Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsLoo

Our 2Nd Home - Downgrader To Hdb 3A Resale

This is the feel which I'm looking for when we went Koh Samui this June.

IMG_0810a.jpg

I'm still thinking should I combine industrial look and modern resort. :sport-smiley-018:

You have a 3RM. Space is 'smaller' Try to keep it brighter and lighter. Pic shows dark floor with even darker furniture, these will make your place look smaller. Look for lighter shade indus/ resort design.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

may, your house simple???? if your house is considered simple then i think mine is the most simplest simple...haha..

:blink: Simple house can still go on TV somemore. hehe.

when you see in real life, then you will realised its very simple loh.... because its simple, then easier to go on tv cos not much complicated things so they can do whatever they want. hahaaha.... :notti:

It has been a while coming into RT forum. Recently busy with moving office and my own house, finally everything been settled. Handed the keys on 28th Sept, feeling abit sad, our first house for 8 years. Now, waiting patiently for my keys to come on the 29th Oct then can start my renovation and have a place of our own. Now staying at my mum's place is very inconvenient, imagine 6 people in a 3 room flat. :jawdrop:

Exams coming this Sunday, still not prepare yet. Yesterday went over to my new house with a contractor to do site measurement. Have not collect keys yet, so have to trouble seller agent to meet us. Initially we thought owner will still keep the SP service since we still have a week before completion, who knows, :jawdrop: complete darkness. No choice but to use our HP flash light to see.

Staying at the top floor is not gd for water pressure, contractor said that my rain shower will become rain drizzle, so it's either I fix a booster or change the water pipe.

Received the quotation today, :~:bangwall: seriously I did not know that overhauled a 3room flat can cost so much. But, it's not because the contractor chop my head but its my requirements and products which I requested.

Hubby saw the quote also start to nag at me, we thinking we seriously need to work out again.

If I'm going to calculate, renovation + furnishing total damaged = 50k. Haha, at first my friend renovated his flat at 56k, I thought he kana chopped but now I think it become the market rate.

Yes...my 3rm reno + furnishing cost about 51K...

So....is it normal. :jawdrop: Anyway, we decided to go with what we wanted. Now waiting for final quote and then the keys and then can start renovation.

Looking at the quotes I'm getting and the stuff I need to buy for the whole house, it's about 52-55k

Seriously all the packages which ID firms offer are the very very very basic quotes. For simple resale flat, those basic quotes already more than 30K and that's excluding electrical and aircon. Mine also around 55K including renovation and furnishing, hopefully we don't exceed 60K, else need to eat grass already. HDB 3 room flat with 60K reno...... :bangwall:

Exams coming this Sunday, still not prepare yet. Yesterday went over to my new house with a contractor to do site measurement. Have not collect keys yet, so have to trouble seller agent to meet us. Initially we thought owner will still keep the SP service since we still have a week before completion, who knows, :jawdrop: complete darkness. No choice but to use our HP flash light to see.

Staying at the top floor is not gd for water pressure, contractor said that my rain shower will become rain drizzle, so it's either I fix a booster or change the water pipe.

Received the quotation today, :~:bangwall: seriously I did not know that overhauled a 3room flat can cost so much. But, it's not because the contractor chop my head but its my requirements and products which I requested.

Hubby saw the quote also start to nag at me, we thinking we seriously need to work out again.

If I'm going to calculate, renovation + furnishing total damaged = 50k. Haha, at first my friend renovated his flat at 56k, I thought he kana chopped but now I think it become the market rate.

I have the same feeling too. I have started my renovation last week. But I leave all the renovation to the Id. As I have to concentrate on my kid's exam. She will let me know what she needs in advance and I will go n purchase. The most expensive is changing windows, doors n tiling.

Finally, I have photos to show. :sport-smiley-004:

Keys collected on 29th Oct, supposed to do final inspection with the seller before the collection but because I'm having exams so task my hubby to do inspection who knows the seller's agent not free so handover without inspection.

Yesterday took leave to settle the requirements with contractor and also went to view tiles, damned tiring. But the worse is the 'shock' which my seller left for me. :jawdrop: Very pissed, when I hand over my own flat I make sure the house is EMPTY before completion, and now this is what I get. Let the photos do the talking.

Living Hall

living4.jpg

living2.jpg

Smoke detector in living, there is another one in kitchen.

smoke.jpg

Curtains not removed :curse:

living.jpg

Selection of floor tiles

This is a very energy wasting project. Went to Ah Hood Road there viewed 4 shops for the tiles, alot tiles, alot of colours, alot of textures and alot of people. Initially, I thought I know what I'm looking for but after seeing so many tiles, I got confused and become indecisive. Spent nearly 3 hrs there still can't made up my mind.

After that, went to Kronotex showroom. The budget for the laminated flooring (12mm, AC5) has been decided not exceeding 3k but the series which I like cost about $9/psf and still I need to add extra skirting to my living room which cost me $2.50/psf. Total is more than 3.2K. I'm still discussing with hubby if we really want to go for it.

Side note: I brought back their samples, did a scratch test on it, the laminated board can get scratches and my bro is trying to convince me that laminated flooring is not lasting because of its composite. :dunno: How? Should I still consider this option? Have thought of using wood tiles but still despite the tiles look and feel like real laminated flooring but the grout can be ugly and also its cold, you can never get the 'warm' feel from wood.

Selection of floor tiles

This is a very energy wasting project. Went to Ah Hood Road there viewed 4 shops for the tiles, alot tiles, alot of colours, alot of textures and alot of people. Initially, I thought I know what I'm looking for but after seeing so many tiles, I got confused and become indecisive. Spent nearly 3 hrs there still can't made up my mind.

After that, went to Kronotex showroom. The budget for the laminated flooring (12mm, AC5) has been decided not exceeding 3k but the series which I like cost about $9/psf and still I need to add extra skirting to my living room which cost me $2.50/psf. Total is more than 3.2K. I'm still discussing with hubby if we really want to go for it.

Side note: I brought back their samples, did a scratch test on it, the laminated board can get scratches and my bro is trying to convince me that laminated flooring is not lasting because of its composite. :dunno: How? Should I still consider this option? Have thought of using wood tiles but still despite the tiles look and feel like real laminated flooring but the grout can be ugly and also its cold, you can never get the 'warm' feel from wood.

Hi Mrs Loo,

I feeling the same too. I like the warm feeling but people around me are discouraging me. My options are either tiles or laminated floor.