Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MrsLoo

Our 2Nd Home - Downgrader To Hdb 3A Resale

Y they never send me?! Angry...

Im looking for Bedlinen stuff too!

now you know already loh. so can go today... heheehe...... and don't tempt me with what you buy, ok? i already have 12 set of bedsheets.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

haha....I will go to Centrepoint de. Did you go in to c c look look?

i already trying to resist the temptation of going in lah. go in means sure will buy.... 8|

Which are the bedlinen brands to look out for? I know nuts about all these and my gf is even worse...lol

My friend told me to get at least 600 threadcounts...

Edited by Nexer

Which are the bedlinen brands to look out for? I know nuts about all these and my gf is even worse...lol

My friend told me to get at least 600 threadcounts...

you have to see:

1) your budget. the more ex the better lah...

2) how thick is your mattress. Some bedsheet cannot fit more than 10 inches high mattresses.

3) threadcounts. This is the tricky part... some are xxx threadcount per square inch but some are 10cm square. so the higher the better, of course.

4) material... mostly are 100% cotton. those with polyester, you can forget it. its like sleeping on paper, not soft at all. But 100% cotton have 100% cotton, 100% combed cotton, have 100% egyptian cotton. comb cotton are softer but of course more ex. egyptian cotton are hotel standard, best quality.... and 100% cotton, itself also have good quality one. you can touch it and feel it.

5) pattern - so many brands so many patterns.... so depends on what you like. those that have embroidery, will be more ex of course and some ppl like it, some don't. i don't like it.... darker colour looks nice but at the same time, because it uses dye, its generally not as soft. after a few washes, those darker colours will fade off then will not look as nice anymore. so i normall buy lighter colours.

you have to see:

2) how thick is your mattress. Some bedsheet cannot fit more than 10 inches high mattresses.

3) threadcounts. This is the tricky part... some are xxx threadcount per square inch but some are 10cm square. so the higher the better, of course.

4) material... mostly are 100% cotton. those with polyester, you can forget it. its like sleeping on paper, not soft at all. But 100% cotton have 100% cotton, 100% combed cotton, have 100% egyptian cotton. comb cotton are softer but of course more ex. egyptian cotton are hotel standard, best quality.... and 100% cotton, itself also have good quality one. you can touch it and feel it.

5) pattern - so many brands so many patterns.... so depends on what you like. those that have embroidery, will be more ex of course and some ppl like it, some don't. i don't like it.... darker colour looks nice but at the same time, because it uses dye, its generally not as soft. after a few washes, those darker colours will fade off then will not look as nice anymore. so i normall buy lighter colours.

Wow! U r really the expert !!

Is there a min threadcount u would recommend?

Any brands to recommend too?

I might try to make a trip down in the evening

you have to see:

Hahaha....My requirements worse. Because both me n hubby need bolster, so the only brand that has 2 bolster case is SINTEX and SHECADO. Last time, we only go for 100% cotton 320 thread count over $150 and that last me for 8 years. Now, because I have seen so many nice bedlinen from other brands that more than 1000 thread count but only 1 bolster, so I'm thinking to replace bolster with pillow instead. Maybe just like hotels loh, buy 4 big pillows.

Few months back, I bought a King size bedlinen 100% cotton 700 thread count @$170 (from Robinson)for my friend's house warming. The material can consider not bad le.

Afterall, like what May said loh, its still voice down to our pockets. My hubby will kill me if I'm going spend more than $300 just for 1 set of bedlinen. This time round, I promise myself to get at least 700 thread count. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh ya, actually Spot Light does sell nice bedlinen with 1000 thread count n price not bad but more for ang moh lah, they only got pillow cases in their quilt cover set.

Edited by MrsLoo

May_dream and MrsLoo are really expert :bow: What's good during Robinsons private sale? Got storewide discount or rebate? Maybe I should go apply ocbc robinsons card! :P I wanna buy Corelle dinnerware and TANGS (the only department store CC I have) doesn't have a huge selection of plain white ones.

May_dream and MrsLoo are really expert :bow: What's good during Robinsons private sale? Got storewide discount or rebate? Maybe I should go apply ocbc robinsons card! :P I wanna buy Corelle dinnerware and TANGS (the only department store CC I have) doesn't have a huge selection of plain white ones.

You should apply Robinson Card if you frequent patrons them. No SALE, their stuffs too atas, not worth buying but if got SALE, good :good: value for money. I got the card because of M&S, I buy their cookies often n got rebates n points.

http://www.robinsons.com.sg/2012/12/03/a-kind-of-magic-2/

Hahaha....My requirements worse. Because both me n hubby need bolster, so the only brand that has 2 bolster case is SINTEX and SHECADO. Last time, we only go for 100% cotton 320 thread count over $150 and that last me for 8 years. Now, because I have seen so many nice bedlinen from other brands that more than 1000 thread count but only 1 bolster, so I'm thinking to replace bolster with pillow instead. Maybe just like hotels loh, buy 4 big pillows.

Few months back, I bought a King size bedlinen 100% cotton 700 thread count @$170 (from Robinson)for my friend's house warming. The material can consider not bad le.

Afterall, like what May said loh, its still voice down to our pockets. My hubby will kill me if I'm going spend more than $300 just for 1 set of bedlinen. This time round, I promise myself to get at least 700 thread count. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh ya, actually Spot Light does sell nice bedlinen with 1000 thread count n price not bad but more for ang moh lah, they only got pillow cases in their quilt cover set.

hahaha... actually i also need 2 bolster cases. but i don't mind if its not in the set cos i need to differentiate the bolster i usually hug, and the bolster i sometimes use as pillow. i remembered buying another brand that also have 2 bolster cases... but now i cannot remember the brand. hahahaha... most of the time i also buy SINTEX lah... i like their patterns and the material not too bad. most importantly, the price also quite good... hehehehe....

but i think sintex don't have 700 threadcounts leh..... hhmmmmm should i go have a look? hahaha....

i like robinsons more than Tangs leh. i find the clothings in robinsons are nicer....

Don't think I'm able to go down to the sale today.

Roughly when is their next sale?

their private sales is only 2 times a year... before GSS and before christmas.

their private sales is only 2 times a year... before GSS and before christmas.

Then Isetan and Tangs have more frequent private sale. Robinsons before GSS one is usually in April or May?

Back from Robinson. Got myself 2 sets of Sintex bed linen ($167 each), 1 set of WMF pots ($109)n a ladle($35 before 20%), 3 Lock &Lock fridge jug 3L($25.90 before 20%). Total damage $479.

Sintex Queen quilt cover set 475 thread count UP:$699, after 70% discount is $167. :jawdrop: , I think they really know how to attract people to buy their 'SALE' items. At first wanted to get the 990 thread count Kinu brand but then after calculation 1 set alone cost more than $400, so decided to drop the idea. Actually 475 thread count is very comfortable already.

The sad thing is, I did not redeem my OCBC points for Robinson vouchers before I made the purchase, so no vouchers to use. I think I can redeem for about $100 based on my points.

Actually I should take leave to shop whole day. Hahaha

Bought too many heavy stuffs n car parked at Starhub Centre so we arrange for free delivery. :thumbs up: