Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsLoo

Our 2Nd Home - Downgrader To Hdb 3A Resale

Today, went to lighting.com.sg @ Jalan Bersah for the 2nd time. I must said their staffs are friendly and good customer service for both branches Balestier n Jalan Bersah. Spent 2 hrs there, total damage $677 for half the house, the track lights fittings were sold out, thus must wait for new stock. :good: Good customer service for Jason who served us. i think more my lighting will cost $1200 in total. over budget again. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yesterday was a busy day. Early morning must bring my boy to BC for his last class then me n hubby quickly rushed down to Asus Service Centre to repair our notebook, :jawdrop: opening hours from 11AM - 1PM but only 6 counters. The place is damned small and over crowded, hubby got agitated and said that he won't buy Asus products again. :furious:

Then after 2 hrs waiting time, we finished off and rushed to Hoe Kee to collect my storage heater. My contractor want the storage heater first but they don't deliver heater alone, thus must self collect. The best part is they told me that my sink will not come until late Dec which we can't afford to wait, thus our Salesman told us that they will give us the existing stock first and to be delivered on Monday. Seriously, hubby wasn't happy to collect the sink first because our flat is still in a mess.

Later, we went all the way to IMM to collect GROHE shower sets despite the thunder storm. Though they can deliver to site but hubby rather kept those in the car first rather than let them holding the stock.

We went to new house to put the heater and HDMI, Composite cables so that they can start work. The wall tiles for toilets, kitchen were half done because the tiler told us that the tiles are not enough, so my contractor is ordering for the stock to come in. At this stage, I only see that the waterproof membrane had been done for both toilets, wall tiles up half way, kitchen cabinet base constructed, running electrical points. :unsure: don't know at this kind of speed, can I get my house in Jan or not?

Went to our new house this morning @ 7.30AM. Taken some photos of the progress, so far the wall tiles have been done up and now starting to lay the floor tiles.

Lots of sands

Picture001a.jpg

Kitchen

Picture002a.jpg

Picture003a.jpg

The aircon trunking. When I saw this, I nearly fainted. :jawdrop: I asked my husband why he allowed such big trunking running behind the bed, then with a 5cm lobang behind to collect dust. He said the trunking is the smallest already, no choice but to look for my contractor for other options, so the only way is either change the bed frame or do a feature partition behind the bed frame to level because the bed frame is flat.

Picture007a.jpg

So far, I think the progress is quite on time, my contractor said he planned to complete by end Dec, :dancingqueen: . Yesterday, have another discussion with contractor to finalize the kitchen cabinet, bedroom tv cabinet and my dressing drawers and also a box up to hide my ugly aircon trunking. Our MBR suppose to be simple, end up hubby can't resist the temptation, bought a 40" SMART TV during SITEX @ $1299 but need to deliver on 5th Dec. Initially, he even wanted to get a 46", even Courts' staff strongly disagree. :furious: I told him that the house is not ready, very dangerous to put in new house and if to deliver to my mum's house, we do not have space already. No choice, but to nego with my mum to put in her room for the time being then later we will deliver ourselves. Boh liao right?

Bought Nippon Momento paint, thinking to DIY but hubby said I'm too busy where got time to do all this. Maybe I should ask my contractor to do the base for me and I find one good Sat to paint the wall myself. :notti:

Next week, we will have most of the stuffs deliver so that we can go on our holidays in a peaceful mind the week after. For this week, we still need to carry our lightings from lighting.com and also to source for our towel shelves and bars. Seriously, we are in favor of getting GROHE but they don't have something that suits us, so no choice I'm shortlisting to get from either Johnson Suisse or Hoe Kee.

By keeping track on what we have spent so far, we are spending too much already!!!!!I think I'm going to stay there and die there. :jail:

:yeah: Finally, the SALE for Landex is back, waited for months, everyday before go lunch will peep if they have any SALE going on and today, Yes! after back from lunch, I saw the big word SALE 30% + additional 10% for DBS card, immediately I told my boss I go see see look look, anyway the shop just below my office.

Why their products? Well, after I know this brand Luzerne, everytime when I dine in the restaurants or hotels, I will lift up their plates and bowls to see if they are from Luzerne. :rofl: You can say I siao, but I simply love them.

Total damaged for today: $117 after 40% discount - I got 4 large plates (24.5cm), 6 medium plates (22cm), 3 large bowls (22cm), 3 medium bowls (14.5cm), 3 Japanese soup spoons, 4 teacups & 4 saucers

Pros: Microwavable, Dishwashers proof :good:

Cons: Damned heavy - can trained muscles :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by MrsLoo

:yeah: Finally, the SALE for Landex is back, waited for months, everyday before go lunch will peep if they have any SALE going on and today, Yes! after back from lunch, I saw the big word SALE 30% + additional 10% for DBS card, immediately I told my boss I go see see look look, anyway the shop just below my office.

Why their products? Well, after I know this brand Luzerne, everytime when I dine in the restaurants or hotels, I will lift up their plates and bowls to see if they are from Luzerne. :rofl: You can say I siao, but I simply love them.

Total damaged for today: $117 after 40% discount - I got 4 large plates (24.5cm), 6 medium plates (22cm), 3 large bowls (22cm), 3 medium bowls (14.5cm), 3 Japanese soup spoons, 4 teacups & 4 saucers

Any photos?

Hi Mrs Loo,

Where this this place? I love Luzerne too. I got a few spoon from Robinson and love them so much!! :dribble:

Sale from when to when? Thanks!!

Hi Mrs Loo,

Where this this place? I love Luzerne too. I got a few spoon from Robinson and love them so much!! :dribble:

Sale from when to when? Thanks!!

At 70 Bendemeer Road, Postal code 339940. I forgotten to ask when the promotion ends but the last promotion was somewhere in June, now they start again. But I did not get their fine bone series, too ex already.

Edited by MrsLoo

At 70 Bendemeer Road, Postal code 339940. I forgotten to ask when the promotion ends but the last promotion was somewhere in June, now they start again. But I did not get their fine bone series, too ex already.

Thanks thanks!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

I see from their website that they close at 6pm. Sigh... I work at Joo Koon. By the time I rush down already too late...

I have to find some ways to sneak out then....

Thanks again.. :bow: :bow:

Thanks thanks!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

I see from their website that they close at 6pm. Sigh... I work at Joo Koon. By the time I rush down already too late...

I have to find some ways to sneak out then....

Thanks again.. :bow: :bow: