Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yuy

Sellers Request For Extention Of Stay After Completion

Hi,

Would like to seek some advise on buying a resale flat.

Will there be any complications if sellers request to let them stay for extra 60 days after completion? I asked why not delay the 1st appointment, they say dun nid.

Which way is better for the buyer?

Thanks for advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

Would like to seek some advise on buying a resale flat.

Will there be any complications if sellers request to let them stay for extra 60 days after completion? I asked why not delay the 1st appointment, they say dun nid.

Which way is better for the buyer?

Thanks for advice.

they could have reason on why they want to stay longer. maybe they need to wait for their new flat to be ready. But they are not able to delay 1st appt as they need the money from selling this flat to pay for the next.

Delay 1st appt = delay 2nd appt = money got delay too

stay after completion = money in bank / cpf, stay free for 2 months.

As a buyer, HDB always advise not to have such agreement to seller to stay after completion. cos officially, the flat is yours after completion. if anything happens during these 60 days, then the buyer will be responsible, not seller.

Hi yuy,

I am a seller which request for extension. My reason is I need the extension for renovation and of course the cash to pay for it. However it is a mutual understanding between the buyer n seller. It is a point which I put to the buyer before the transaction.

Anyway, they give me the convience then I should have the responsibility too. Make sure the conservancy fee and utility bill are paid and kept the mail for my buyer.

Last of all, honour the time frame coz my buyer also néed to move it. For my case, we had a informal written in black n white just to safeguard each other interest.

Jus my two cent comments

Last time, my seller request to stay for 2 weeks after completion but later they are not able move out so soon because they are doing contra.So, they asked us to rent them (around $600) for another one month, which we accepted because we were not in a hurry.

This kind of agreement is both party gentlemen agreement. HDB don't recongize. Law don't recognize.

First , you need to find out the reason why they need to extend. If they are selling and buying. Most of the seller will face this issue.

Second, are you ok with the seller.

My seller ask for 1 mth extend initial then increase to 2 mths. Then at the 2nd appointment, they told us , they need 3 mths. Due to the flat they buying has some delay.

If you are not hurry to shift, it will not impact you much.

But if you had a dateline. U better make it clear to the seller.

PUB .. tell them to cut theirs when they shift out. Don't apply

they could have reason on why they want to stay longer. maybe they need to wait for their new flat to be ready. But they are not able to delay 1st appt as they need the money from selling this flat to pay for the next.

Delay 1st appt = delay 2nd appt = money got delay too

stay after completion = money in bank / cpf, stay free for 2 months.

As a buyer, HDB always advise not to have such agreement to seller to stay after completion. cos officially, the flat is yours after completion. if anything happens during these 60 days, then the buyer will be responsible, not seller.

hmmm .., quite a few, in fact wanted extension of 30/60 days.

What type of risk could happen during these 60 days?

Hi yuy,

I am a seller which request for extension. My reason is I need the extension for renovation and of course the cash to pay for it. However it is a mutual understanding between the buyer n seller. It is a point which I put to the buyer before the transaction.

Anyway, they give me the convience then I should have the responsibility too. Make sure the conservancy fee and utility bill are paid and kept the mail for my buyer.

Last of all, honour the time frame coz my buyer also néed to move it. For my case, we had a informal written in black n white just to safeguard each other interest.

Jus my two cent comments

Check with you, if COV is low, the higher tendency for sellers to require extension to pay for reno?

PUB .. tell them to cut theirs when they shift out. Don't apply

OK, so I shd only apply for my PUB after they move out so that they will pay their own pub bills. Is there any other charges that I shd be aware of? I understand ppty tax will be counted as mine after the 1st appointment?

Do we apply for PUB before or after our own reno?

hmmm .., quite a few, in fact wanted extension of 30/60 days.

What type of risk could happen during these 60 days?

ya, i know quite common that people ask for 30 or 60 days extension. to find one without needing extension is not easy as well. so really depends on whether you want to take the risk. for me, i ddin't want. so i extended the completion date.

2 cases i know :

case 1 : my friend extended for the family to stay 60 days. end of 60 days, they want 30 days more. then the family still don't want ot move out as they have no money so my friend have to give them 2-3k so they move out and rent another place. my friend have no choice as her other flat also need to hand over.

case 2 : told by the HDB officer when i went for the HDB resale seminar. the officer said the worst case he have encounter was the lady of the house committed suicide the day before handover. and buyer cannot say, don't want to buy as its already after completion and the flat official is the buyer. and yet, this happen so buyer also don't want to move in.

Check with you, if COV is low, the higher tendency for sellers to require extension to pay for reno?

Most probably,

For me, I factor in my extension in the sale. So my buyer agreed then I sold it to em. Many come with same offer or higher COV but unable to fulfill the extension so I have to turn em down

For my case, my extension was not enough coz my seller delay my Reno process. But I still move out anyway :(

No.

Who told you.

My COV 44k, my seller extend 3 mth after 2nd appointment.

OK, so I shd only apply for my PUB after they move out so that they will pay their own pub bills. Is there any other charges that I shd be aware of? I understand ppty tax will be counted as mine after the 1st appointment?

Property tax start after 2nd appointment.

1st Appointment the house still not yours. Only after 2nd appointment , you are official the new owner.

Town Council S&C.

Do we apply for PUB before or after our own reno?

I apply after the seller move out.

at least night time, you go and check the reno.. got light.

Don't apply PUB.. how to see at night.

And the contractor also need electrical for their equipment.

I apply after the seller move out.

at least night time, you go and check the reno.. got light.

Don't apply PUB.. how to see at night.

And the contractor also need electrical for their equipment.

This query comes by every few months. Once a while we will have buyers that thinks contractors pays for PUB during reno.

This query comes by every few months. Once a while we will have buyers that thinks contractors pays for PUB during reno.

Not that I think contractors pays for PUB during reno, but it nvr occurs to me tat they need electricity to carry out the reno works, haha :o

No.

Who told you.

My COV 44k, my seller extend 3 mth after 2nd appointment.

Nobody told me, I was wondering if that is the case cos someone said the seller need to extend as they need the $ to come in to pay for reno.