Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

oops okok - dun worry - jiayou k? do u wan to call up hafary n see if they can sell the grout in little amounts? then u can mix n test =D

Thanks... Actually I went down last Sunday to Hafary, LSH and another shop that stretch. Confirm they don't sell grout, all referred me to Buildersmart, which unfortunately is not open on Sunday. Now my very kind colleague going to help me buy some color grout from the sources he has. But hopefully, after the contractor washes the floor, everything will look acceptable and I don't need to insist that they change the grout.

btw, I like your mbr bathroom. color theme very much like a spa and the "indent ledges" by the 2 sides are nice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks... Actually I went down last Sunday to Hafary, LSH and another shop that stretch. Confirm they don't sell grout, all referred me to Buildersmart, which unfortunately is not open on Sunday. Now my very kind colleague going to help me buy some color grout from the sources he has. But hopefully, after the contractor washes the floor, everything will look acceptable and I don't need to insist that they change the grout.

btw, I like your mbr bathroom. color theme very much like a spa and the "indent ledges" by the 2 sides are nice.

ooo wah ur colleague got contact to buy grout? =) so nice! ya.. if need to change grout it's really a headache.. cox got to dig out existing before putting in the new one..but if u dun like it den it's hard if u have to look at it and be upset everytime u see it o.o sounds like a potential dilemma.. but you might end up liking it too! *cross fingers*

n thanks~ it's a cosy feeling.. initially we chose contrasting colours.. (ivory + bronze + wooden floor tiles) but in the end chose this instead.. a bit worried that the tiles are a bit too dark.. i guess we will find out when the lights r up o.o and the toilet is small!!! rawrr if only HDB can give us bigger houses o.o =X

Rawrr.. one week without updates.. and the first update is not a good one =(

we went lights shopping over the last week at balestier and jalan besar to purchase the items that we needed..initially we wanted to buy track lights from Chan Huat (they have SOOO many shops! Just realised that a lot of the shops that we walked into in Balestier belonged to them lol) as they told us that they have a casing that can fit LED 8W 35degree bulb (this was the bulb we wanted as we wanted a floodlight effect more than spotlight).. so we were very surprised that when we went into Chan Huat this time round, they told us that it was miscommunication..we had wanted to leave at that point, but the salesman there kept selling to us all the items and speaking in rapid Mandarin until we gave in and bought the tracklights anyway (silly decision -_-)

after this buy, we went on to Jalan Besar and walked into Megaman, and found our ideal tracklight (with the bulb specifications of 8W floodlight).. at that point, we decided to call chan huat and request for an exchange and we went back on the same day to exchange to other items, but the shop was closing so we did a very fast exchange of items to some ceiling fixtures.. during the exchange, all the staff looked so unhappy that we requested to change the items, and there was an uncle who kept speaking rudely in hokkien (thinking that we didn't understand) saying things like "*** troublesome, why did we *** sell them the lights, so *** that they want to exchange items".. We were quite shocked cox when coming into the shop, we kept apologizing to them, and explained that it was an impulse purchase so need that exchange, but their attitude was so bad - yes, perhaps our purchase isn't the biggest in the shop (the total amount was 360SGD) and after exchanging, we topped up another 7 bucks >.< - but even if our purchase wasn't big, it doesn't mean that they should be so rude to us, especially when we were smiling and apologetic and all 'paiseh' when we went into the shop - is this customer service?

this second exchange was done badly as well.. firstly they gave us casings that would rust easliy (we can't have casings that will rust easily as we are near punggol =( Humidity kills )we needed the casings to have GU10 fittings, and they did not advise us and included in the purchase transformers (which were needed only for MR16 bulbs and not GU10).. in the end this meant that another round of exchange was needed - we were also thinking of returning those that would rust and were prepared to just exchange everything in and buy one single light from them (an expensive light and just top up the remaining since it would make it easier) but at this stage, they were ultra unfriendly even though we were prepared to just buy an expensive light.. and they started arguing and scolding and refused to let us see their higher ups to see if anything can be done.. we are not requesting for a refund, we are just requesting for an exchange - which was something they said was possible when they were selling to us.. but now that we wan to do it, they got so upset.. my hubby was in there talking for an hour plus with them until Roy (our renovator) walked in and told us that our casings should be ok and should not rust..

we left without the exchanging, choosing to believe Roy.. but at that stage, we were more upset that before the purchase was made, they promised so many things and kept hard selling.. when we decided to support them and trust them for what they say and made the purchase, they had a 180 degree change in attitude and became so mean to us even when we were nice and apologetic during the first exchange.. the second exchange they decided to just flare up and hurl insults in hokkien at us (hellooo the customer is always right leh.. and somemore we were nice - why provoke us? if they can't do the exchange, then they can still tell it to us politely, we are not unreasonable people - if they had spoken to us nicely, we would have left the shop happily even if no item exchange was done.. y hurl insults???)

now looking back, we are not upset that the exchange wasn't done, but what we are upset at is that the shop people were so rude and unfriendly, not bothering to help or even be polite (why do they always have to raise their voice and hurl insults in hokkien?) don't understand their service attitude..

anyway, this post is not to flame the shop - we still don't know if the items will rust (i guess we will find out with the course of time).. this post is just to rant out frustrations caused by the rude attitudes and the hurling of hokkien insults by the people at the shop..rawrr!!!!!!!

anyway the lights r up.. but according to Roy his electrician didn't fix the wires properly, so the lights can't be lit up fully yet.. o.o so now we r just waiting for the lights to be wired properly~

our cabinetry is due this week~~ but we havent even discussed about the toilet cabinets.. am a bit worried that it wouldn't all come in on time.. our projected handover date is 7th October - duno whether possible a not o.o

hope our house will be ready soon!!!

we went lights shopping over the last week at balestier and jalan besar to purchase the items that we needed..initially we wanted to buy track lights from Chan Huat (they have SOOO many shops! Just realised that a lot of the shops that we walked into in Balestier belonged to them lol) as they told us that they have a casing that can fit LED 8W 35degree bulb (this was the bulb we wanted as we wanted a floodlight effect more than spotlight).. so we were very surprised that when we went into Chan Huat this time round, they told us that it was miscommunication..we had wanted to leave at that point, but the salesman there kept selling to us all the items and speaking in rapid Mandarin until we gave in and bought the tracklights anyway (silly decision -_-)

after this buy, we went on to Jalan Besar and walked into Megaman, and found our ideal tracklight (with the bulb specifications of 8W floodlight).. at that point, we decided to call chan huat and request for an exchange and we went back on the same day to exchange to other items, but the shop was closing so we did a very fast exchange of items to some ceiling fixtures.. during the exchange, all the staff looked so unhappy that we requested to change the items, and there was an uncle who kept speaking rudely in hokkien (thinking that we didn't understand) saying things like "*** troublesome, why did we *** sell them the lights, so *** that they want to exchange items".. We were quite shocked cox when coming into the shop, we kept apologizing to them, and explained that it was an impulse purchase so need that exchange, but their attitude was so bad - yes, perhaps our purchase isn't the biggest in the shop (the total amount was 360SGD) and after exchanging, we topped up another 7 bucks >.< - but even if our purchase wasn't big, it doesn't mean that they should be so rude to us, especially when we were smiling and apologetic and all 'paiseh' when we went into the shop - is this customer service?

this second exchange was done badly as well.. firstly they gave us casings that would rust easliy (we can't have casings that will rust easily as we are near punggol =( Humidity kills )we needed the casings to have GU10 fittings, and they did not advise us and included in the purchase transformers (which were needed only for MR16 bulbs and not GU10).. in the end this meant that another round of exchange was needed - we were also thinking of returning those that would rust and were prepared to just exchange everything in and buy one single light from them (an expensive light and just top up the remaining since it would make it easier) but at this stage, they were ultra unfriendly even though we were prepared to just buy an expensive light.. and they started arguing and scolding and refused to let us see their higher ups to see if anything can be done.. we are not requesting for a refund, we are just requesting for an exchange - which was something they said was possible when they were selling to us.. but now that we wan to do it, they got so upset.. my hubby was in there talking for an hour plus with them until Roy (our renovator) walked in and told us that our casings should be ok and should not rust..

