Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eamesarco

乐*福宅

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Overall we are quite happy with the layout and the conditions of the unit with few minor defects which had been rectified by BSC.

However there are 4 areas in the design definately could be better (as wish) :jawdrop:

1. The "jail bar" grills installed in our MBR

2. The tiles colour choice in MBR bathroom and living room

3. The L-shape sewege pipe in the kitchen

renokitchenpipe.jpg

4. Kopi Tiam looked vanity top in MBR bathroom

renombrbathroom.jpg

Most of the reno cost will go into our carpentry.

Our main objective is to have sufficient storage space and yet achieve spacious feel. So far had decided to have white/black/wood theme at the living room.

1. One full height cabinet beside TV instead of normal console. Feel that it allows us to have more storage space and yet slightly cheaper than console;

2. No TV feature wall as to keep it simple and save cost;

3. The L-shape sewege pipe in the kitchen

renokitchenpipe.jpg

4. Kopi Tiam looked vanity top in MBR bathroom

renombrbathroom.jpg

The sewage pipe is really quite a bad design.

Either to hide it with your kitchen cabinet or to make it stand out!

I have the same kind of vanity top except it is much longer.

We are getting rid of it!

Edited by ahlipz

The sewage pipe is really quite a bad design.

Either to hide it with your kitchen cabinet or to make it stand out!

I have the same kind of vanity top except it is much longer.

We are getting rid of it!

Hi ahlipz,

If box it up I think the corner part will be very bulky :dunno: ... and no point to build top cabinet there as well (wastage)

Do you have any suggestion on how to make it stand out?

Initially plan to hack MBR bathroom to have open concept (of course HDB not allow lah...)

Thus will not use it for shower but more like "powder room" as the space in our MBR is quite small. I guess it will be less maintenance if keep it dry. :notti:

As for common toilet, will shift the basin near to the entrance and just in front of WC. This will allow to have more room for showering.

Hope it is a good arrangement....

Initially plan to hack MBR bathroom to have open concept (of course HDB not allow lah...)

Thus will not use it for shower but more like "powder room" as the space in our MBR is quite small. I guess it will be less maintenance if keep it dry. :notti:

As for common toilet, will shift the basin near to the entrance and just in front of WC. This will allow to have more room for showering.

Hope it is a good arrangement....

I noticed that your rooms have no bay window...unlike mine :furious: Dammed the bay window now I hardly can squeeze in my bed.

Congrats to u on your new house :yamseng:

Post more pics to share

I noticed that your rooms have no bay window...unlike mine :furious: Dammed the bay window now I hardly can squeeze in my bed.

Congrats to u on your new house :yamseng:

Post more pics to share

Hi Casa,

Thank you for dropping by my site :sport-smiley-018:

In fact I do have bay window. Fortunately, it has a recess area for wardrobe (about 6ft). If only Queen bed, it still have decent space to move around.

renobaywindow.jpg

After putting my most favourite lounge chair (and also commonly used by a lot people) at the living room, suddenly realize I will not have enough space for the two seater sofa (160cm) I ordered :dunno:

Planning for 70cm allowance initially for this lounge chair but oversight that I need to place it slanted and leave some room for it to swivel.....

I think noboby will put this kind of chair in a 3 room flat. I just can't help but fall in love with it many many years ago when I saw it despite space constraint. Of course this is a replica (where got so much money to buy the origin). :P

eameschair.jpg

Hi Casa,

Thank you for dropping by my site :sport-smiley-018:

In fact I do have bay window. Fortunately, it has a recess area for wardrobe (about 6ft). If only Queen bed, it still have decent space to move around.

renobaywindow.jpg

U only have 1bay window and its consider good coz I see u stil have lots of walking space

Now coming to think of my bay window makes me :furious: Hope to c more of your reno pics :yamseng:

Had finally decided to have one full height cabinet at the entrance (in between main door and kitchen entrance). It will function as shoe cabinet and built-in oven.

20120127145605.jpg

And our dining table will be placed next to it. Hopefully we can have better walk way without much obstacle from main door to living room or from living room to kitchen...

I quite like below arrangement. Simple and neat which suit our small living room. But my Queen dislikes and said not practical and not comfortable to sit for long when watching TV show. What do you think?

renochairs.jpg

Edited by eamesarco

Would like to turn our living room's window frame into white colour. Can anyone to share what is the best method to achieve?

As for the skirting, would like to paint white too. :paint:

Edited by eamesarco

Aircon installation completed with one single split and system 2 inverter

Transfer old fancoin from current home and installed at our new home.

aircon2.jpg

Trunking run inside common toilet

aircon1.jpg

Space just nice to accommodate two units of compressor

airconi.jpg

Edited by eamesarco

Aircon installation completed with one single split and system 2 inverter

Transfer old fancoin from current home and installed at our new home.

aircon2.jpg

Trunking run inside common toilet

aircon1.jpg

Space just nice to accommodate two units of compressor

airconi.jpg

Good progress hope to c more reno pics :yamseng: