Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
crypaz

Home @ Punggol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My whole house laminate floor is $4200++ (inclusive of the MBR). Seems like you got a better offer than me....

Hmmm... the floor area is the same if i were to do for my whole house too...maybe is the laminate pricing bah...

Carpentry Laminate

I tried to find those laminate with wood grains, and the colour tone which is similiar to my flooring. This is the initial laminate i choose, but was out of stock

DSC00618.jpg

Got this from the laminate website. Think back i'm glad it's out of stock as this laminate doesn't shows the wood grains though the colour matches the flooring

259899_216596901705866_2211583_n.jpg

So i selected this laminate instead. From the sample you can't see the wooden grains. But from the website, you can see partial of it.

DSC00620.jpg

247038_216594495039440_2691564_n.jpg

The carpenter called me after he received the laminate as he wanted to show me the actual big piece before he start work. He was concern that the actual big piece of laminate might not turn out to be what i expected, as from catalogue we can only see a small sample of the laminate, not the actual whole piece. As the laminate i choose comes with wooden grains, he wants to ensure that i get to see the "lines" and "colours".

This is how the actual piece look like

20120829_202130.jpg

I'm glad this laminate turns out to be fine. If not, i dun know what other laminates to choose already...

Table top

Arrange for table top measurement yesterday. Decided to go for Caesarstone Quartz, white colour.

DSC00866.jpg

Understand that 1 series is of a higher pricing. Wanted to choose the 2141 Snow as it's close to the colour of tiles of the kitchen wall. But we were concern that when it gets stain, it would look quite obvious. Need to put more effort in removing the stain. The guy doing the measurement also advise us to get "too white" if we mind the stain.

So in the end we choose this one instead....with all the "mini dot dot dot"...so that when comes to stain will be less obvious.

DSC00867.jpg

Edited by crypaz

Did you consider 3142 (Shimmer white)? Looks like Osprey but with shimmers

I pick based on the samples provided so didn't see the 3142 u mention....

I pick based on the samples provided so didn't see the 3142 u mention....

Looks like there's alot of white-based ones you didn't get to see. If you want to check out the full range, can drop by Hafary.

Carpentry

My carpentry work is only left with master bedroom wardrobe, which will look similar to common bedroom wardrobe. Appreciate the carpenter for rushing out the work despite his busy schedule.

Kitchen Cabinets are completed, only left with the solid top. Also plan to include a shelf on the right side of the kitchen which will ask the carpenter to include at the later stage. Plan to put my small rice cooker, electric flask, etc on top of the shelf. On the table top will be putting an oven.

I quite like this laminate that i choose. But was wondering if the kitchen looks abit...plain? Or maybe it will look better once it's full completed.

DSC00858R.jpg

DSC00857R.jpgDSC00856R.jpg

Edited by crypaz