Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsLoo

Our 2Nd Home - Downgrader To Hdb 3A Resale

Hi Mrs Loo,

I feeling the same too. I like the warm feeling but people around me are discouraging me. My options are either tiles or laminated floor.

Accire,

I know how tedious is it to maintain laminated flooring and I'm prepared. Its just that I don't know if the price I'm paying is it value for money. Anyway, they only claimed scratch resistance, water resistance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This week need to finalize the quote, revised 3rd time already, each time the budget goes up. :~ I think after the renovation, I can't convince my hubby to move house again.

Things that need to buy still alot:

Johnson Suisse w/c & wash basin

Electrolux hood,hob & oven package

Kitchen sink & tap

Lightings

Toilet accessories

Storage heater

:dancingqueen: Money Money Money,Must be Funny, In the rich man's world....

Selection of floor tiles

This is a very energy wasting project. Went to Ah Hood Road there viewed 4 shops for the tiles, alot tiles, alot of colours, alot of textures and alot of people. Initially, I thought I know what I'm looking for but after seeing so many tiles, I got confused and become indecisive. Spent nearly 3 hrs there still can't made up my mind.

After that, went to Kronotex showroom. The budget for the laminated flooring (12mm, AC5) has been decided not exceeding 3k but the series which I like cost about $9/psf and still I need to add extra skirting to my living room which cost me $2.50/psf. Total is more than 3.2K. I'm still discussing with hubby if we really want to go for it.

Side note: I brought back their samples, did a scratch test on it, the laminated board can get scratches and my bro is trying to convince me that laminated flooring is not lasting because of its composite. :dunno: How? Should I still consider this option? Have thought of using wood tiles but still despite the tiles look and feel like real laminated flooring but the grout can be ugly and also its cold, you can never get the 'warm' feel from wood.

Hi,

Just to share, AC5 does not cost so much $9/sqft. My brother did his flooring also using AC5 at only $5.50/sqft and come with 15 years warranty for water,stain and abrasive. It also include supply and install which mean he did not pay extra for the skirting. Maybe you want to search for more option before deciding.

I agree with you the warm feeling. Especially if you have kids or elderly at home. i think laminate should be all good for them.

:D Today, went to new house to 'Dong Tu', still very confused, so many people giving different procedures. Just do whatever being taught, anyway I think its just a symbolic ritual.

Yesterday went to Hoe Kee at Genting Lane, so crowded. The sales simply no time to explain to us on the products but they are quite friendly though. We settled for a Blanco sink, Blanco kitchen faucet and Joven 25 litres storage heater, total damaged $800.

:D Today, went to new house to 'Dong Tu', still very confused, so many people giving different procedures. Just do whatever being taught, anyway I think its just a symbolic ritual.

Yesterday went to Hoe Kee at Genting Lane, so crowded. The sales simply no time to explain to us on the products but they are quite friendly though. We settled for a Blanco sink, Blanco kitchen faucet and Joven 25 litres storage heater, total damaged $800.

Hi Mrsloo

Congrates on atarting your reno. Im starting my reno mid of this month.

How much did you pay for the Joven 25l heater?

Hi Mrsloo

Congrates on atarting your reno. Im starting my reno mid of this month.

How much did you pay for the Joven 25l heater?

The storage heater is $245. I did not really compare price because no time to search around so just bought it together with the sink.

My contractor need me to confirm the dimension of the hood, hobs, oven etc by this week. Have waited for Gain City to call me on the Electrolux package but didn't. Ended up I called Harvey Norman and they can give me assurance, thus rushed down to MW right after work to buy the appliances.

EFT9460X.png

EOB31002X.png

EGG7436G.png

EMS2048X.png

My Blanco Pleon 8 Kitchen Sink

Blanco.jpg

Now I'm don't should I change the color of the sink to match my hobs then change my counter top to match both. :dunno:

My laminated flooring for bedrooms. Kronotex Mammut Series, I just love their texture. :sport-smiley-004:

2994-1.jpg

Hi Mrs Loo,

Care to share how much u pay for the laminated flooring?

Hi Mrs Loo,

Care to share how much u pay for the laminated flooring?

I was quoted $9.00/psf, total damaged more than 3.2k for 2 bedrooms n skirting for living room. Will try to nego for better price, hopefully. But I must said the quality is gd for 'wood' material. I took back the samples and did 'abusing' test on it, pour water on the grove, use hammer to knock, dropped keys, used keys to scratch.

Overall experience:

1. Pour water - Theirs are click guard system, thus when water pour in between the grout line, it will not go in. After I open up the board, they are still dry.

2. Hammering - We knocked very hard on the board, small dent but from far you can't see it.

3. Dropping keys - Nothing happened.

4. Keys scratching - When you see it near, the scratches are obvious and can't removed. But, when you see it far, not really noticeable.

Initially, we are on 2nd thought if we wana to get these but because we really like the texture, thus did the test to see how far can the material tolerate. I must said IMPRESSIVE. But, suggest you did the test yourself before committing.

Samsung having promotion now. We are getting this fridge RT5982BTBSL and free CBTL coffee machine. Though I wanted Nespresso machine, maybe should try if CBTL coffee nice or not.

RT5982BTBSL.jpg

Went to see the site yesterday, all tiles arrived and there was a worker putting the waterproof membrane for both toilets and will start the tiling soon. Looking at the progress, I think it is good, hopefully can hand over by end Dec.

Last week very busy, went to order Kronotex flooring, Johnson Suisse and Best Denki. Got good package from Johnson Suisse for their sanitary wares, total damaged $919 for 2 W/C, 1 semi-recessed basin, 1 wall-hung basin, top-up for soft-closing seat cover, chrome water trap.

The only unexpected was we had exceeded the budget for our Fridge and washing machine, total damaged $2900. :~

Oh ya, went Expo too, they have Mayer sale too, but since I had bought Electrolux, thus did not buy thing else from Mayer.

Which contractor did you finally get?

:sport-smiley-018: He is the contractor who renovated my office. Since I have built up rapport with him, so I just engaged him, btw he is my boss's friend. At least he bother to share his opinion with me, and for quotation wise, he is not the cheapest but I should say its slightly above average but for better quality.