Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuy

Sellers Request For Extention Of Stay After Completion

case 1 : my friend extended for the family to stay 60 days. end of 60 days, they want 30 days more. then the family still don't want ot move out as they have no money so my friend have to give them 2-3k so they move out and rent another place. my friend have no choice as her other flat also need to hand over.

I dun understand why yr friend nid to pay them 2-3k to ask them to move out. Your friend is alrdy the official owner, he can chase them out legally.

case 2 : told by the HDB officer when i went for the HDB resale seminar. the officer said the worst case he have encounter was the lady of the house committed suicide the day before handover. and buyer cannot say, don't want to buy as its already after completion and the flat official is the buyer. and yet, this happen so buyer also don't want to move in.

if say suay suay the same thing happen, the owner commit suicide but is after 1st appointment only, so the buyer do not need to fullfill the sale? But we hv alrdy confirm the bank loan, can we still back out at this stage?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I dun understand why yr friend nid to pay them 2-3k to ask them to move out. Your friend is alrdy the official owner, he can chase them out legally.

if say suay suay the same thing happen, the owner commit suicide but is after 1st appointment only, so the buyer do not need to fullfill the sale? But we hv alrdy confirm the bank loan, can we still back out at this stage?

Who will help to chase them out? Police? But in the first place, she agreed for them to stay there for additional 2 months. Police don't get involved in this kind, I think. Can only get lawyer to issue them warning? But paying lawyer same as paying them.

If 1st appt this happen, still can back out as transaction not completed yet. Bank side will not have penalty if you give reason and you will take back the same bank loan when you find another flat. As long as its not 2nd appt, still can back out from everything.

Not that I think contractors pays for PUB during reno, but it nvr occurs to me tat they need electricity to carry out the reno works, haha :o

Pub is only electricity? Also have water, right? They need both to do reno.

Pub is only electricity? Also have water, right? They need both to do reno.

ya lor

Reno worker also human.

They also need to go toilet.

After meal, they also need to wash their hand.

I remember someone mention when s/he open her/his new HDB unit.

S/he found a human waste on the floor. :jawdrop:

Who will help to chase them out? Police? But in the first place, she agreed for them to stay there for additional 2 months. Police don't get involved in this kind, I think. Can only get lawyer to issue them warning? But paying lawyer same as paying them.

If 1st appt this happen, still can back out as transaction not completed yet. Bank side will not have penalty if you give reason and you will take back the same bank loan when you find another flat. As long as its not 2nd appt, still can back out from everything.

Ya, Police will assist in such matter. In legal term, it is know a trespassing. The tenant have to vacant n proceed with legal liability if they had any agreement

Usually when must the seller move out? b4 the 1st appointment?

I read somewhere saying something like seller will let the buyer inspect the place on the 1st appointment?

Usually when must the seller move out? b4 the 1st appointment?

I read somewhere saying something like seller will let the buyer inspect the place on the 1st appointment?

No seller have to move out before 2nd appt. as long when you get your keys during 2nd appt, the house should be empty. Inspect the place is usually few days before 2nd appt, not first.

Ya, Police will assist in such matter. In legal term, it is know a trespassing. The tenant have to vacant n proceed with legal liability if they had any agreement

They are not tenant, they are the sellers. And I don't think police can do anything cos my friend was a policewoman before she retired. So she knows whether police can help chase the sellers away. But whatever case, if police comes, then what? Police will literally push them out of the house?

They are not tenant, they are the sellers. And I don't think police can do anything cos my friend was a policewoman before she retired. So she knows whether police can help chase the sellers away. But whatever case, if police comes, then what? Police will literally push them out of the house?

Hi may,

If after the second appt then they have not legal rights to stay in the house. The police will advise to leave. The officer will have to consult the investigator if the situation escalate. In extreme, they might have to use force to make them leave

However on the softer side, upon advising them. Maybe a mutual agreement dateline is agreed between parties. The information is reflected in police first incident report. A repeat activation of police then the follow up officers will knew what had taken place.

Hope I answer all your doubts. There is no such things that ex seller refused to vacant.

I got my HDB on june 2012, during the house viewing, the seller has told all buyer that he need extension for the next HDB renovation, he asking about max 2 month, because he not sure the next HDB he buy from need extension/renovation and etc.

For the compensation, he willing reduce the COV, he left behind all the electric appliance, so i think it's quite good deal.

Edited by imonkey

Hi may,

If after the second appt then they have not legal rights to stay in the house. The police will advise to leave. The officer will have to consult the investigator if the situation escalate. In extreme, they might have to use force to make them leave

However on the softer side, upon advising them. Maybe a mutual agreement dateline is agreed between parties. The information is reflected in police first incident report. A repeat activation of police then the follow up officers will knew what had taken place.

Hope I answer all your doubts. There is no such things that ex seller refused to vacant.

Ok bento. But my friend paid 2-3k to them. So it's too late now to change since its been few years ago. So anyone have this problem can go police to chase them out.

Hi may,

Don't think it's as simple as get the police and chase them out if they dun leave. First of all it will take time for police to take action. Time is $$. Then , if the seller does not have place to go, where you going to put the furnitures left behind ? that's another few hundred for you to dispose the items. If you actually get the police to "vacate" the humans and then , what if they "camp" outside your house ? or stay at the void deck?

I think paying the seller 2-3k is a wiser step than getting the police involved if you even enter into such an agreement. I dont advise buyer / seller to ever go into such agreement because the law is not with you.

Risk of buyer going into the agreement

- Seller refuse to leave after completion.

Risk of seller going into the agreement

- Buyer refuse to let you stay even after verbal agreement after 1 appt. You ll have to get a place to move or you will not see the $$. Worse if you actually discounted the price when you sell..So you actually "lugi"

Edited by HappyHouse88

Hihi, I've a qs to ask.. I'm currently intending to get a unit which e seller req 4wks extension.. Our agent whose our fren usually advise frenz not to go into extension to safeguard emselves as all liability will be under e buyer.. But let's say if we haf a written agreement allowing 4wks extension only..

If hdb decides to be garang n went to spot check realizing previous owner still ard, what's e consequences? Haa..

Hihi, I've a qs to ask.. I'm currently intending to get a unit which e seller req 4wks extension.. Our agent whose our fren usually advise frenz not to go into extension to safeguard emselves as all liability will be under e buyer.. But let's say if we haf a written agreement allowing 4wks extension only..

If hdb decides to be garang n went to spot check realizing previous owner still ard, what's e consequences? Haa..

1st. written agreement has no stand in the eye of law. Since it is not in the eye of Law, HDB also will not recognize.

2nd, if HDB want to play big. You will be charge under rent out the whole house illegally during MOP period.

Either tio fine

OR

whole unit HBD take away.

Is there any reason why the agent advise not to go into extension?

Did she/he heard sth, feel sth?

extension is quite a common request.

almost close to 90% buyer buying resale HDB will tio this request.

Unless the seller has a house to stay.

BUT it is a risk for buyer to let the seller extend after 2nd appointment. If the seller ok, good. every thing mei mei

BUT if the seller is problematic type, not just the seller, include the seller family.

HAHA..

you prepare head get bigger

I should do a poll.

How many of us buy resale HDB , seller never ask for extend.:sport-smiley-004: