Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

also drop by interior affairs to get brainwash by their shower system..

Woo.... Hope they open on sats!

i'm going to Blum and interior affairs to get brainwash this sat too..

also drop by interior affairs to get brainwash by their shower system..

i'm going to Blum and interior affairs to get brainwash this sat too..

Don't need to go interior affairs, I'm alrdy brainwashed.

Buying hansgrohe and Grohe directly from Germany. Much much cheaper and made in Germany.

Don't need to go interior affairs, I'm alrdy brainwashed.

Buying hansgrohe and Grohe directly from Germany. Much much cheaper and made in Germany.

ya ya.. saw the website, insaniti.de, compare to sg.. price diff is 50%.. even after including shipping to SG. Going Interior affairs to check out the models i wan.. heee.. :P

Its been awhile since i updated my reno journey...

After months of intensive research and meeting of IDs/contractors, I have finally decided which ID/contractor to engage for my reno project... :dancingqueen:

and he is none other than Nicholas from RenoGuyz (previously from D'Trenzo) :sport-smiley-004:

In total, I met up with 7 IDs/Contractors! :jawdrop: Imagine repeating myself for 7 times... :bangwall:

I shall leave the comments/writeups on the various IDs/Contractors at a later date when I'm free to write in details. (must be fair to them mah)

First up, Nic has submitted the HDB permit for approval. Hopefully can "Dong Tu" on the 18 Nov and complete it by 15 Jan. :bow:

Meanwhile I have bought a few items for the house....

1) 2m long 3-seater fabric sofa with 2 big and 2 small cushions. My SO just loves the design. she said its a combi of Scandinavian and korean style. :dunno:

Below is a picture of the L-Shape sofa, but I bought a 3-seater instead...House too small for L-shape 8|

DFBEA1B9-7118-4536-A76B-F6DFAEB7E6FC-1342-000000DBE4A29C9E.jpg

2)Omazz Flody Nadrin Queen Size bed plus storage bed frame. Me and my SO tested at least 10+ mattress from various reputable brands. Guess we were too exhausted to test anymore beds and since Omazz is the last brand that we tried and it feels good, we decided to go ahead of it although the price busted our budget by $700+ :bangwall:

Bed frame design (have not decided on the colour and fabric)

BedFrame.jpg

Mattress

OmazzFlodyNadrinMattress2.jpg

OmazzFlodyNadrinMattress1.jpg

to be continued...

Edited by Nexer

3) Bosch WAE16060SG Washing Machine. Good brand, but i heard this model is Made in Thailand. To me, as long as its good and durable can liao. :sport-smiley-003:

BoschWashingMachineWAE16060SG850x600x590.jpg

4)Hitachi RZ481EMS White Fridge. We choose this mainly due to its capacity and its white in colour (Match our theme). Oh ya, it came with a Hitachi CSI58EXS Cordless Steam Iron.

HitachiFridgeRZ481EMS-White680x1770x695.jpg

HitachiCordlessSteamIronCSI58EXS.jpg

5)Hitachi AV100E Supersteam Oven. This is an ultimate impulse buy! :furious: While we were looking at the Hitachi fridge, the promoter showed us this oven. Don't know what got into us and we decided to splash a 4-figure sum on this oven. And not forgetting We have bought the Philips Airfryer one month ago!! It better be as **** good as it's advertised! if not, i will 8|:curse: Looking at the bright side, it did come with a Hitachi CVSH20 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner.

HitachiOvenAV100E505x501x412.jpg

HitachiVacuumCleanerCVSH20.jpg

Edited by Nexer

6)Dining Chairs from Gmarket. Received the chairs in good condition, hopefully it will be sturdy and stable after i fix it up.

eames97.jpg

OK, thats all for today. Tomorrow, I will update on the reno of my home...design, theme, colours, blah blah... :good:

Exciting time ahead! :yamseng:

Sigh... :bangwall:

Before the actual Reno commences, I'm already facing with problems... :furious:

Contractor said that while trying to submit the renovation application online, the system prompted that owner need to make a trip down to the branch office before submitting is allowed. :jawdrop:

I called the HDB technical officer and he said that he has never faced this problem before and questioned whether did the contractor submit it correctly.

