Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nexer

Home Sweet Home Feeling

Well for time being wait for package to arrive first and chk if it c/w mixer

:yamseng:

I agree, just wait for the package. You need a mixer to run the water n rain shower must use storage heater else water pressure not strong enough.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I guess its time to go bed testing then! :sport-smiley-004:

Saw this that might interest you:

KingKoil Warehouse Sale

Date: 31st Aug - 3rd Sept

Duration: 9am- 9pm

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52140

Time to show some of my buys even thou i have yet to collect my keys! :jawdrop:

Euphoria Grohe Shower system with diverter and shower arm 390mm chrome (27297001)- $348

[

Anyone bought Grohe stuff? any comments? I should not face any problems when installing in my 38 years old hdb flat right? :bow:

I got a mixture of Grohe and Hansgrohe.

It is expensive but you are paying for its value and quality.

my Grohe faucet still looks nice and shiny after 2 years.

I remember visiting a old traditional hotel with at least some 30+ years and they are using Grohe products.

I agree, just wait for the package. You need a mixer to run the water n rain shower must use storage heater else water pressure not strong enough.

There's ppl installing it without a storage heater nevertheless.

I'm using it with a storage heater. Works well.

You might wanna consider using a larger cold water pipe to run to your house.

Nothing much we can do about pressure.

Saw this that might interest you:

KingKoil Warehouse Sale

Date: 31st Aug - 3rd Sept

Duration: 9am- 9pm

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52140

I got a mixture of Grohe and Hansgrohe.

It is expensive but you are paying for its value and quality.

my Grohe faucet still looks nice and shiny after 2 years.

I remember visiting a old traditional hotel with at least some 30+ years and they are using Grohe products.

There's ppl installing it without a storage heater nevertheless.

I'm using it with a storage heater. Works well.

You might wanna consider using a larger cold water pipe to run to your house.

Nothing much we can do about pressure.

Will the water pressure affected if I'm staying on the highest level. Some said the water pressure is the lowest.

Will the water pressure affected if I'm staying on the highest level. Some said the water pressure is the lowest.

that is what i heard too. did you test the water pressure when you go viewing? usually i will pretend to use the toilet to test the water pressure.

Met up with Mr W from SDS. A nice chap who put practicality before design. Told me the "can do" and did not make any empty promise. But he told me his quote will be above my budget... Sadz.

Guess I will wait for his quote first...meanwhile waiting to meet more id/contractor

Maybe late Oct or early Nov. hoping to move in before christmas.

I think we had the same timing. Most probably I will get contractor/ID to our new place on mid Oct to do on-site measurement for quotation, then after collecting the keys they can straight away start. I heard that Dec is peak period for them, thus the progress will be slower, if whole house going to hack, need at least 2 mths, fastest can only be in early Jan.

Met up with Mr W from SDS. A nice chap who put practicality before design. Told me the "can do" and did not make any empty promise. But he told me his quote will be above my budget... Sadz.

Guess I will wait for his quote first...meanwhile waiting to meet more id/contractor

Hi Nexer, I also have a 3 room trying to work within that budget, and I think the condition of my flat is worse than yours! IDs also quoted me around 30 but added in a lot of stuff like tv feature wall that I didnt want. I'm going with contractors, havent decided yet, but I think the budget is doable.. You should probably check your itemised breakdown and see where you can cut cost. If you don't need to hack so much, don't hack! can consider just overlaying the tiles on top of the existing floor. Or you can go with laminates. Built in carpentry that can forgo also consider forgoing... Unless you really intend to live in the flat for super long, in which case the Reno is an investment.

Hi Nexer, I also have a 3 room trying to work within that budget, and I think the condition of my flat is worse than yours! IDs also quoted me around 30 but added in a lot of stuff like tv feature wall that I didnt want. I'm going with contractors, havent decided yet, but I think the budget is doable.. You should probably check your itemised breakdown and see where you can cut cost. If you don't need to hack so much, don't hack! can consider just overlaying the tiles on top of the existing floor. Or you can go with laminates. Built in carpentry that can forgo also consider forgoing... Unless you really intend to live in the flat for super long, in which case the Reno is an investment.

Yup, have decided to go with contractors instead of ids as I already know the design and theme of my new home.

Hopefully contractors quotes can be 10-20% cheaper compared to the quotes I have been getting from ids.

Anyway, found my lounge/ signature chair with matching ottoman! Most imptly, its within my budget!!!

31323EA3-5863-4CC5-B7B7-91C7C14D5AEC-40508-0000204798240533.jpg

Met Master Chang in the afternoon. Most of it are not so good news but he did provide remedies and recommendation for it.

Wanted to hack of 1 of the wall between the living room nd kitchen, but master change advised me not to. Guess i will need to work round it.

Oh ya, yes, i have to tilt my main front door too. Hopefully my contractor is able to do it. Have to keep 2 lights on 24hrs, hopefully LED lights will not eat so much electricity.

Most likely, will either rent or sell the house after 5 years.

This is the house layout i have designed based on the recommendation by Fengshui Master.

5E2C2AF6-F077-4973-A4B1-133C8C7B489E-51218-00002A57FD224CAC.jpg

Meeting Mr K later, hopefully it will be the last contractor i need to meet!

Edited by Nexer

Yup, have decided to go with contractors instead of ids as I already know the design and theme of my new home.

Hopefully contractors quotes can be 10-20% cheaper compared to the quotes I have been getting from ids.

Anyway, found my lounge/ signature chair with matching ottoman! Most imptly, its within my budget!!!

31323EA3-5863-4CC5-B7B7-91C7C14D5AEC-40508-0000204798240533.jpg

through ikea? i saw ikea latest catalog and saw this. seem nice but got to go there to sit and see.

through ikea? i saw ikea latest catalog and saw this. seem nice but got to go there to sit and see.

Yup, went to try out the chair yesterday. It was comfy and both me and my girl likes it alot. Price is reasonable too but slightly too big for my living room as u can see from my house layout.

Yup, went to try out the chair yesterday. It was comfy and both me and my girl likes it alot. Price is reasonable too but slightly too big for my living room as u can see from my house layout.

hhmm.... maybe i should go and have a look.... then will know the size of it