Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pacificblue

Pd Door

Some IDs suggest using swing door for the kitchen door. But one of my friend told me his kitchen swing door becomes loose over the years. I'm afraid of such issue also as the door is glass. He suggest I go for PD door. Anyone can feedback on this kind of door?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Some IDs suggest using swing door for the kitchen door. But one of my friend told me his kitchen swing door becomes loose over the years. I'm afraid of such issue also as the door is glass. He suggest I go for PD door. Anyone can feedback on this kind of door?

Hi pacificblue,

PD doors can be so called invented and manufactured in Singapore. Main idea to this type of door is the amount of space saving ba as it's movement is half that of normal swing doors. The sliding part is also trackless or railess as it's hidden - easier maintenance. Over the years, our homes are getting smaller and smaller. Can easily see when you compare old to new flats. Mainly due to land scarcity in Singapore.

As for the getting loose part, I would say all equipments will eventually come to be like this ba. The key i believe is to prevent and maintaining them to make them last longer:) and of cuz check the warranty the supplier is giving cuz sometimes is really faulty equipments la hahaz.

Check out this 2 websites. Quite a handful of info on Swingslide doors or PD doors as many call them.

http://www.pddoor.com/

http://www.swingslide.com.sg/

Cheers,

Mike

Pd doors or swing slide door do have glass panels but expensive.1 thing good about this door it swing open 180* unlike other doors 90*

Do go their shop and check it out