Who's words should I believe now? The contractor or the TO? Really :curse:

I am doing my reno now. No, I don't think need to go down to HDB for the approval. My contractor settled everything for me.

:sport-smiley-004:

Contractor said that while trying to submit the renovation application online, the system prompted that owner need to make a trip down to the branch office before submitting is allowed. :jawdrop:

I called the HDB technical officer and he said that he has never faced this problem before and questioned whether did the contractor submit it correctly.

My ID submitted for me both hacking and reno applications, no need me to go down or to authorise him or fill in any form. One of the walls I needed hacked required PE approval - that was handled for me too, never had to appear or even see the PE. Just get letters from HDB about it only ... :sport-smiley-018: Fyi, you can monitor the status of your reno application via the myHDB page.

Update on the Reno permit

HDB called to clarify that it was their system that had problem, so it was not my contractor's fault.

Anyway, Reno application submitted, hopefully they will approve the hacking works soon! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Nexer

Update...

Yesterday went for a day trip to JB. To cut the story short (jams, took the wrong route, detour, etc), here are the loots!

9E088C75-E001-4583-8EAE-7D83D26284D5-3915-000002B871CB47D3.jpg

9 cartons of craftstone bricks (190kg!!)

6 downlights c/w LeD bulb + 1 extra LED(just in case)

1 5m LED strip lights (for covelight)

1 track light c/w 3 LED bulb

15 schneizer 2gang switch sockets

7 schneizer switches

2 schneizer water heater switches

2 toilet ceiling lights c/w energy saving bulbs

1 storeroom light c/w LED bulb

All LED are philips LED bulbs.

Total damage: RM$2000 (abt S$820)

Wanted to get fanco ceiling fans, but could not find any shops selling. Anyone can help? Shld be going in again in dec to buy the rest of the ceiling and pendant lights.

Edited by Nexer

3) Bosch WAE16060SG Washing Machine. Good brand, but i heard this model is Made in Thailand. To me, as long as its good and durable can liao. :sport-smiley-003:

BoschWashingMachineWAE16060SG850x600x590.jpg

4)Hitachi RZ481EMS White Fridge. We choose this mainly due to its capacity and its white in colour (Match our theme). Oh ya, it came with a Hitachi CSI58EXS Cordless Steam Iron.

HitachiFridgeRZ481EMS-White680x1770x695.jpg

HitachiCordlessSteamIronCSI58EXS.jpg

5)Hitachi AV100E Supersteam Oven. This is an ultimate impulse buy! :furious: While we were looking at the Hitachi fridge, the promoter showed us this oven. Don't know what got into us and we decided to splash a 4-figure sum on this oven. And not forgetting We have bought the Philips Airfryer one month ago!! It better be as **** good as it's advertised! if not, i will 8|:curse: Looking at the bright side, it did come with a Hitachi CVSH20 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner.

HitachiOvenAV100E505x501x412.jpg

HitachiVacuumCleanerCVSH20.jpg

Hi Nexer!!!

Hey we got the same fridge!!! hahahaa ;):yamseng:

Wishing you a smooth reno ya!

Update...

Yesterday went for a day trip to JB. To cut the story short (jams, took the wrong route, detour, etc), here are the loots!

9E088C75-E001-4583-8EAE-7D83D26284D5-3915-000002B871CB47D3.jpg

9 cartons of craftstone bricks (190kg!!)

6 downlights c/w LeD bulb + 1 extra LED(just in case)

1 5m LED strip lights (for covelight)

1 track light c/w 3 LED bulb

15 schneizer 2gang switch sockets

7 schneizer switches

2 schneizer water heater switches

2 toilet ceiling lights c/w energy saving bulbs

1 storeroom light c/w LED bulb

All LED are philips LED bulbs.

Total damage: RM$2000 (abt S$820)

Wanted to get fanco ceiling fans, but could not find any shops selling. Anyone can help? Shld be going in again in dec to buy the rest of the ceiling and pendant lights.

did you went to the old shophouse? Ling Hong Electric?? Tampoi lighting too?

nice white Zencelo switches and sockets!

Looking forward to see your scandi kitchen :yamseng: