Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojc82

Seeking Great Ideas For New Flat!

Hi all

My gf and I have just selected a flat and its due to be ready in 3 years' time. Looking at the great variety of useful renovation ideas here, we thought of putting up our floor plan earlier. This would facilitate discussions and sharing of ideas.

Since this is our first home, we have relatively little experience and can only be humble in seeking advice from all the wise members here.

Here we go! Thanks in advance!

img005-Cropped.jpg

Edited by hojc82

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi hojc,

Early congrats tt comes in 3 years time... *winks*

Wow I like the layout, pretty much like a condo style walk into the dining and kitchen to the entrance side. I will think hacking away the kitchen wall whether partially or fully to connect the dining with kitchen. The proposed study seem like a good place, unless u often have friends over for meetup entertainment n u want to enlarge the living area to the maximum. Can have the study in a room if you prefer more privacy and build a little garden area around the living for some nature (dunno ur view n if u like nature). Could even have a room just for walk in wardrobe. Of cos if children r expected you might want to keep one ready for baby room. Style wise difficult to comment cos in 3 years time something new may come up and your preference might differ and change.

I must say it is a big space for u n ur future wife :)

What r ur thots abt the space planning?

Cheers

Edited by SarahLim

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your compliments! We were pretty lucky to get this choice!

We intend to put a piano where the proposed study room currently stands.

As for the master bedroom, my elder sis had commented that it would be tough putting in a wardrobe due to the location of the windows. Din manage to understand much of what she was saying though....haha!

As my gf and I do not wish to spend very very much on renovation, we should be staying away from any hacking works. :)

Definitely want to reserve space for little ones! :)

Hi hojc,

Early congrats tt comes in 3 years time... *winks*

Wow I like the layout, pretty much like a condo style walk into the dining and kitchen to the entrance side. I will think hacking away the kitchen wall whether partially or fully to connect the dining with kitchen. The proposed study seem like a good place, unless u often have friends over for meetup entertainment n u want to enlarge the living area to the maximum. Can have the study in a room if you prefer more privacy and build a little garden area around the living for some nature (dunno ur view n if u like nature). Could even have a room just for walk in wardrobe. Of cos if children r expected you might want to keep one ready for baby room. Style wise difficult to comment cos in 3 years time something new may come up and your preference might differ and change.

I must say it is a big space for u n ur future wife :)

What r ur thots abt the space planning?

Cheers

Nice floor plan.... I got one suggestion is to hack the kitchen wall away to make the house look big and kitchen brighter.... Hacking is not expensive.. But i am not sure if u want an open concept kitchen... If not, u might consider hack the kitchen wall and replaced w a temper glass... Visually it make the house look big and kitchen oso will be brighter...

You can consider a small walkin wardrobe... That shd resolve ur window issue... Just like mine too :)

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your compliments! We were pretty lucky to get this choice!

We intend to put a piano where the proposed study room currently stands.

As for the master bedroom, my elder sis had commented that it would be tough putting in a wardrobe due to the location of the windows. Din manage to understand much of what she was saying though....haha!

As my gf and I do not wish to spend very very much on renovation, we should be staying away from any hacking works. :)

Definitely want to reserve space for little ones! :)

Hi Shawncck

Thanks for your comments! The idea of hacking the kitchen wall has been brought up by many people and is definitely worth considering!

Nice floor plan.... I got one suggestion is to hack the kitchen wall away to make the house look big and kitchen brighter.... Hacking is not expensive.. But i am not sure if u want an open concept kitchen... If not, u might consider hack the kitchen wall and replaced w a temper glass... Visually it make the house look big and kitchen oso will be brighter...

You can consider a small walkin wardrobe... That shd resolve ur window issue... Just like mine too :)

Took some time to come up with a basic plan for future use. Wondering if there's any way to optimise the space where the dining table is?

1130w.png

Edited by hojc82

Be careful about planning space especially for the dining area - HDB layouts are deceptively optimistic! I'd use an extendable dining table and stackable stools for extra guests when you have people over, but when it's just gonna be your and your partner, you can stow the extra stools away and retract the table to just fit 4 people. Too many chairs at the dining table but cause clutter at the entrance of your home. And make sure you get as much light as possible - a glass wall between the kitchen and dining area will open up the space even more.

Fa,

thisbtotrendmustdie.wordpress.com

When is the expected date of TOP?

Have you finalised what you want to do already?

Expected to get keys between Oct - Dec this year. Yet to decide!

Be careful about planning space especially for the dining area - HDB layouts are deceptively optimistic! I'd use an extendable dining table and stackable stools for extra guests when you have people over, but when it's just gonna be your and your partner, you can stow the extra stools away and retract the table to just fit 4 people. Too many chairs at the dining table but cause clutter at the entrance of your home. And make sure you get as much light as possible - a glass wall between the kitchen and dining area will open up the space even more.

Fa,

thisbtotrendmustdie.wordpress.com

Thanks for the alert. Any idea how much putting up the glass wall betweeen the kitchen and dining area (and all assorted works) would cost?