Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Charleyan

Your Comments Please

Hi Forumers,I will be getting my resale 5 rooms flat soon. After reading RT I am uncertain. Do you really need to engage ID? Or a contractor is good enough to do the renovation? I went to Spore Expo on Sunday, the package deals offered by some ID companies seem very attractive. For 30K they promised you a dream home. Appreciate all comments. Thanks. Cyan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

normally 30k will come with alot of add-on later.

you have to check with them what are the type or value of tiles they are quoting you.

What type of kitchen top?

What finishing for the carpentry?

if you just need basic functionality for your house..a contractor is probably enough.

but if you are very particular about the 'moods', 'taste' factor...you may still need an ID to provide that 'finishing touch' unless you are quite well versed in in design, color, & material matching.

I'm also still considering to use contractor or ID. But one thing is for sure...any mismatches in color or material..will probably stay on for the next 10-20yrs until you sell off or re-reno again.........

ID always comes with package but in the end.. you will still need to top up for this and that..

Package also provide free air con free toilet acces.. Free TV...

This things will not happen in a contractor company.

ID always comes with package but in the end.. you will still need to top up for this and that..

Package also provide free air con free toilet acces.. Free TV...

This things will not happen in a contractor company.

So can I say that ID and contractor pricing not much diff? (contractor no free items so cost less, ID give free but actually included in their quotation)

Very confusing now as to go for ID or contractor. The more I read the more confused. :dunno:

Hi Forumers,I will be getting my resale 5 rooms flat soon. After reading RT I am uncertain. Do you really need to engage ID? Or a contractor is good enough to do the renovation? I went to Spore Expo on Sunday, the package deals offered by some ID companies seem very attractive. For 30K they promised you a dream home. Appreciate all comments. Thanks. Cyan

"one-stop" service is always better than "multiple-stop" service, especially when u're an "outsider" to the trade.

2 golden rules applies:

- No free lunch.

- Price = MOL.

M-material

O-Overhead

L-Labour

Bigger firms, higher O & L

Smaller firms, everything low, provided u're an "insider".

To be "insider", takes time, no quick fix. Enjoy your process.