Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crypaz

Home @ Punggol

Whole house same laminate?

Yup I use the same laminates for the whole house. Initally I thought of using a lighter laminate for kitchen and shoe cabinet, and a darker tone for bathroom and bedroom.

But I couldn't find suitables ones. I went through 6 books of laminates, only managed to find one close to the colour tone that's I'm looking for which has wooden grains on it.

There's one with the colour tone that I find okay, but the wooden grain cannot make it. So in the end I just went for the same laminate for the whole house.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

woo…thanks for sharing… perhaps in terms of light dispersion, mine is of a lower degree? Cause inside my track light there's actually 3 round lights

When I bought the lights I only ask if it's bright enough. The sales staff showed to me and it was so bright that I can't look at it directly.

I treat the track lights as part of kitchen deco. If I'm not using track lights, I might go for pendant light instead for the kitchen.

hmm the 3 round lights generally means it's a 3W light (so far - 4 small round lights = 4W, and 5 small round lights = 5W (but this one casing is a bit bigger and cant fit into regular 5W track light bulb casing), there are also 7W, 8W, 10W versions that are one bulb each o.o).. dispersion is the part where u cant really use ur naked eye to evaluate what degree the bulb is.. if u have 2 bulbs side by side, den at most can do comparison.. e.g. if u place 35 degree light beside 26 degree light - it'll be obvious that one disperses the light more than the other... this is what we've learnt from talking to a few salespeople.. of cox i might have explained it wrongly since i'm not a pro >.< so please pardon me if i'm wrong!

actually - if u wan to know the brightness, dun look at it directly.. shine it on the floor and see its effect - that way u can evaluate the brightness and dispersion at the same time =D

hmm.. if u decide to use pendant light instead, where will u shift ur track light?

o.o

hmm the 3 round lights generally means it's a 3W light (so far - 4 small round lights = 4W, and 5 small round lights = 5W (but this one casing is a bit bigger and cant fit into regular 5W track light bulb casing), there are also 7W, 8W, 10W versions that are one bulb each o.o).. dispersion is the part where u cant really use ur naked eye to evaluate what degree the bulb is.. if u have 2 bulbs side by side, den at most can do comparison.. e.g. if u place 35 degree light beside 26 degree light - it'll be obvious that one disperses the light more than the other... this is what we've learnt from talking to a few salespeople.. of cox i might have explained it wrongly since i'm not a pro >.< so please pardon me if i'm wrong!

actually - if u wan to know the brightness, dun look at it directly.. shine it on the floor and see its effect - that way u can evaluate the brightness and dispersion at the same time =D

hmm.. if u decide to use pendant light instead, where will u shift ur track light?

o.o

Actually what i mean is if i dun use track lights for kitchen, i would choose pendant light instead...but since i already choose track lights, i will stick with it...:-)

Actually what i mean is if i dun use track lights for kitchen, i would choose pendant light instead...but since i already choose track lights, i will stick with it...:-)

ooo.. okok i thought u're going to change it to pendant.. is track light really that bad..? now i'm also worried o.o

ooo.. okok i thought u're going to change it to pendant.. is track light really that bad..? now i'm also worried o.o

Hmmm for my case i on the lights at night to test ...it will only brighten certain areas of the kitchen so i plan to add on another light and hopefully it will make the place brighter. I guess it depends on the size of your kitchen and also the type of track lights you using? The electrical shop did mention to me that track light itself is not enough to brighten the whole place. Perhaps you would like to have additional lights like recessed spotlights in your carpentry?

I dun know...mine is just 1m long, i think the most can fit only 5 lights, but too many wouldn't look nice, so i think i stick to 4 lights

I guess if there's a need then i just on the service yard light at the same time.

Hmmm for my case i on the lights at night to test ...it will only brighten certain areas of the kitchen so i plan to add on another light and hopefully it will make the place brighter. I guess it depends on the size of your kitchen and also the type of track lights you using? The electrical shop did mention to me that track light itself is not enough to brighten the whole place. Perhaps you would like to have additional lights like recessed spotlights in your carpentry?

I dun know...mine is just 1m long, i think the most can fit only 5 lights, but too many wouldn't look nice, so i think i stick to 4 lights

I guess if there's a need then i just on the service yard light at the same time.

ooo.. ya.. actually u gotta be careful with the number of lights u fit on the track.. but since urs is 3W LED bulbs, it's no problem even if u load more - only problem is it might not look too aesthetic.. ya.. we r going to have T5 or LED tubes at the bottom of our top cabinets to help brighten up the area.. another safe measure is we'll just buy the track lights first, install at the kitchen, and if it is really too dim, we'll move the tracks to the bedroom area >.< probably gona install a 2m track too o.o hopefully it doesn't look too long dat it'll make the place look ugly o.o

• Like 1

hihi - can PM me the company you used for the bomb shelter racks? and their prices for the L-Shaped racks?

thanks!!

It's been a busy Saturday. Got the bomb shelter racks done, had the doors, window blinds and carpentry measurement taken and bedroom laminates are done. The whole place is so dusty, been breathing in all the dust...

20120825_074935.jpg

Bomb Shelter Racks

Installation of bomb shelter

20120825_082035.jpg

20120825_082652.jpg

20120825_083230.jpg

20120825_084426.jpg

Nope! 624A!

Ok 1m is good.. Intending to get a bigger fridge.. ;)

The area is big enough for a big fridge....congrats on your key collection tmr !

thanks ahead. I just need something similar to your's sink area...

Exterior facade still remain with wood, while interior is tiles...

Here's the pic.

DSC00892.jpg