we left without the exchanging, choosing to believe Roy.. but at that stage, we were more upset that before the purchase was made, they promised so many things and kept hard selling.. when we decided to support them and trust them for what they say and made the purchase, they had a 180 degree change in attitude and became so mean to us even when we were nice and apologetic during the first exchange.. the second exchange they decided to just flare up and hurl insults in hokkien at us (hellooo the customer is always right leh.. and somemore we were nice - why provoke us? if they can't do the exchange, then they can still tell it to us politely, we are not unreasonable people - if they had spoken to us nicely, we would have left the shop happily even if no item exchange was done.. y hurl insults???)

now looking back, we are not upset that the exchange wasn't done, but what we are upset at is that the shop people were so rude and unfriendly, not bothering to help or even be polite (why do they always have to raise their voice and hurl insults in hokkien?) don't understand their service attitude..

anyway, this post is not to flame the shop - we still don't know if the items will rust (i guess we will find out with the course of time).. this post is just to rant out frustrations caused by the rude attitudes and the hurling of hokkien insults by the people at the shop..rawrr!!!!!!!

At times we already try to give in ...by being nice...but others would just take for granted...and climb on top of you...as if we owe them....

At times we already try to give in ...by being nice...but others would just take for granted...and climb on top of you...as if we owe them....

didn't know Chan Huat is like this... For the last reno for my family, I bought 4 ceiling lights from them and then my bro didn't like the designs and went to change. But there are a number of branches, so its hard to say...

I also worry about my lights casing rusting. I bought those bases with cords to fix the bulbs on, then it was only on the nite before the electrician was coming to fix that I realise there were some spects and pop up bits and uneven surfaces. contractor said its spray painted and he can't be sure if it would rust. so I'm going down to exchange. even buying lights so problematic... I'm very tired of going down to Balestier.

sorry to hear about ur unpleasant experience with them. Which branch did you go to?

We did not have problem exchaging the LED light which was too thin for our service yard at the shop next to the teochew noodle coffee shop. I guess the ic there is nicer.

ya..i suppose that's the case.. sigh.. i was quite affected by their rude scoldings and all cox i see that as a form of rejection and i'm someone who is really scared of rejection - and that's the main reason y i dun reject others as well hahaha (but my hubby say this means i'm too easy to bully o.o)

and sigh.. ya.. y cant they be nicer =( do unto others what you wan them to do unto u.. so treat them nice cox hope they treat us nice.. in the end it just feels like our smiling faces got slapped.. o.o -_-"

didn't know Chan Huat is like this... For the last reno for my family, I bought 4 ceiling lights from them and then my bro didn't like the designs and went to change. But there are a number of branches, so its hard to say...

I also worry about my lights casing rusting. I bought those bases with cords to fix the bulbs on, then it was only on the nite before the electrician was coming to fix that I realise there were some spects and pop up bits and uneven surfaces. contractor said its spray painted and he can't be sure if it would rust. so I'm going down to exchange. even buying lights so problematic... I'm very tired of going down to Balestier.

ya.. actually we found online from renotalk that Chan Huat has quite competitive pricing for their track lights - which was the main reason y we decided to go Chan Huat.. but going there and having these all happen.. and finding that they are charging GST (7% can mean a lot o.o) and yet not CASE certified is just.. scary..

oh no.. looks like we have the same issue o.o our light casing also got some scratches and uneven surfaces.. i wonder if buaing oil on the light casings would help to deter the rust or just cause the lights to "BOOM" and light up in flames hahahaha >.< with Singapore's weather being so hot and humid, i'm wondering how long our light casings can actually last without rusting.. i guess the headache is if the casing rust and replacement is needed... then HOW??? =( in the end did u manage to exchange? someone told me the way to check if things will rust is to use magnet - if it sticks - it will rust, if it doesn't stick, it won't rust - not sure how true... sounds really dubious though.. >.<

sorry to hear about ur unpleasant experience with them. Which branch did you go to?

