to the aircon person and they will come and fix it. She thought that I was referring to why the insulated pipings were exposed and that was what she's referring to as normal practice. The picture was too small for her to pick out what's wrong until I emailed her.

Thank you for sharing on this. will check mine aircon set when they come down to install.

Sorry, but the entire bundle should be properly bracketed (normally using PVC) and secured. The opening to the compressor should be covered. This is standard installation that one can expect even for HDB. Nicer to look at and not creating an eyesore to the neighbors.

Probably the only places that I have seen done this way are at the old shop houses along Jalan Besar, Balestier etc.

The insulation just will not last longer this way, turning brittle when exposed to the local weather.

Cheers!

Edited by Lauer

Sorry, but the entire bundle should be properly bracketed (normally using PVC) and secured. The opening to the compressor should be covered. This is standard installation that one can expect even for HDB. Nicer to look at and not creating an eyesore to the neighbors.

Probably the only places that I have seen done this way are at the old shop houses along Jalan Besar, Balestier etc.

The insulation just will not last longer this way, turning brittle when exposed to the local weather.

Cheers!

Thanks. I will check with the aircon person. Problem was all other aircons in my house were also done in this way, ie those done by previous owner. The pipings were not covered in PVC.

Thanks. I will check with the aircon person. Problem was all other aircons in my house were also done in this way, ie those done by previous owner. The pipings were not covered in PVC.

Can pay them a bit to cover the rest, if you wish. I am sure that your neighbors will appreciate the gesture.

I have even screened my whole compressor from view, LOL.

Cheers!

Can pay them a bit to cover the rest, if you wish. I am sure that your neighbors will appreciate the gesture.

I have even screened my whole compressor from view, LOL.

Cheers!

Screening is good but make sure not too close and the gap not too small, the fan needs to discharge the hot air out in order to cool the refrigerant. Too close a cover or too small a gap will cause 'short-circuiting' of hot air, then yr compressor will work harder and not so efficient. Affecting the indoor aircon temp.

Edited by jumbopanther

Screening is good but make sure not too close and the gap not too small, the fan needs to discharge the hot air out in order to cool the refrigerant. Too close a cover or too small a gap will cause 'short-circuiting' of hot air, then yr compressor will work harder and not so efficient. Affecting the indoor aircon temp.

Tio.

Wah, you are architect arh?

Enjoy!

After moving in for 2 weeks or so, the first serious problem surfaced. We noticed that the parquet flooring in my brother-in-law's room was wet and rotting. After some investigation, including flooding the toilet, we've concluded that the problem lies with the aircon. It seems that water is leaking into the parquet flooring when the aircon is turned on. The aircon was the previous owner's, which we didnt change but we did change the discharge pipe that runs through the toilet, when we hacked the toilet. ID has been very responsive and cooperative, good after sales service! :thumbs up:

Tomorrow we are having an onsite meeting with the tiler, parquet and hacking contractors. Likely we will need to hack away the toilet floor, wall and parquet to diagnose and rectify the problem. What a bummer.... :bangwall:

After moving in for 2 weeks or so, the first serious problem surfaced. We noticed that the parquet flooring in my brother-in-law's room was wet and rotting. After some investigation, including flooding the toilet, we've concluded that the problem lies with the aircon. It seems that water is leaking into the parquet flooring when the aircon is turned on. The aircon was the previous owner's, which we didnt change but we did change the discharge pipe that runs through the toilet, when we hacked the toilet. ID has been very responsive and cooperative, good after sales service! :thumbs up:

Tomorrow we are having an onsite meeting with the tiler, parquet and hacking contractors. Likely we will need to hack away the toilet floor, wall and parquet to diagnose and rectify the problem. What a bummer.... :bangwall:

oh dear! really serious problem! Hope it gets rectified soon.

oh dear! really serious problem! Hope it gets rectified soon.

Hi Minerat, I just got to read your blog today and is really amazed by the stories you shared on moving on to your current house. Congrates! Also you have been very generous with information sharing and its helps as I will also be moving to a landed terrace that is already 46 years old. Alot of intensive work to be done to my new home. Already spent so much $$$ on the house and now got to work on a budget to do up the place :)

If discharge pipe is new, then I am surprise it leaks. The discharge pipe runs across the room floor beneath the parquet? Any insulation? Usually, aircon drain pipe should go direct to toilet floor trap immediately or as short as possible for connection, Not good to run across room embedded in screed unless no choice. Another way is to penetrate through slab below and run above the false ceiling of the floor below, easier for check and repair.

One other solution to minimize hacking, do a new drain pipe, just repair the parquet.