We did not have problem exchaging the LED light which was too thin for our service yard at the shop next to the teochew noodle coffee shop. I guess the ic there is nicer.

we went to the 391 branch >.< i think it's not just the branch but also the people who are in it.. the person who served us initially came from another branch to help out for the night.. i think the rest can still be reasonably polite.. but one of the supervisors was the one hurling insults and trying to initiate shouting match =( *faint*

Edited by princessandhergeek

Hihi

Do you knw where i can get the minka aire fans?

hihi~

they are not available in singapore yet.. i spoke to their US office, who directed me to their Aussie office (partly due to wattage difference) who advised that they do not do overseas shipment.. which means the only way to buy this fan is either to a) buy the fan and pick it up from their US office or b) buy the fan and pick up from their Aussie office.. both of which warranty doesnt extend to overseas installs.. these information came from chatting with their online operator hahaha..

*latest update!!

i just went to check my email and searched for the term artemis.. they replied but i didn't see!! apparently elmark marketing (the same ones that are distributing the sycamore fan) will be bringing in the artemis fan too.. *excites*

woo hoo!!

anyway, one side note complaint to add.. after the experience with chan huat (plus the fact that they were charging gst and prices are not really cheap since we found cheaper items outside and quality is the same), we went about a bit more and we found another shop along jalan besar.. great attitude even though we voiced from the start that we only wanted one light for common bedroom, and two lights for toilets.. in the end we found one light that we really liked (we called it a speaker light! but no images cox my phone no batt at that time -_-) and paid 200sgd for it (original price was 249) and she later allowed us to use credit card for it as well.. best thing is: they don't charge gst, and delivery is free with purchases above 200sgd.. chan huat told us that it was free delivery above sgd 600!!! imagine our shock.. we bought more at chan huat.. but no delivery - had to carry everything ourselves.. and at this one small shop, service is better and got free delivery somemore.. all that is left is whether the quality is good.. guess we will find out soon.. rawrrr!!!

hihi~

they are not available in singapore yet.. i spoke to their US office, who directed me to their Aussie office (partly due to wattage difference) who advised that they do not do overseas shipment.. which means the only way to buy this fan is either to a) buy the fan and pick it up from their US office or b) buy the fan and pick up from their Aussie office.. both of which warranty doesnt extend to overseas installs.. these information came from chatting with their online operator hahaha..

*latest update!!

i just went to check my email and searched for the term artemis.. they replied but i didn't see!! apparently elmark marketing (the same ones that are distributing the sycamore fan) will be bringing in the artemis fan too.. *excites*

woo hoo!!

Hi, I was just wondering since you did so much research into looking for fans, might you know were to get this?

Air fan by Boffi

grcb01.th.jpg

Hi, I was just wondering since you did so much research into looking for fans, might you know were to get this?

Air fan by Boffi

grcb01.th.jpg

hi evi!

the fan looks good! unfortunately i din do research on this fan - didn't see it during my research phase otherwise i'd definitely have researched more =) it looks really similar to the wing ceiling fan by minka aires.. since elmark marketing is carrying the minka aires artemis.. maybe they are carrying the wing fan as well - but i still think the air fan by boffi looks better >.< sorry cant be of more help!

http://www.lumens.com/wing-ceiling-fan-by-minka-aire/uu369460/product

Some updates! Carpentry for the living area arrived on the 30th Sept.. and went up on the 3rd! Unfortunately we forgot to remind Roy to protect the floor when the carpentry went up.. so we're not sure if the floor will be affected.. *cross-fingers that there are no scratches....

anyway picture time!

CarpentryatHouse.png

ViewfromMainDoor.png

TVConsole.png

TVConsoleDisappearingLid.png

ShoeCabinet.png